Tonsil Laser Ablation In Cm

ThePyawkt

I'm wondering if anyone has information if any of the local Chiang Mai hospitals offer the laser tonsil ablation?

I'm new here, we just moved up in September, from Bangkok. I had been having trouble with mild but frequent tonsillitis while living there, but was told by my ENT there that if we moved to a cleaner city with less air pollution, it would disappear.

Well, the end of last week saw the beginnings of the worst bout I've ever had, and I've been off work yesterday and today, and will be out at least tomorrow. The infection is so bad, the doctor is having me come in for IV antibiotics because the oral ones didn't phase it.

I really don't want these problems anymore, and being the relatively new teacher at school, it's not good.

I've been reading online about the laser ablation technique of removal, and saw the ThaiVisa thread for a place in Bangkok, but was wondering if anyone knows of a hospital in CM that offers it? I'm going to be talking to my doctor about it tomorrow when I go in for the IV, at Chiang Mai Ram, but any personal stories or knowledge would really help!

Thanks!

most interested in hearing more - tonsils have been bad this season.

Havent heard of this treatment - do you have any links??

Here is the link to the discussion for a medical center in Bangkok that does it: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Laser-Tonsil...ov-t216884.html

And here is a useful info link I found: http://www.entmags.org/Different_ways_of_r...ing_tonsils.asp

I am going into an ENT at Chiangmai Ram tomorrow, to see what procedures they offer and their prices. From other things I'm reading on the web, I'm pretty sure I want the laser ablation method. Now finding a place that has it, that is on my medical plan.... :o

Did a bit of research on this, and only found it in BKK, and a huge range of prices, better to get it done in Singapore if you have the chance.

Definitely can't afford that on my salary, but sounds nice....

I'm going to be lucky if I can even afford my share of the costs after my medical benefit kicks in, providing that one of the hospitals on my network offers this. :o