Free Visas For All Tourists

george

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visa fees disappearing?

Big deal!

Most tourists come in on a 30-day stamp anyway.

And that is what Thailand does for stimulating tourism.

In the same time the condemned Australian is shown on TV in all his "glory" everywhere in the world.

In the same time the plight of the "boat people" is spread out in the newspapers around the world, including comments from Thai officials.

And then there is that story of the two Burmese sailors rescued from riding the seas in a coolbox and the story how they came there.

Any bet what will do most for Tourism to Thailand?

The number of tourists is "back to normal"?

Not the number of tourists departing from Europe and America.

While also the number of Chinese visitors is dropping.

Any comments?

Maybe the border crossers who used to get a 30 day entry that now need visas won't have to pay for them (for a while anyway). :o

It is true with the points listed above reflecting poorly on the country, add to that recent police executions of foreigners, plus the usual ripoffs that greet tourists from arrival at the airport till departure. Thailand appears to have no desire or intention to address any of the actual problems, a run of free visas isn't going to do anything, particularly from a government that seemed to quietly approve of shutting the airports.

It is really just about being seen to be doing something. More hot air for the masses.

I wonder how this will affect the cash flow for the overworked Honorary Consuls who rely on these fees to pay for offices and issue the visas. :o

Would think each embassey & consulate would be refunded the visa fees by the thai goverment.

I wonder how this will affect the cash flow for the overworked Honorary Consuls who rely on these fees to pay for offices and issue the visas. :D

Would think each embassey & consulate would be refunded the visa fees by the thai goverment.

:o:D

I recall that TAT saying the average tourist stays smth like 7days? Not sure how this helps anyone????

Thanks. That was very helpful. One of the best posts so far. I once read (CityLife) that the not so average tourist stays 1.8 days in Chiang Mai (Backpackers, I believe, were not taken into account)

I'll be back as soon as I can find some other weighty piece of data. Stay put.

:o

Jesus! I admit that I haven't read through all posts in this yet another thread about tourist problems. Could anyone please enlighten me: - Does this so called "Hot news" mean I now have to go out and buy more chairs as to accommodate all those new tourists pouring in?

Could anyone please enlighten me: - Does this so called "Hot news" mean I now have to go out and buy more chairs as to accommodate all those new tourists pouring in?
I recall that TAT saying the average tourist stays smth like 7days?

I once read (CityLife) that the not so average tourist stays 1.8 days in Chiang Mai

They won't stay long. You'd better rent the chairs.

No - hold off any new chairs. :o
They won't stay long. You'd better rent the chairs.

Phew - what a relief. Thanks for the advices. Due to the poor number of high quality tourists, entering my neighborhood, sofar in this season, the budget for tourist oriented chairs has run out. Anyone out there having tourist chairs for rent?

Could someone please confirm if you apply for O immigrant visa in the UK if your married to a thai that it would be free of charge for the normal 1 year period which is usually 100 pounds.

Why worry? - 100 pound is nothing! - (Nah, bear with me, I'm just joking after having read through a huge number of sad threads about the pound / baht exchange rate on this board).

What is the price? How much are we talking about? If you want to fly in from lets say China, how much is the visa going to cost you? I don't think its a horrendous amount, therefore I don't think it is something that might change your vacation destination. If you consider the airfare, hotels and expenses, will the cost of thai visa drive you away?

regards, Bartek.

If you want to fly in from lets say China, how much is the visa going to cost you? I don't think its a horrendous amount, therefore I don't think it is something that might change your vacation destination. If you consider the airfare, hotels and expenses, will the cost of thai visa drive you away?

Well said.

Instead tourists are worried if the nuts will block airports again.

Let's holiday in a country where terrorists blocking airports are rewarded in key government positions.

Just spoke with the Thai embassy here in Malaysia. Unaware of any such visa fee waiver, and not interested to know either. ermm..well done thailand, after airports, cities perhaps they should send protesters to the embassies just to add to some fun!

VDO - Interview new Tourism Minister, Chumpol Silapaarcha, at Phuket Local Food Festival

http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...php?news_id=918

Our reporter talked to Mr. Chumpol Silapaarcha, the new Thai Minister of Tourism & Sports. He first tell us why the Thai Government’s cabinet just agreed to waive visa fees for 3 months, and reduce Airport & National Park fees, to boost tourism: …….

Contact: Ministry: www.mots.go.th Tel. 0-2283-1500 PPAO: www.phuketcity.org. Tel. 076-211877

Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 at 8.30am & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 7pm & 1am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces & maybe Mazz Radio FM108 at 7pm in Phuket, Thursday 22nd January 2009 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews.com Send comments to [email protected]

Jesus! I admit that I haven't read through all posts in this yet another thread about tourist problems. Could anyone please enlighten me: - Does this so called "Hot news" mean I now have to go out and buy more chairs as to accommodate all those new tourists pouring in?

Yes!! If you've got a Bar in Vietman [Dooh]

The 2 main factors acting against tourism remain the world recession and the high valuation of the bt. Anything else doesn't really matter. Asian tourists are as cash strapped as everyone and many do not have the spare cash to travel.

I'm not sure much can be done really.