Thai Airways Cut Domestic, International Fares

george

THAI cut domestic, international prices

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International Plc (THAI) is cutting domestic airfare in between 45-55 percent from market price while dipping ticket price for international routes up to 50 percent, aims to stimulate traveling in first quarter this year.

"This is the first time the airline offers such extra lower airfare," Chris Chantalitanon, director area for Thailand, Indochina and Myanmar , said Wednesday.

-- The Nation 2009-01-21

Book your air tickets here::

http://travel.thaivisa.com

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the fares also be lower for international flights ORIGINATING in Bangkok?

Cheapest business class flight BKKLHRBKK on the TG website for April is still THB117,000 incl. taxes, same as it was when I looked a while back. Twice the price of Eva Evergreen Deluxe.

I flew Business class to Tokyo in early January, it was like going back in time, there wasn't even video screens in the seat backs, just individual screens that went into the seat armrests, inflight entertainment was a joke.

Very poor service, i wouldn't fly Thai again on that route if it was 50% off, I'd rather pay more and go with an airline that has aircraft with up to date facilities.

maybe it's just a gimmick to book flights from their website.

still, as somebody pointed out, those slashed fares might be still more expensive than camparable fares from the other airlines - always shop around before buying, there is never one single airline doing promotion.

I would imagine now the other airlines might follow the suit, to compete for passangers

Proposed measures that was rejected are includes cutting hotel room rate and airfare proposed to Thai Airways International, reducing value added tax on hotel room rates for one year, an exemption annual fee of Bt80 per room and urgent plan to promote the major destinations of Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga for local tourism.

-- The Nation 2009-01-20

Seems to contradict this story yesterday?? Somebody is telling porkys!!??

We are flying out of Heathrow on Saturday with Thai and I happened to look at their site and the original plane flying back as been changed from a 747 to a A340, as I had pre-booked out seats I rang them and asked if they had re-allocated them and they had but had sat one of us on our own I asked them to seat us in the middle so we could all sit together. I also asked them why they had changed the plane and they said they could not fill them and they had knocked flights off to US and were using those planes.

Also its my hubby's 40th when we fly and I rang them in November and asked if I could buy a bottle of Champagne to be presented to him on the flight they told me I was too early I rang yesterday and told me I was too late!! We are flying economy and I asked if there was anyway I could buy some on the plane as I know they give it to business/first class they said no too much paperwork.

Very disappointed

When are the prices going to drop?

Just checked and LHR-BKK is the same as last week.

RAZZ

:o Just checked Thai Airways site for a tkt LHR-BKK-LHR and the fair has GONE UP???? by over £20 to £547.

Expect the cheaper flights, are for passengers that sit outside, on the wings. :D

Interesting. Just today I was searching Bangkok/Chiang Mai round trips.

The Winner? Bangkok Airlines (Promotion) @ 11K for the family and you get to use thier lounge.

next Nok Air aound 12K

finally Thai Air at around 15K

I guess thai have not updated thier web site yet?

I think we will give bangkok airways a try in our next trip.

Prices from Germany to BKK are about 25-30 % lower now,

but thats no big deal, as crude oil was falling from $ 147 to right now $ 41, an 72 % slide.

with much lower crude, a 30 % price cut is something to expected, no big deal

Just ask your travel agent (in Thailand). Or go to your travel agent's website if he has an online booking engine. I just checked BKK-LHR-BKK departure Jan 24, and return Jan 25. Ticket price THB 25'690, taxes THB 9'505, total THB 35'195 and most important: seats available!

I am sure that Thaivisa can offer you the same or similar deal. The special fairs are valid until March 31, 2009.

Usually, they do not insert such special deals on the TG website. So, don't waste your time.