Internet Connect, Speeds Extremely Slow

livinthailandos

For those of you out there, currently various websites I have visiting have becoming coming to a halt or its so slow that its becoming like dial up internet or worse, check out

http://internettrafficreport.com/

click on asia currently as of 9:40pm average packet loss is 19% and average response time is 339ms, some sites that are remotely close like this one are responding fine since the connection between my end and here are short so the distance is close, but most sites I like visiting are becoming harder to load, even when disabling images, at the moment unaware why packet loss is high. Do understand that my provider TOT is using CAT international Gateway but still slow today though. Anyone else out there having problems. Have done a traceroute and its even showing high response times. Tried to access my yahoo mail loading my inbox is like being on dial up its that pathetic

Worse than dial up.

Last result on TRUE to SG:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2257 kbps (282.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 354 kbps (44.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 182 ms

Thu Jan 22 2009 13:30:28 GMT+0700 (Local Standard Time)

Looks like a bit faster than Dialup!

Cheers.

Worse than dial up.

Last Result:

Cheers.

For most people, the world is not TV.

Worse than dial up.

Last Result:

Cheers.

For most people, the world is not TV.

As you're on TV it's your world just now!! :o

But just for to show:

395253733.png

But just for to show:

395253733.png

Well in this typical Thai community, I am even having trouble getting speedtest.net to come up. Glad you are not suffering the same fate as the typical Internet users in Thailand.

But I suppose if there were decent technology people working in Thailand, we would not all suffer so.

But just for to show:

395253733.png

Well in this typical Thai community, I am even having trouble getting speedtest.net to come up. Glad you are not suffering the same fate as the typical Internet users in Thailand.

But I suppose if there were decent technology people working in Thailand, we would not all suffer so.

First issues in many places is the weak infrastructure of the physical system (cable pp.) until that isn't solved, even the best engineers didn't have a choice with even the best knowledge!

The last few days I do believe there was a problem with TRUE's own intl. Gateway because all users/connection were redirected to the CAT IIG Gateway and that speed was slow. But since yesterday TRUE is back to normal as well.

I'm at a TRUE 2560/512 connection at Samut Prakarn by the way.

Cheers.

First issues in many places is the weak infrastructure of the physical system (cable pp.) until that isn't solved, even the best engineers didn't have a choice with even the best knowledge!

The last few days I do believe there was a problem with TRUE's own intl. Gateway because all users/connection were redirected to the CAT IIG Gateway and that speed was slow. But since yesterday TRUE is back to normal as well.

Cheers.

Well, to me they are hand in hand. I am tired of the 'it is your muffler bearings' excuses. Even the most basic network knowledge escapes them, just watch routine traceroutes.

Cheers.

Well, to me they are hand in hand. I am tired of the 'it is your muffler bearings' excuses. Even the most basic network knowledge escapes them, just watch routine traceroutes.

I don't have screenshots from the last few days as the TRUE was an CAT IIG Gateway but the connection to SG were 400 + ms!! And the Speed NOT above 300 kbps.

And that's infrastructure of TOT/CAT!! If they didn't change, the engineers can't do much!

Cheers.

I also have been experiencing very slow speeds outside of Asia.

Tracing the route using visualroute I have found that TOT are loosing 90% of packets just before it gets to the CAT gateway (which in turn looses about 30%).

So my guess is that TOT have f@cked up the routing somehow.... again !

Also, seems that most routes to uk sites are going via USA, which prolly explains why i don't really experience any major problems until Europe wakes up around lunchtime, prolly the routes being overloaded adds to the TOT problem.

Mine is not an expert opinion though. :o

Totster :D

I also have been experiencing very slow speeds outside of Asia.

Tracing the route using visualroute I have found that TOT are loosing 90% of packets just before it gets to the CAT gateway (which in turn looses about 30%).

So my guess is that TOT have f@cked up the routing somehow.... again !

Also, seems that most routes to uk sites are going via USA, which prolly explains why i don't really experience any major problems until Europe wakes up around lunchtime, prolly the routes being overloaded adds to the TOT problem.

Mine is not an expert opinion though. :D

Totster :D

Can't be the technologists. Has to be the infrastructure. That is an easy blame. :o

Frankly, I think the technologists here are not experienced enough to 'clean up their own backyard' before they start to blame everything else. Routing is a mess, standards are non-existent and forget about logical management and troubleshooting.

Can't be the technologists. Has to be the infrastructure. That is an easy blame. :D

Frankly, I think the technologists here are not experienced enough to 'clean up their own backyard' before they start to blame everything else. Routing is a mess, standards are non-existent and forget about logical management and troubleshooting.

Maybe you offer them your Knowledge and to teach them how to do?! And after that you'll face the complaints directed to you! :D:o:D Kidding!

Take a close look at the visible infrastructure and if you see a TOT Box which standing with open Dor and cable hanging out in Water or something like that, it's the engineers problem!

And if you see the old Telecom Cables with disappearing insulation, is also the engineers problems! The engineers have to pay from them own pocket for to change the hardware needed because the organization didn't has the required hardware and so on, and so on.

Come on, we are inb Thailand, and the Telecom system is mainly more than 30 or 40 years old and for that you can't blame the engineers or can you?

Cheers.

Maybe you offer them your Knowledge and to teach them how to do?! And after that you'll face the complaints directed to you! :D:o:D Kidding!

Take a close look at the visible infrastructure and if you see a TOT Box which standing with open Dor and cable hanging out in Water or something like that, it's the engineers problem!

And if you see the old Telecom Cables with disappearing insulation, is also the engineers problems! The engineers have to pay from them own pocket for to change the hardware needed because the organization didn't has the required hardware and so on, and so on.

Come on, we are inb Thailand, and the Telecom system is mainly more than 30 or 40 years old and for that you can't blame the engineers or can you?

Cheers.

Blame the technology 'professionals' 100%? No. This forum site is not the place to toot my own horn but, network and systems design, architecture and implementation are my industry. So yes, I do have a foundation for my claims. To your suggestion to train them. You can't train the untrainable. They are untrainable because either a) they don't belong in the industry and do not have sufficient core knowledge for what they do or :D they couldn't care less - especially from an outsider like a farang with a clue. Mostly, it is probably both.

Personally, you are a little over the top limiting your reply to your cable statements. While correct, cable conditions are not the only issues. The routers and datacenter designs are not 30 years old. There are things they can do to clean their own backyards. And front-line support people making stupid excuses for bad conditions? That is their own fault. Anyone with half a technology brain can see through their excuses. That is bad customer service and is everyone's fault.