Opendns, Cat Dns, Other Dns Servers

livinthailandos

Just curious to those out there, if you notice any difference when giving your computer or router a dns to use. I mainly switched over to OpenDNS when I learned more about DNS and when it seem more information what posted online about many ISP not fixing there DNS Servers. I have thought about using CAT's DNS but don't know if it makes any difference or if its secure or not. Any ideas

Just curious to those out there, if you notice any difference when giving your computer or router a dns to use. I mainly switched over to OpenDNS when I learned more about DNS and when it seem more information what posted online about many ISP not fixing there DNS Servers. I have thought about using CAT's DNS but don't know if it makes any difference or if its secure or not. Any ideas

my advise - use only open DNS, no matter where you are located

my advise - use only open DNS, no matter where you are located

I have switched over to open DNS after after serious problems on my 12call EDGE connection... now things are alot better.

definitely a convert =)

Why DNS is so uniformly bad in Thailand is one of life's little mysteries. If you can find one that seems to be working well, give it a few weeks and it won't be. The DNS of major ISPs are hopeless too, with constant timeouts, failures and random redirects.

According to a recent Security Now podcast, about 25% of DNS on the internet still haven't been patched. I'd imagine that given the national attitude to computer security and maintenance in general, the percentage in Thailand would be rather higher than that.