Webdesign In Mbk

onoff

Just wondering - why only MBK?

I noticed that there are so may of them at MBK. If you can recommend any other. Let me know.

Sorry, can't recommend any webdesigner anywhere in Bangkok :o

I confirm if you address the bunch of "self-made-thai&foreign-we-can-do-everything-web designers!

There are some companies in Bangkok with a very good reputation and service but be prepared to pay a lot more than to a MBK designer.

If they give you after sales support so they are OK otherwise look for one who give you free support. Because you may face some problem or change in your website design or need to change some minors so if you don't have support from designer then you have to revise your whole project with a new company.

I had my sites built by a company called Sharper Paths and they also provide the hosting. Not inexpensive, but a bang up job and the results have helped me garner business.

The owner is an American, Gary. If you want more details, please feel free to PM me, as I've no hesitation recommending his services.

Soi224

Do not look for any local web designers no matter if Thai or farang...

Check e-lance / get a coder ..... just google for freelance sites and check some of the east European companies.

What a load of bull ..... That means there are no decent web / graphic designers in Thailand? Any idea where these fancy Thai advertising posters and Web sites are done?

Edited by sniffdog

Check e-lance / get a coder ..... just google for freelance sites and check some of the east European companies.

What a load of bull ..... That means there are no decent web / graphic designers in Thailand? Any idea where these fancy Thai advertising posters and Web sites are done?

Between a web designer and a graphic designer is a difference. Like there's is a difference between a dentist and a surgeon. The only thing they have in common - they both should have studied medicine...

The poster asked for an opinion on web designers. I am working some 30++ years in the advertising/print industry. You will find professional web designers/graphic designers in Thailand but you have to look around carefully to find them! BTW most of these fancy ads or posters are crated by advertising agencies.

My neighbor used to work as an office clerk but got unemployed the other day. One day he asked me if I can show him how to do web design (I am not a web designer) - I told him I can't but I was curious and wanted to know why he now want to make a living with web design, something he never did before.

His answers was: It can't be difficult because everybody is doing that! I will never forget his answer....because it reflects exactly the problem.

Edited by webfact

Webfact is right and what you have to understand sniffdog is that webdesign today is not pushing some tables in Dreamweaver from left to right or tweaking some templates.

Even though the Thai understanding of beauty in web design is usually different to western ideas there are several fantastic graphic artists in Thailand. When it comes to coding and developing websites you will run in far, far less people who get the job done in a proper way here.

I and other people here who have experience in this field of work have posted about this several times and it just makes sense to look elsewhere. Feel free to try your luck here in Thailand.

Just ask yourself why should any capable web developer work for less money, for complicated clients, deal with scope creep and more troubles here in Thailand when they can have it so much better working for overseas clients.

It gets even worse with internet marketer or search engine "experts" who offer their services... why would you when you can make thousands of dollars if you just work on your own projects?

Anyway, some people might have pretty low expectations and are happy with whatever they get. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I go for e-lance.

Like any place if you do not do your own research then you get what you pay for and you deserve what you get.

For those who can not recommend a web designer or graphic designer in Bangkok I am sure you are basing this extensive knowledge on the tons of work you have had done.

Or would it be more fair to say you had a single image or single web page done and like most people who use one of the freelancer websites only wanted to pay $5 for it with 20 revisions because you had no idea what it was you wanted created in the first place.

There are many that would say if you are worried about doing work in Bangkok and are going to go for e/lance or another then they would say you are now not only competing with Bangkok designers bad designers from all over the world.

Does this mean you will not get good work from those sites? No, but just like Bangkok you must ask the right questions and screen them just like you would a Bangkok designer the only difference which to me is a big one you can not meet them face to face. And plan on a budget higher than a $1

Good quality work can be had through these companies

Graphic design: www.cmykreative.com owner: Chris

Web design, Web Hosting and custom programming: www.sharperpaths.com owner: Gary

Sharper Paths will use an escrow service for deposits so there is no risk there but both companies have extensive portfolios so that would be the first step amongst others.

And yes I have done extensive work with both and just like a post a few above mine would highly recommend these companies.