Eyelash Extensions-bangkok

kaz49

i got them a few times from angela's (or angie's?) on soi chanasongkram behind the temple across from khao san road. i like them but they only seem to last 3 weeks or so rather than the 2 months they say. it costs 800b and takes at least an hour to get them put on (they glue in individual lashes). i would not go anywhere other than angela's as i got them at other places and i 1) got eye infections from them, and 2) they glued the eyelashes to clumps of my existing lashes so that eventually my lashes all fell out in those glued-together clumps and i had to wait for them to grow back. :o i wear contacts and never had problems with the ones from angela's. just ask for the medium-length ones so they don't look freakishly long. i love them but i just never kept up maintainence and have fallen out of the habit of getting them. i also have gotten my eyelashes dyed a couple of times and that is nice too. a friend of mine goes to she uemuera (sp?) and buys their false lashes kits. expensive but they look natural and she can use them for about 6 months- the trick is just learning to put them on! i think the counter people can help you with that. they have lots of great styles, but i haven't yet tried them....

i got them a few times from angela's (or angie's?) on soi chanasongkram behind the temple across from khao san road. i like them but they only seem to last 3 weeks or so rather than the 2 months they say. it costs 800b and takes at least an hour to get them put on (they glue in individual lashes). i would not go anywhere other than angela's as i got them at other places and i 1) got eye infections from them, and 2) they glued the eyelashes to clumps of my existing lashes so that eventually my lashes all fell out in those glued-together clumps and i had to wait for them to grow back. :D i wear contacts and never had problems with the ones from angela's. just ask for the medium-length ones so they don't look freakishly long. i love them but i just never kept up maintainence and have fallen out of the habit of getting them. i also have gotten my eyelashes dyed a couple of times and that is nice too. a friend of mine goes to she uemuera (sp?) and buys their false lashes kits. expensive but they look natural and she can use them for about 6 months- the trick is just learning to put them on! i think the counter people can help you with that. they have lots of great styles, but i haven't yet tried them....

Thanks girlx, I will make an appt next week and let you know how it goes sbk. :o

she uemeura is in siam discovery and paragon, probably most department stores.

Hi gals, just reporting back as promised. Called into she uemeura as I was passing yesterday and they will do them but they are only (short time) last overnight at both stores. They can last three days but the lady boy I spoke to said best not to let them go longer because they tend to go all "yucky". He said that their shops in America do have the longer lasting ones, but they dont have in Bangkok as yet.

Didnt make it out to Kho San Rd, as am pressed for time cramming appts before the removalists arrive and in any case didnt want to run into our friend Mr Kookoo!

Ended up doing a walk in at MBK today, Rosemain Salon, 4th floor, 026863621. 800 baht. (The ladys name is Ann) I hope this isnt one of the places girlx, you noted above for eye infections, because its too late for me now! They look great, I must say, am really pleased. Took one hour, initially a bit uncomfortable as they put a protective tape that goes just across your lower inner lid and then you close your eyes over this. Not too bad though, because I fell asleep, and when I did open my eyes it was all a bit blurry and stung a little. After a quick wash with water and cotton wool, all was OK. Can last up to about four weeks if you dont go swimming. Will have to see about that, as I am hitting the surf the day I get back to Aus, so the salt water at least should help with any potential infections!

Sbk, she used little tweezer type instruments and her fingers to adjust the lashes, (followed by a hand fan for a minute or two) to get the last bits of wet glue dry, so yes, the hygiene aspect does concern me a little. I have had the blue/black tinting done at Panipa at Satorn many times, and its just the same as using a mascara brush and it doesnt take as long, so this may also be an option for you. If you have the pedicure/manicure, and eyebrows done at the same time, absolute heaven!

I live on Phuket but suspect it's just the same. I had eyelash extensions and loved them at first, BUT.....

When they start coming out it's v obvious! For a while I went back to have them renewed but eventually I got fed up pulling at them when they looked odd, and decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere locally that does eyelash dying.

If you decide to go for it, be aware that once you get fed up having the 'lost' eyelashes renewed (and they DO feel odd, so you can't help pulling at them) you'll wish you hadn't bothered.

Save it for special occasions.

I really want my eyelashes done too, the colouring not the extensions, I have long lashes already but they are so fair as to be near invisible without dark mascara so colouring might be an option.

eyelash tinting is definitely the way to go. in phuket, they do it at Perfection Spa, my one stop shop for my beauty needs when there.

its great because you can swim, cry and laugh til your eyes water and it doesnt budge. great stuff and highly recommended by moi.

The salon for tinting I go to is the Sathorn Thani building, (closed Sundays) 022339255. The only thing I would not recommend their is a hair cut. Have not got a current receipt handy but its five minutes walk from Chong Nonsi BTS (McDonalds side). Check the website www.panipa.com for all their branches with maps. I am sure you can get it done at MBK as well, just check with the girls at information and they will point you in the right direction.

You can also have your eyelashes permed/curled before they tint (adds a small curl). Some salons here do both the perming and the tinting at the same time. IMO I think its better to have the perming first (if you chose to) and then go back a few days later for the tinting. Only going by what is recommended in my home country.

As for the extensions, well yes, some have come out already. I got a moto- taxi yesterday and talk about wind in your hair, its now wind in the eyelashes, I suspect they fell out somwhere on Rama 3. I am contemplating a new book, "Bangkok Beauty Fever"....

cheers

Haha, you remind me of some CSI I saw once where the woman had false mink eyelashes with little diamonds at the roots. She lost one at some restaurant and searched around for it but couldn't find it. I have images of you shouting at the moto-taxi, Stop Stop! I need to find my eyelashes :o

Thanks for the info, I will be sure to check it out. Mascara is such a pain. The stuff that doesn't run is really hard to get off and if its easy to get off, it runs!

• 1 month later...
i got them a few times from angela's (or angie's?) on soi chanasongkram behind the temple across from khao san road. i like them but they only seem to last 3 weeks or so rather than the 2 months they say. it costs 800b and takes at least an hour to get them put on (they glue in individual lashes). i would not go anywhere other than angela's as i got them at other places and i 1) got eye infections from them, and 2) they glued the eyelashes to clumps of my existing lashes so that eventually my lashes all fell out in those glued-together clumps and i had to wait for them to grow back. annoyed.gif i wear contacts and never had problems with the ones from angela's. just ask for the medium-length ones so they don't look freakishly long. i love them but i just never kept up maintainence and have fallen out of the habit of getting them. i also have gotten my eyelashes dyed a couple of times and that is nice too. a friend of mine goes to she uemuera (sp?) and buys their false lashes kits. expensive but they look natural and she can use them for about 6 months- the trick is just learning to put them on! i think the counter people can help you with that. they have lots of great styles, but i haven't yet tried them....

i got the name of this place wrong! it is nancy's (on soi chanasongkram), not angela's! not sure where that came from!