Applying For An Australian Tourist Visa

Hi,

I'm an Australian citizen and have been living and working in Bangkok for the past 3 years. I plan to head back to Melbourne, Australia in April. My girl friend would like to join me so she will need to apply for a tourist visa. This will actually be her first trip to another country. We have been together for about 11 months now. She has a good job which is full-time. We only plan to stay in Aus for 6 days as we both have jobs to get back to here in Bangkok. So are her chances of getting a tourist visa good? We will be staying with my mum and dad. They have all met before on my parents last trip out here. Anyway, if anyone has any advice,suggestions or information about this it would be much appreciated!

Cheer's :o

Mark

Hi,

I'm an Australian citizen and have been living and working in Bangkok for the past 3 years. I plan to head back to Melbourne, Australia in April. My girl friend would like to join me so she will need to apply for a tourist visa. This will actually be her first trip to another country. We have been together for about 11 months now. She has a good job which is full-time. We only plan to stay in Aus for 6 days as we both have jobs to get back to here in Bangkok. So are her chances of getting a tourist visa good? We will be staying with my mum and dad. They have all met before on my parents last trip out here. Anyway, if anyone has any advice,suggestions or information about this it would be much appreciated!

Mark

There should be no major issue, just read the application and the advice on the immigration page on the embassy website.

Hi,

Mark

Hi Mark

From the information you have provided, I cannot envisage your girlfriend having any great difficulty in obtaining a tourist visa. As the previous poster rightly pointed out, just follow the application form closely.

You might also want to have a look at the forum I posted several weeks ago in relation to tourist visa applications:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2425465

The above forum provides a general overview of the considerations that DIAC look at in determining whether an applicant 'intends a genuine visit'.

Whilst it is certainly not a requirement that an applicant for a tourist visa (subclass 676) be sponsored, I highly recommend that you provide an accompanying 'letter of support' to be submitted with your girlfriend's application. Details of what to include in a letter of support are also included in the above forum.

Good Luck

bridge

Australian Registered Migration Agent