Not To Be Picky But.......

cdnvic

Probably means British English / American English.... who knows?  :o

That much I get.

It's the was the way it reads as if British English was some kind of deviation from the true english.

cv

Edited by cdnvic

That much I get.

It's the was the way it reads as if British English was some kind of deviation from the true english.

cv

No, old chap - British English is the true English; everything else is a deviation....... Oh, alright - derivation. :D

That much I get.

cv

Well... if you write "It's the was the way it reads..." I do not think it matters which English :D

Is there a german english version for me :D

So I get the wrong spellings like I spell wrong :D

That much I get.

cv

Yes, sad to say that now "American English" is "real" English, and we true Brits who actually know how to speak it and spell it, are regarded as an anachronism :D

That much I get.

cv

Yes, sad to say that now "American English" is "real" English, and we true Brits who actually know how to speak it and spell it, are regarded as an anachronism :D

Similar thread to this on ESL cafe a few years ago. Some prat claimed that American English was the dominant form in the world.

He was obviously from Butt###### Falls as he had no clue that more people in India speak Brit English than the whole U.S. population.

Not to mention millions more members of the middle classes in Pakistan, Kiwiland, Oz, Nigeria, South Africa, many East African countries, Egypt, West Indies etc etc.

American English is just one more deviation from standard British English which uses subjects, verbs and objects to make sentances.

I was recently introduced to a hotel manager over the phone along with the information that he was from Australia. As I spoke to him on the phone I just couldn't believe it because his English was so lovely.

All was revealed later when I met him in person and realized that he was born and educated in India.

No one speaks the King's English like an educated Indian....

Similar thread to this on ESL cafe a few years ago. Some prat claimed that American English was the dominant form in the world.

He was obviously from Butt###### Falls as he had no clue that more people in India speak Brit English than the whole U.S. population.

Not to mention millions more members of the middle classes in Pakistan, Kiwiland, Oz, Nigeria, South Africa, many East African countries, Egypt, West Indies etc etc.

American English is just one more deviation from standard British English which uses subjects, verbs and objects to make sentances.

Well you sure colonized them in the old days sir :o

...Further, English today is becoming more and more a technical language, and the U.S. rules the world in that respect.

And technical is all that matters.

As long as we can quantify everything we are safe from intrusive thoughts, perceptions, emotions that may discombobulate us. :o

Edited by RDN