Parrot Parade

vickersvc10

I have just come back from shopping in the new Central (very impressive). There I bumped into a farang idiot with a parrot (or is it a cockatoo?) on his shoulder. Surely he should not have been admitted to a food store? Who is this man, and why does he wander the streets with a bird on his shoulder?

I have just come back from shopping in the new Central (very impressive). There I bumped into a farang idiot with a parrot (or is it a cockatoo?) on his shoulder. Surely he should not have been admitted to a food store? Who is this man, and why does he wander the streets with a bird on his shoulder?

Better the parrot than a Chip :o

There's a guy who posts on TV whose pic is a guy with a big parrot on his shoulder who was offering his services to attend a kids party with his parrot on another thread recently. [name deleted]

Yes, I remember that but this guy on Beach Road is a different man. I am surprised the Pattaya Police haven't pulled him on some obscure bylaw and demanded 200-300 baht.

Oh dear, newcomers with an inexplicable fear and intolerance about a man with a parrot, because you don't see it every day in farangland. Just because you don't understand or more importantly appreciate that he does it here because he can, you castigate him needlessly. What harm in what he does? And don't get started on some inane rant about some 'health and safety executive' violation. Look up from your keyboard, look out the window and confirm that you are in Thailand, not farangland.

Oh dear, newcomers with an inexplicable fear and intolerance about a man with a parrot, because you don't see it every day in farangland. Just because you don't understand or more importantly appreciate that he does it here because he can, you castigate him needlessly. What harm in what he does? And don't get started on some inane rant about some 'health and safety executive' violation. Look up from your keyboard, look out the window and confirm that you are in Thailand, not farangland.

Agree completly :o

I know this guy and he does own the bird shop on third road. I can guarantee that the bird will be very well cared for and definately in good condition.

Whilst i currently have a parrot here in Pattaya and used to breed them in the UK i have a soft spot for the feathered creatures similar to peeps who have dogs / cats etc.

On the other hand i agree with what the first posts point too in that i believe the guy is looking for attention or trying to promote his business which is up to him but i agree at the birds expense which i believe is wrong. I saw the guy walking around inside Carrefour (near the poultry dep) and although a parrot owner myself i was utterly shocked at this and just wandered what non bird keepers /lovers would be thinking. I've read lots over the years about birds (feathered) including possible disease's they can carry and catch etc. I know this guy has the best intentions and loves his birds but he has no right to be allowed into any shop or anywhere foodstuff's are available and on display to the public.

One last point ..... his shop is not the cleanest place i have ever visited !!

I've seen a few guys in Pattaya walking around with parrots on their shoulder. Saw one guy in walking street with a parrot, it was quite a big thing a Macau perhaps. Anyway at the time I was thinking the guys a bit of a <deleted> doing it for attention. Maybe half an hour later I'm an a gogo bar and the guy with the parrot walks in and sits down more or less opposite me. I was thinking what's going to happen here the birds going to flip out. It was quite the opposite actually all the girls wanted to play with the bird and it seemed to be quite ok with it and seemed to enjoy the attention. I looked a bit more closely at the pair of them and the parrot was definately the cleaner and better looked after of the two of them. I'm not sure who was drinking the beer and who was eating the peanuts. I got the feeling it might have been the parrots idea to go bar hopping that night.

yeah i think it was a Macaw too, big red one. seen him at central. maybe he's a d*ck for going shopping and to bars with it, but i can say from experience, my friend in Aus had a big blue macaw and it's an awesome bird super smart, think the intelligence of a 12yo, and they live for tens of years. it's a pretty cool pet if you're into pets.

I had a squirrel and if it wasn't so erratic i'd take it out side too, maybe not to malls or bars, but beach and walking around.

We must consider the dangers of inhaling aerosolized parrot feces.

You can consider that if you must. In fact you can probably get all paranoid about it with our syd.

In the meantime, I will watch out for the more obvious dangers like the weaving, speeding motorcycles, the dodgy tailor touts and the katoeys.

Edited by NanLaew

I've seen a few guys in Pattaya walking around with parrots on their shoulder. Saw one guy in walking street with a parrot, it was quite a big thing a Macau perhaps. Anyway at the time I was thinking the guys a bit of a <deleted> doing it for attention. Maybe half an hour later I'm an a gogo bar and the guy with the parrot walks in and sits down more or less opposite me. I was thinking what's going to happen here the birds going to flip out. It was quite the opposite actually all the girls wanted to play with the bird and it seemed to be quite ok with it and seemed to enjoy the attention. I looked a bit more closely at the pair of them and the parrot was definately the cleaner and better looked after of the two of them. I'm not sure who was drinking the beer and who was eating the peanuts. I got the feeling it might have been the parrots idea to go bar hopping that night.

Some of those Walking Street girls have never seen a parrot - but I bet they've seen a cockatoo. :o

Reason for edit - spell check

Edited by chickenslegs

^ In case you hadn't noticed, this is a SERIOUS thread about a potentially major health threat to the farang community in Pattaya. This coupled with the scary possibility that certain farangs may be behaving in public in a manner that they could never possibly do in farangland.

Let's keep it serious folks. There's lives and lifestyles at stake here.

Edited by NanLaew

You can consider that if you must. In fact you can probably get all paranoid about it with our syd.

In the meantime, I will watch out for the more obvious dangers like the weaving, speeding motorcycles, the dodgy tailor touts and the katoeys.

beds! you forgot beds. beds and mattresses are the most dangerous places to be. it is a fact that the majority of people die when in bed respectively lying on a mattress.

beds! you forgot beds. beds and mattresses are the most dangerous places to be. it is a fact that the majority of people die when in bed respectively lying on a mattress.

Water !! Water is even more dangerous than parrot feces ! A few parrots taking a dump here and there is nothing. Think of the BILLIONS of fish that have sex and deposit their crap in the water. BILLIONS !

(Maybe that's why so many people from a certain nation are known as "soap dodgers" ?) :o

That's why I stick to drinking purified Whiskey ! :D