Financial Crisis

So a lot of noise, GS brought to court bla bla bla.

One guy is being sacrificed/charged, that's it. Once these guys like Paulson have to testify they just can say, I do not recall/remember.

Same sh1t, different day....

you were right again Alex and I fell for it hook line and sinker :)

Its a charade nothing less for the benefit of the sheeple

i have been played like a violin again. :D

Its worth GS facing the show on Senate if they can look forward to a piece of TEN TRILLION DOLLARS A YEAR :-

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obam...ge/blog-308435/

these people would sell their mothers if they could :D

Edited by midas

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

next... perhaps your bid of 21.3% for greek treasuries which you posted a week ago? for your information: Greece sold day before yesterday 6 and 12 mth treasury bills

quote: "The 26-week Treasury bills saw a uniform yield set at 4.55%. ...the proportion of bids received to bids accepted -- of 7.67 to 1."

this result sheds some light on the shitty² obscure sources you use for information and post here :)

the same shitty² obscure source today says it is only 7 percent away from that earlier bid :D

Yields on Greek bonds soared close to 14 percent on the benchmark two-year security amid concern bondholders will lose out as the country grapples with the highest debt ratios in the EU.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...eFxm0&pos=5

Saw this on a few sites...... 600% foreclosure rate increase ahead according to BOA

Guess housing prices may have a way to go yet.....down

Inventory will be bursting at the seams.

The west coast manager of real estate owned, Senior Vice President Ken Gaitan, stated that Bank of America, which currently forecloses on 7,500 homes a month nationally, will increase that number to 45,000 homes per month by December of 2010.

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comm...by-600-in-2010/

Perhaps the States could find a way to export these houses to the UK where there is recognised shortage of housing stock.

next... perhaps your bid of 21.3% for greek treasuries which you posted a week ago? for your information: Greece sold day before yesterday 6 and 12 mth treasury bills

quote: "The 26-week Treasury bills saw a uniform yield set at 4.55%. ...the proportion of bids received to bids accepted -- of 7.67 to 1."

this result sheds some light on the shitty² obscure sources you use for information and post here :)

the same shitty² obscure source today says it is only 7 percent away from that earlier bid :D

Yields on Greek bonds soared close to 14 percent on the benchmark two-year security amid concern bondholders will lose out as the country grapples with the highest debt ratios in the EU.

1. beginning of april is not end of april,

2. the difference between 14% and and 21% is 50%.

3. if you consider 50% as "only" so be it.

conclusion: the source was shitty² and your maths is poor. period!

Edited by Naam

Aha but it is considerably closer to 21.3% than 4.55%. :D

Anyway bottom line is I think your Chancellor is right

and i think they should just be allowed to leave the EU because they have no discipline with money.

Perhaps the States could find a way to export these houses to the UK where there is recognized shortage of housing stock.

I'm sure they would like to try :)

But...would it not be the same result? These homes are all holding mortgages well above their worth.

Would the folks in the UK be ok paying such high valuations?

Aha but it is considerably closer to 21.3% than 4.55%. :D

Anyway bottom line is I think your Chancellor is right

and i think they should just be allowed to leave the EU because they have no discipline with money.

my 4.55% were correct when i posted them. when you posted 21.x% it was Bloomberg bullshit.

I found this thread wandering around on page 2.

Just because Europe is crumbling, no need for us to lose our discipline. :D

Regards.

Well ok..... :)

Yesterday was bank failure Friday again here,,,,

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.html

Seven more bit the dust...again

Making it 64 banks already this year.

I glanced at the first one in the list & it had 3.5 Billion.

As of December 31, 2009, Frontier Bank had approximately $3.50 billion in total assets and $3.13 billion in total deposits. Union Bank, N.A. did not pay the FDIC a premium to assume all of the deposits of Frontier Bank. In addition to assuming all of the deposits, Union Bank, N.A. agreed to purchase essentially all of the failed bank's assets.

The FDIC and Union Bank, N.A. entered into a loss-share transaction on $3.04 billion of Frontier Bank's assets. Union Bank, N.A. will share in the losses on the asset pools covered under the loss-share agreement

Full release here

http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2010/pr10101.html

Edited by flying

I found this thread wandering around on page 2. Just because Europe is crumbling, no need for us to lose our discipline. :D

some investors find crumbs quite tasty when they can make 15 and 20% in a couple of hours. others are keeping themselves busy to moan the demise of some surplus shitty banks, exchange rate fluctuations, the behaviour of the politicians in their relevant countries, the price of Chang or Leo, ATM fees or the medical cost to cure the family buffalo.

disclaimer: i did not make 15 or 20% in a couple of hours. being an utmost prudent and cautious investor :) i limited my risk and made some sorry 10.5% overnight :D

Edited by Naam

I found this thread wandering around on page 2. Just because Europe is crumbling, no need for us to lose our discipline. :D

some investors find crumbs quite tasty when they can make 15 and 20% in a couple of hours. others are keeping themselves busy to moan the demise of some surplus shitty banks, exchange rate fluctuations, the behaviour of the politicians in their relevant countries, the price of Chang or Leo, ATM fees or the medical cost to cure the family buffalo.

disclaimer: i did not make 15 or 20% in a couple of hours. being an utmost prudent and cautious investor :) i limited my risk and made some sorry 10.5% overnight :D

how good are your " investments " going to be ( in digitial or paper format ) when anarchy breaks out on a wider scale ?

" when people lose everything and they have nothing else to lose it....they lose it " :D

Edited by midas

Your prediction that both the THB and the Thai real estate market would collapse was spot on. Your prediction that Chinese economy was going to collapse was correct. Your comment that Obama suspended the Bill of Rights was correct. So, I'm sure that your prediction of widespread anarchy will be correct also.

Your prediction that both the THB and the Thai real estate market would collapse was spot on. Your prediction that Chinese economy was going to collapse was correct. Your comment that Obama suspended the Bill of Rights was correct. So, I'm sure that your prediction of widespread anarchy will be correct also.

i never said those things ? I posted something that Jim Chanos predicted not me

and I posted about the H1N1 State of Emergency which hasnt been revoked.............you are incorrect

about everything else :)

how good are your " investments " going to be ( in digitial or paper format ) when anarchy breaks out on a wider scale ?

" when people lose everything and they have nothing else to lose it....they lose it " :D

Midas... yawwwwwnnn... :D this is getting ridiculously boring. should people stop making money, working and earning a living, saving, provide education for their children, feed their pets, etc. because anarchy is looming around the corner? shall i buy a rope and shoot myself to escape anarchy? any youtube clips with good advice? :D

Midas... yawwwwwnnn... :D this is getting ridiculously boring. should people stop making money, working and earning a living, saving, provide education for their children, feed their pets, etc. because anarchy is looming around the corner? shall i buy a rope and shoot myself to escape anarchy? any youtube clips with good advice? :D

no no Sorry.............i get carried away sometimes .

Its just hard to " accept " the way these governments are behaving

shall i buy a rope and shoot myself to escape anarchy? any youtube clips with good advice?

I have never seen this rope that can shoot? How do you know which end is the business end? :D:):D

If you want to shoot yourself with something other than a proper gun perhaps this would be better?

410 ga shotgun shells or 380 available :D

post-51988-1272910806_thumb.jpg

post-51988-1272910820_thumb.jpg

i never said those things ? I posted something that Jim Chanos predicted not me

and I posted about the H1N1 State of Emergency which hasnt been revoked.............you are incorrect

about everything else :)

The Jim Chanos piece asked a lot of interesting questions about China, many of which haven't been answered yet. I don't think that the Chinese economy is going to collapse but there are some major adjustments to be faced which may be of a scale that at least for a while create problems beyond even PRC central givernment's abilities to overcome them by edict requiring 10% GDP growth again this year, next year, the year after. Whether we ever get to find out about it is quite another matter.....

no no Sorry.............i get carried away sometimes .

Its just hard to " accept " the way these governments are behaving

I'd rather we did all get a little carried away sometimes than just keep accepting more and more of these things from our elected leaders....

shall i buy a rope and shoot myself to escape anarchy? any youtube clips with good advice?

I have never seen this rope that can shoot? How do you know which end is the business end? :D:):D

old tchermann joke :D

flying we are relyig on you !! :)

Here's What The Fed Is Doing To Kill The Audit, And Here's How You Can Stand Up To Them

What You Can Do

All you need to know is that if the Fed is for the Dodd bill or the Corker-Merkley provision, then you do not want either.

Please phone and fax your senators and tell them you want the Fed audited fully, and you do NOT want the watered down Dodd bill or the or the Corker-Merkley provision.

Tell them you do support the Grayson/Ron Paul bill exactly as passed by the house.

Here is a directory sorted by state of all the Senators of the 111th Congress.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fed-private...5#ixzz0n4LkRKR9

flying we are relyig on you !! :D

Oh 1 of my Senators knows me quite well.

We first met many years ago & I have recently had long conversations with him about the bail out...Cap & Trade...Etc.

But I am one person. In the end all the sofa Joe's need to get off the couch or not complain later. :)

flying we are relyig on you !! :D

Oh 1 of my Senators knows me quite well.

We first met many years ago & I have recently had long conversations with him about the bail out...Cap & Trade...Etc.

But I am one person. In the end all the sofa Joe's need to get off the couch or not complain later. :)

Yeah I know .

And what did your Senator say about Cap & Trade ?

As an outsider it looks like nothing less than a scheme to make all the Democrats filthy rich ?

No wonder Obama doesnt seem to worry if he doesnt get a 2nd term.i just think he

stood for President to make very big money - a slice of 10 trillion a year ?

Edited by midas

Yeah I know .

And what did your Senator say about Cap & Trade ?

Oh I can tell you exactly as I still have it....... Basically a canned response.....

He said basically he did vote yes for it but would try to fix it after the fact. I pasted the actual response below....XXX was personal info so I cut it

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for contacting me with your views on H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, introduced by Representatives Waxman and Markey. This legislation is the first of its kind, and I appreciate hearing your views.

H.R. 2454 would cap greenhouse gas emissions and create a system of allowances to ensure this cap is being met. Many of these allowances would be distributed to consumers in the program's first decade to ensure that families and businesses are able to adjust. The Congressional Budget Office estimated the net annual economy-wide cost of the program in 2020 would be about $175 per household per year.

Energy independence is life and death for XXXX economic future and for United States national security interests. This measure does help move the country toward a clean, green economy and as a result, I voted for it. The Waxman-Markey bill is not perfect. In fact, I attempted to change the bill to bring it more in line with our state initiatives. As the bill proceeds through the legislative process, you can be assured I will continue to shape this measure into a more workable system.

Again, thank you for taking the time to get in touch. Please contact me at any time.

Sincerely, XXXXX

Edited by flying

Greek bailout or bailout of French and German Banks ?

The only solution greece leaves the Euro /

The French are accusing speculators of attacking the Euro , I smell panic /

Hugh Hendry: The Greek "Bailout" Is Really A Bailout Of French Banks

question for General Midas and Colonel Flying:

i am considering to enlist in the doom&gloom brigade and willing to start my career as a recruit. :D what are the procedures, do i need to submit any credentials, will the fact that we own agricultural land and physical gold count as positive? :D

p.s. is circumcision mandatory? :D

pps. i am not exactly joking. there's something brewing in Europe and sooner or later it will have global effects! :)

Moody’s does eurozone bank contagion

Moody’s has generally lagged behind the rest of the rating agencies when it comes to downgrading the weaker countries of the eurozone. Here, perhaps, is its attempt to catch up.

On Thursday the agency published a note on sovereign contagion and the banking systems of six European countries

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2010/05/06...bank-contagion/