Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naam will understand ....ph34r.png

Why I am leaving the Empire, by Darth Vader

http://www.thedailym...r-201203145007/

Sounds familiar

Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs

http://www.nytimes.c...nted=all?src=tp

" persuading your clients to invest in the stocks or other products that we are trying to get rid of because they are not seen as having a lot of potential profit "bah.gif

made me think about this honourable gentleman

Sounds familiar

Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs

http://www.nytimes.c...nted=all?src=tp

" Over the last 12 months I have seen five different managing directors refer to their own clients as “muppets,” sometimes over internal e-mail. "

with these wa**ers so incestuously in bed with the Obama regime you can't be surprised if there is a similar culture within

government circles and it makes me wonder what derogatory names the people at the White House have for the ordinary electorate

Chinese Economy Already in ‘Hard Landing,’ JPMorgan’s Mowat Says

“If you look at the Chinese data, you should stop debating about a hard landing,” Mowat, who is based in Hong Kong, said at a conference in Singapore yesterday. “China is in a hard landing. Car sales are down, cement production is down, steel production is down, construction stocks are down. It’s not a debate anymore, it’s a fact.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-14/chinese-economy-already-in-hard-landing-jpmorgan-says.html

Japan's shocking situation (on the brink of bankruptcy and default) which is well known since years must be the reason why the Japanese ¥en gained an average of 50% vs. a bunch of major currencies during the last five years.

crazy.gif

Edited by Naam

Japan's shocking situation (on the brink of bankruptcy and default) which is well known since years must be the reason why the Japanese ¥en gained an average of 50% vs. a bunch of major currencies during the last five years.

crazy.gif

That's been a profitable short term trade but risky. Japanese people keep buying up their Government's bonds out of national pride, supporting their currency, but their capacity to do so is dwindling with the average age of their workforce increasing beyond the pivot point. Those buyers will become sellers. On top of their poor financial condition they have that permanent hole in their pockets because of the ever increasing nuclear disaster despite their claims of a cold shutdown (ignoring the melt through).

That's been a profitable short term trade but risky.

i wouldn't call a five year long period "short term".

You are right, I haven't looked at that chart for a while and the Yen has really declined against the dollar since 1 Feb, but the last few years its rallied long term. Maybe the overdue correction in the Yen started 1 Feb and their financial crisis is underway.

You are right, I haven't looked at that chart for a while and the Yen has really declined against the dollar since 1 Feb, but the last few years its rallied long term. Maybe the overdue correction in the Yen started 1 Feb and their financial crisis is underway.

the fact remains that Japan's financial crisis, deflation and (compared to other countries) incredibly high debt/gdp ratio celebrates this year its 20th birthday.

the fact remains that Japan's financial crisis, deflation and (compared to other countries) incredibly high debt/gdp ratio celebrates this year its 20th birthday.

Evaporating Japanese Pension Fund Assets

Japanese pension funds face a tricky situation. On one side is an investment environment of near-zero yields, declining real estate values, and a stock market that is down 75% from its peak in 1989. On the other side is a ballooning retirement-age population who enjoys the longest life expectancy in the world. But these investments have to fulfill the promises made to current and future retirees, however impossible that may be. So the one thing they don’t need is pension fund assets evaporating from an asset management firm.

Given the importance of age in Japan, the Ministry of Health released a slew of statistics just before "Respect for the Aged Day," a national holiday in September—the Japanese might not have a lot of vacation, but they do have a lot of holidays. A record-breaking 30% of the Japanese are 65 or older. A record 47,756 were at least 100 years old, the oldest two being 114. Due to the scandals in 2010 when some of the oldest people turned up as mummified bodies or didn't turn up at all—pension fraud!—the ministry announced that this survey had been conducted more carefully. And despite the March 11 tsunami, whose victims were mostly elderly, the number of centenarians rose by 3,300 over last year.

http://www.testoster...und-assets.html

Edited by midas

Japanese pension funds face a tricky situation. On one side is an investment environment of near-zero yields, declining real estate values, and a stock market that is down 75% from its peak in 1989. On the other side is a ballooning retirement-age population who enjoys the longest life expectancy in the world. But these investments have to fulfill the promises made to current and future retirees, however impossible that may be.

Japan faces the same problem which a bunch of European nations face. no rocket science is required to conclude that the promises to future retiree generations have become... "promises" and there is no way these promises can be fulfilled; and the same applies to medical care.

Japanese pension funds face a tricky situation. On one side is an investment environment of near-zero yields, declining real estate values, and a stock market that is down 75% from its peak in 1989. On the other side is a ballooning retirement-age population who enjoys the longest life expectancy in the world. But these investments have to fulfill the promises made to current and future retirees, however impossible that may be.

Japan faces the same problem which a bunch of European nations face. no rocket science is required to conclude that the promises to future retiree generations have become... "promises" and there is no way these promises can be fulfilled; and the same applies to medical care.

With reductions in state medical care ... the promises to ' future retiree generations ' may be less than anticipated huh.png

Survival of the fittest rolleyes.gif

With reductions in state medical care ... the promises to ' future retiree generations ' may be less than anticipated huh.png

Survival of the fittest rolleyes.gif

YES Prime Minister! although it sounds cruel i fully agree with you.

Fortunately for you Naam Pattaya is not on the list !!

Top 5 Places NOT To Be In A Dollar Collapse

All truth passes through three stages.

First, it is ridiculed............

Second, it is violently opposed. .................

Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Edited by midas

Who's leading and who is being led ..

UK's Cameron meets Goldman Sachs, other CEOs in NY

http://www.reuters.c...E8EF7RQ20120315

George Soros was leading all of them because he has set in numerous interviews

he feels like God.................

" 'It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.'

Lloyd Blankfein just does his work.

Edited by midas

Spain – The Next Domino Is Getting Ready to Tumble

Spanish House Prices Plunge Again

“Spanish house prices tumbled at their fastest pace on record in the fourth quarter, a sign that a long-running property bust will continue to weigh on Spanish households and banks.

House prices fell on average by 11.2% in the fourth quarter from the same period a year earlier, well below the 7.4% decline in the third quarter, while prices of used homes was down 13.7% in the period, the country's statistics agency INE said Thursday.

Both readings are by far the worst since INE started recording countrywide prices in 2007, the peak year for Spain's decade-long property boom. Previously, annual price declines had bottomed out at 7.7% in 2009, and analysts say house prices have only rarely fallen year-to-year since at least the 1970s.

The drop indicates Spanish property prices are now correcting at a similar pace to that seen in the U.S. soon after the 2008 financial crisis, and may fall further at least this year. In previous quarters, price drops were somewhat contained, the result of support efforts by the government and banks, fearful of the effect of a housing collapse.

Spanish banks hold more than €400 billion ($521.32 billion) worth of loans to the construction and real-estate sector, backed by collateral that loses value as property prices slide further. The amount is equivalent to around 40% of Spain's gross domestic product.

http://www.acting-man.com/?p=15578

Edited by midas

Fortunately for you Naam Pattaya is not on the list !!

Top 5 Places NOT To Be In A Dollar Collapse

does that also mean that those of my holdings which are denominated in USD won't collapse because i live in the vicinity of Pattaya?

huh.png

I am just curious........

was this discussed or debated in Congress or Senate?

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources

" The National Defense Resources Preparedness order gives the Executive Branch the power to control and allocate energy, production, transportation, food, and even water resources by decree under the auspices of national defense and national security. The order is not limited to wartime implementation, as one of the order's functions includes the command and control of resources in peacetime determinations."

http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/president-obama-signs-executive-order-allowing-for-control-over-all-us-resources#ixzz1pPinMxfD

I am just curious........

was this discussed or debated in Congress or Senate?

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources

" The National Defense Resources Preparedness order gives the Executive Branch the power to control and allocate energy, production, transportation, food, and even water resources by decree under the auspices of national defense and national security. The order is not limited to wartime implementation, as one of the order's functions includes the command and control of resources in peacetime determinations."

http://www.examiner....s#ixzz1pPinMxfD

The Obama administration appears to be preparing for a long drawn out war in the Middle East, or at the very least, an expected crisis that will require the need to override Constitutional authority and claim dominion over all resources in the United States under the guise of national defense. With the rise in Disaster Preparedness growing for both individuals and states leading up to yesterday's Executive Order, the mood of the nation points strongly towards some event or disaster that will require massive preparations on a national as well as local scale.

Informed sources claim that retired admirals James T. Kirk and Jean-Luc Picard have been called to report to the Pentagon for duty. They will command the starships Enterprise XXXVI and Enterprise XXXVII. Furthermore it is rumoured that Admiral ret. Kathryn Janeway refused the call for duty because her demand that Voyager XXI to be commissioned as flagship cannot be met. Therefore the White House is considering to demote Janeway to Ensign 2nd class and cut her pension accordingly. According to Pentagon officials Voyager XXI will stationary monitor the Straits of Hormuz.

The Obama administration appears to bepreparin g for a long drawn out war in the Middle East, or at the very least, an expected crisis that will require the need to override Constitutional authority and claim dominion over all resources in the United States under the guise of national defense.

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before." Rahm Emanuel former White House Chief

And please let your intergalactic mind consider this one................ Americans are f*kced !!

“We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live September 2013

" NSA has transformed itself into the largest, most covert, and potentially most intrusive intelligence agency ever created."

http://www.wired.com...atacenter/all/1

Edited by midas

Now you know why I am getting the heck out of Dodge?

Actually Obama & GWB before him has had the US in a National State OF Emergency

for well over a decade now....A Decade !

That allows them to side step many Constitutional/ Congressional checks & balances.

The whole thing smacks & if Americans don't get the heck off the couch soon there will be a new

Amerika & yes they will wonder too late what the hell happened....I'm not waiting

Now you know why I am getting the heck out of Dodge?

Actually Obama & GWB before him has had the US in a National State OF Emergency

for well over a decade now....A Decade !

That allows them to side step many Constitutional/ Congressional checks & balances.

The whole thing smacks & if Americans don't get the heck off the couch soon there will be a new

Amerika & yes they will wonder too late what the hell happened....I'm not waiting

It's too sad for words flying

I lived and worked in USA way back in 1980 and it was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my career

and I travelled all over the USA with my work all-expenses-paid. Naturally after that experience it was hard to give

it up but getting a green card seemed to be an insurmountable hurdle in those days! Apart from that, I felt it was my

destiny to keep travelling and I went to Australia where I ended up staying. But to be honest even though I was

very happy in Australia I still thought Americans were so incredibly lucky.

Now when I look back I think about the very profound words of the Dalai Lama

“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.”cool.png

And please let your intergalactic mind consider this one................ Americans are f*kced !!

looks like you are right Midas. however, Mrs Naam is still mourning the fact that after spending 15 good and relaxing years in America we left the Greatest Nation on Earth™. and only a few days ago i shocked Flying (we maintain some private contact) that if we were U.S. citizens we would be still living there without any plans to leave.