• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not only USA -- Germany caused the Euro collapse by being frist to break the euro rules, and now they talk tough to the rest of the eurozone as if they are in charge!

like it or not (i don't like it) but Germany is in charge ermm.gif

p.s. that "breaking one of the rules" caused a collapse of the EURo is of course rubbish... notwithstanding the fact that the EUR has not collapsed tongue.png

Not only USA -- Germany caused the Euro collapse by being frist to break the euro rules, and now they talk tough to the rest of the eurozone as if they are in charge!

like it or not (i don't like it) but Germany is in charge ermm.gif

p.s. that "breaking one of the rules" caused a collapse of the EURo is of course rubbish... notwithstanding the fact that the EUR has not collapsed tongue.png

Agreed - but a bit of melodrama seems the only way to get TV members to pay attention to anything wink.png

Germany were first to break the rules, but they end up in charge because every other country broke the rules more wink.png Talk about the best of a bad lot wink.png

The euro may not have totally collapsed -- yet, but give it time....coffee1.gif

They are in charge because they are a net contributor. The special circumstances caused by the collapse of the GDR are largely resolved and Germany went through a restructuring process.

The PIIGs supporters who do not want to restructure have only one end-game which they try to hide, which is to keep the begging bowl in place. The solution for Greece is simple. Don't like it? Then default and pull out of the Euro. This is not about breaking rules, it is chronic inability to address national insolvency.

They are in charge because they are a net contributor. The special circumstances caused by the collapse of the GDR are largely resolved and Germany went through a restructuring process.

The PIIGs supporters who do not want to restructure have only one end-game which they try to hide, which is to keep the begging bowl in place. The solution for Greece is simple. Don't like it? Then default and pull out of the Euro. This is not about breaking rules, it is chronic inability to address national insolvency.

Britain is a massive contributor but is hardly listened to at all.

We should withdraw from the Union and only operate under trade agreements. Tear up the human rights act for a start, but still allow the movement of people's until the training and repeated kicks up arse of lazy British benefits loafers is ready to me the needs of business

"National insolvency" is endemic worldwide. USA can't make a dent in it's ever increasng national debt.

I just read in the back of Sunday times that Catalonia is calling elections to give a mandate to their premier to secede from Spain. If they really went through with this and declared their independence with Barcelona as their capital it would be incredible. What would happen?

They start as a debt free government independent of Europe? Spain would surely collapse since the Catalan provide most of the tax receipts. Maybe this could be what triggers the falling apart of the euro zone.

Finally some democrats with balls step up.

Shame the south east of England can't come up with something similar

Spain's Catalonia seeks government help to pay debt

May 25 (Reuters) - Spain's wealthiest autonomous region, Catalonia, needs financing help from the central government because it is running out of options for refinancing debt this year, Catalan President Artur Mas said on Friday.

"We don't care how they do it, but we need to make payments at the end of the month. Your economy can't recover if you can't pay your bills," Mas told a group of reporters from foreign media.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/25/spain-catalonia-idUSL5E8GP73Z20120525

Your economy can't recover if you can't pay your bills," Mas told a group of reporters from foreign media.

translation - "Our obscenely greedy bankers cannot recover if you can't pay your bills,"

lukewarm farts left and right and the central bankers are "QE-ing" left and right to procrastinate what is inevitable. they are working hard to push the latter some years into the future and it seems to me that they are successful. perhaps they even make it till my next reincarnation is due? ermm.gif

Instead of meeting its targets, I propose Hollande's policies have made it highly likely France is poised to implode. It should not take more than a few months, if that.

Mish =

coffee1.gif

You give the same reaction to Max Keizer………………

so as a matter of interest who do you believe? and please don't dare mention anyone in the mainstream media

bah.gif

Edited by midas

Instead of meeting its targets, I propose Hollande's policies have made it highly likely France is poised to implode. It should not take more than a few months, if that.

Mish =

coffee1.gif

so as a matter of interest who do you believe? and please don't dare mention anyone in the mainstream media

bah.gif

why should i believe people who forecast since years that Armageddon will happen next week? that applies to Mish, Marc Faber, Jesse le cafétier de la croisée des chemins, Keiser, Null-Hedge and you name them.

all of them talk mostly -if not exclusively gloom&doom- but the markets couldn't care less and some clever investors keep on raking in money. that a big bang will occur sooner or later is highly likely. but highly likely is (given prevailing circumstances and no "Iran war") that the "bang will occur later".

Mish =

coffee1.gif

bah.gif

why should i believe people who forecast since years that Armageddon will happen next week? that applies to Mish, Marc Faber, Jesse le cafétier de la croisée des chemins, Keiser, Null-Hedge and you name them.

all of them talk mostly -if not exclusively gloom&doom- but the markets couldn't care less and some clever investors keep on raking in money. that a big bang will occur sooner or later is highly likely. but highly likely is (given prevailing circumstances and no "Iran war") that the "bang will occur later".

I am fascinated by this kind thinking that it is only correct to consider doom and gloom if a one-off event

occurs such as you describe as ' Armageddon? As if we are waiting for a train to arrive on time at platform six. ?

I don't think there are that many people around other than those who are totally naive that wouldn't admit

their standard of living even in terms of social services and disposable income has been slowly eroding

on a constant downward path since this crisis started in 2008?

Perhaps the famous quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson that “Life is a journey, not a destination.”

should be adapted to suitably describe the ongoing evolution of the global financial crisis which the Max

Keisers and Mish’s of this world I believe do very well on a daily basis .

Max Keiser ‘s daily reminder of the degree to which the ' markets ' ( as you describe them

giggle.gif ) have

become saturated with fraud and criminal activity need to be told by someone because

the mainstream media will obviously not address it because you only have to look at who owns the mainstream media?

rolleyes.gif

But as even you concede, the big bang will occur sooner or later and I would prefer to understand the process

of the ' journey ' than to wait when we reach the ' destination ' -with a bang!

Edited by midas

I am fascinated by this kind thinking that it is only correct to consider doom and gloom if a one-off event

occurs such as you describe as ' Armageddon? As if we are waiting for a train to arrive on time at platform six. ?

I don't think there are that many people around other than those who are totally naive that wouldn't admit

their standard of living even in terms of social services and disposable income has been slowly eroding

So now slow degradation = end of the world, does it?

Maybe you are conflating your own position and those around you with the state of the world.

A typical Daily Mail reader outlook.

Max Keiser ‘s daily reminder of the degree to which the ' markets ' ( as you describe them giggle.gif ) have

become saturated with fraud and criminal activity need to be told by someone because

the mainstream media will obviously not address it because you only have to look at who owns the mainstream media?rolleyes.gif

The usual conspiracy bonkers stuff with about as much credibility as, 'er... a saturated paper bag.

and lets hear your take on 'who owns the mainstream media?rolleyes.gif' . I wonder what nasty little theory underpins that one. All bets are off.

So now slow degradation = end of the world, does it?

Maybe you are conflating your own position and those around you with the state of the world.

A typical Daily Mail reader outlook.

\

oh no not daily mail.Forbes magazine summarises it much better rolleyes.gif

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2012/09/21/double-dip-recession-20-to-25-likely-if-fiscal-cliff-hits-sp-warns/

Max Keiser ‘s daily reminder of the degree to which the ' markets ' ( as you describe them giggle.gif ) have

the mainstream media will obviously not address it because you only have to look at who owns the mainstream media?rolleyes.gif

The usual conspiracy bonkers stuff with about as much credibility as, 'er... a saturated paper bag.

and lets hear your take on 'who owns the mainstream media?rolleyes.gif' . I wonder what nasty little theory underpins that one. All bets are off.

I would love to but I would probably get suspended from the forum for doing soermm.gif

But if it is a choice between your repeated attempts to satirise this serious issue versus what

someone like Neil Barofsky has revealed as a result of his work and investigations into the

financial markets then ……………………………….

coffee1.gif

Edited by midas

1. I am fascinated by this kind thinking that it is only correct to consider doom and gloom if a one-off event occurs such as you describe as ' Armageddon? As if we are waiting for a train to arrive on time at platform six. ?

2. I don't think there are that many people around other than those who are totally naive that wouldn't admit their standard of living even in terms of social services and disposable income has been slowly eroding on a constant downward path since this crisis started in 2008?

3. Perhaps the famous quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson that “Life is a journey, not a destination.”

should be adapted to suitably describe the ongoing evolution of the global financial crisis which the Max Keisers and Mish’s of this world I believe do very well on a daily basis .

4. Max Keiser ‘s daily reminder of the degree to which the ' markets ' ( as you describe them

giggle.gif ) have become saturated with fraud and criminal activity need to be told by someone because

5. the mainstream media will obviously not address it because you only have to look at who owns the mainstream media?

rolleyes.gif

6. But as even you concede, the big bang will occur sooner or later and I would prefer to understand the process of the ' journey ' than to wait when we reach the ' destination ' -with a bang!

1. you have no idea what i am thinking, that's why your assumption is wrong.

2. i don't care who's standard of living has gone down since 2008. my, my wife's, my dogs' and our staff's standard of living has not gone down but up; not only since but also because of 2008.

3. the Keisers, Mishs, Fabers and Dyler Turds are sensationalists and act like el cheapo rainbow press journalists by blowing some (i admit) facts completely out of proportion and then spread their very personal wild assumptions and prophecies. all what i know is that we are sailing are in uncharted waters.

4. i don't need Max Keiser or anybody to remind me about fraud and criminal activities in the markets. this was always the case. perhaps not as bad and especially not as widespread as it happens nowadays.

5. in this respect i fully agree with you!

6. like you i have no idea how and when the "ride to the destination" will occur, respectively end. even the "learned gurus" agree to disagree. but that does not mean that i don't act with all available means to protect my and the standard of living of those for whom i am responsible.

I would love to but I would probably get suspended from the forum for doing soermm.gif

But if it is a choice between your repeated attempts to satirise this serious issue versus what

someone like Neil Barofsky has revealed as a result of his work and investigations into the

financial markets then ……………………………….coffee1.gif

That is not the choice.

Just another attempt from the forum fruitcake wing trying to hitch a ride on someone else's analysis.

And trying to slip in the 'we know who is behind this' insinuation.

No dice.

OK I'm here to directly confront the gloomers.

Actually I'm quite sure some, like Nouriel Roubini, are in some sort of depressive state. He certainly puts me into one, though happily I can mentally mock his poor calls as medication.

But there is a meta-picture.

The meta-picture is that whilst markets are certain to fluctuate to varying degrees there are 6 billion people who all want their lives to improve in an economic sense and are a mighty engine of energy to that end. Always have been.

Another part of the meta-picture is that business and enterprise and economics is not a linear affair. Like many things it has great allowance for multiple feedback mechanisms. In other words, when things, in this case bad things, happen, the components of the system and therefore the system itself, adjusts to new conditions. Te steps forward in I.T. and communications tighten that feedback......and as any student of Information theory knows, the tighter the feedback the more intelligent the system.

If I'm wrong about the economics.....and suuuurely I can't be..... you may all rest happy that your brains themselves will self adjust to any conditions with which they are confronted. We have the ability under most any condition to manufacture happiness. Ask Dan Gilbert http://www.amazon.com/Stumbling-Happiness-Daniel-Gilbert/dp/1400077427

Voila.

Edited by cheeryble

Actually I'm quite sure some, like Nouriel Roubini, are in some sort of depressive state. He certainly puts me into one, though happily I can mentally mock his poor calls as medication.

But there is a meta-picture.

The meta-picture is that whilst markets are certain to fluctuate to varying degrees there are 6 billion people who all want their lives to improve in an economic sense and are a mighty engine of energy to that end. Always have been.

Another part of the meta-picture is that business and enterprise and economics is not a linear affair. Like many things it has great allowance for multiple feedback mechanisms. In other words, when things, in this case bad things, happen, the components of the system and therefore the system itself, adjusts to new conditions. Te steps forward in I.T. and communications tighten that feedback......and as any student of Information theory knows, the tighter the feedback the more intelligent the system.

If I'm wrong about the economics.....and suuuurely I can't be..... you may all rest happy that your brains themselves will self adjust to any conditions with which they are confronted. We have the ability under most any condition to manufacture happiness. Ask Dan Gilbert http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/1400077427

Voila.

I put it to you that this is only ' meta picture ' that has any significance and I note the

total absence of any suggestions of what can be done about it ( and indeed even any willingness

to do anything about it ) ........................ermm.gif

http://macromon.file...-debt_feb14.jpg

Edited by midas

Nouriel is not too gloomy. He recently forked out $5M for a Manhattan apartment. Doom and gloom is now his music hall act unfortunately.

Nouriel is not too gloomy. He recently forked out $5M for a Manhattan apartment. Doom and gloom is now his music hall act unfortunately.

Recently ? That was reported in
December 2010
-not so recent?
ermm.gif

and then he said this

Roubini Already Regrets $5.5 Million Condo Purchasesad.png

NYU Professor Nouriel Roubini, on the other hand, is pretty confident that housing prices have nowhere to go but down.

$5.5 Million Condo Owner Nouriel Roubini is also in negative equity but isn’t considering walking away from his home

tongue.png

http://www.insidermo...-purchase-1649/

Edited by midas

As usual Roubini is full of crxp.

Ordinary New York prices have been doing well for a year now, but multimillion $ flats have been very strong from what I can see.

Ever seen Nadeem Walayat's chart of the S and P with all Roubini's bear calls marked on it? They without exception mark upward movement in the chart.

The guy's a menace. Sadly it seems that a proportion of humankind will respond to that sort of negativity, and it's obviously worked for Roubini if he has a few mill saved up.

Edited by cheeryble