Financial Crisis

The could cap population through stetilising large numbers of existing people; no need to go on a killing spree. Maybe a genericaly modified virus or something. Naturally the elites would be immunised.

Nuclear war against the Islamic world could cut the numbers down, after the missile defence shield is in place. Don't expect china or rudsia would risk thier own destruction by getting involved. Maybe even cut a back room deal to share the rescourses. Easy enough to trigger- Pakistan or Iran ready to role. State sponsored nuclear terrorist attack in some unlucky EU city.

unlucky EU city like London or Manchester?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And this is the part I don't understand? How can it be mathematically possible that 1% can end up doing anything they want, with 99%. And the 1% knew that this was going to happen.

Mathematically I can help you with this one, look at it as 1 billion people who are the 1% making plans for 99 billion most of which are not very bright, for want of better words.

biggrin.png

Factually I can help you with this one - look at it as 70 million people who are the 1%.

And this is the part I don't understand? How can it be mathematically possible that 1% can end up doing anything they want, with 99%. And the 1% knew that this was going to happen.

Mathematically I can help you with this one, look at it as 1 billion people who are the 1% making plans for 99 billion most of which are not very bright, for want of better words.biggrin.png

yes which comes back to my point that society now urgently needs stringent control on breeding? Forget about the emotional side which all the do-gooders jump up and start shouting about. Of course the 1% worked this out long ago at " those meetings " that Naam strenuously denies the existence ofph34r.png

stop your stupid lies you sorry clown!

Yes a lying clown and these ridiculous stories/theories pop up like whack-a-moles. But why at this particular moment in this thread? For those dining at the trough of end of the world and gold bug websites there is a predictable script which events are supposed to follow. It is a straight line down and the promise that those who hold gold will be sitting pretty at the end of the apocalypse. It is the last refuge of those previously spooked by the markets and desperate to find a narrative to guide them through a world that they don't understand and feel alienated from. So they spout half-digested economics and certainty for a time. And then there is the awful reality that the world hasn't ended quite yet and in fact markets have been doing swimmingly well the last three months. Now the loony-tune websites have to feed their rage and the final fall-back is to murmur conspiracy theories and evil cabals. Did I say final fall-back? Well not quite. There is one more slide and that is the slide into dabbling with neo-nazi genetics and reorganisation of society in order to cleanse it. And then the clown looks like something else.

The President of Iceland has launched an extraordinary verbal attack on Gordon Brown on the fringes of the World Economic Forum in Davos.

Olafur Ragnar Grimsson, the country's longest-serving president, told Sky News that his country would "never forget" its treatment during the financial crisis at the hands of the former British prime minister.

During the financial crisis, following the collapse of Icelandic bank Icesave and Iceland's refusal to refund UK deposits, Britain took the rare step of imposing financial sanctions on the country.

Mr Grimsson told Sky News: "The Gordon Brown government decided, to its eternal shame, to put the Icelandic government on a list of terrorist states and terrorist phenomena. We were there together with al Qaeda and the Taliban on that list.

"We have not forgotten that in Iceland.

-sky news

the government and the citizens of the United Kingdom should be worried. treating a powerful nation like Iceland without respect is asking for trouble and repercussions.

what if Iceland applies its harshest available sanction and stops exporting whale oil to UK thus paralysing the British economy?

w00t.gif

Regards the VIP event.

For sure it's a wild card but life must go on and my plans are the same and ready for almost all eventuality.

I thought even about the civil war prospect and have emergency plans in place. Plans cover natural, economic and societal disasters; aswell as the more positive possibilities. Good to think everything through and be prepared more than head in the sand hope for the best with Out planning for the worst.

and the winner, beating the financial crisis, is... thumbsup.gif

post-17813-0-68963800-1358579339_thumb.j

He may take Italy down with him, but what a way to go.

it is no wonder back on Nov 16, 2011 they wanted to keep a lid on things

JPMorgan Joins Goldman Keeping Italy Derivatives Risk in Dark

JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS), among the world’s biggest traders of credit derivatives, disclosed to shareholders that they have sold protection on more than $5 trillion of debt globally.

Just don’t ask them how much of that was issued by Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal and Spain, known as the GIIPS.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-16/jpmorgan-joins-goldman-keeping-investors-in-dark-on-italy-derivatives-risk.html

but now we know

Italy's Banks Lobby Head Resigns on Derivatives Scandal

MILAN--Giuseppe Mussari, head of Italy's banks lobby ABI, resigned late Tuesday following a media report that under his helm back in 2009 Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) carried out a derivative transaction likely to cost the bank 220 million euros ($293 million) in losses, to be posted in 2012 accounts.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20130122-712133.html

there must be more of these...... ?

post-17813-0-68963800-1358579339_thumb.j

He may take Italy down with him, but what a way to go.

JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS), among the world’s biggest traders of credit derivatives, disclosed to shareholders that they have sold protection on more than $5 trillion of debt globally.

Just don’t ask them how much of that was issued by Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal and Spain, known as the GIIPS.

http://www.bloomberg...tives-risk.html

but now we know

MILAN--Giuseppe Mussari, head of Italy's banks lobby ABI, resigned late Tuesday following a media report that under his helm back in 2009 Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) carried out a derivative transaction likely to cost the bank 220 million euros ($293 million) in losses, to be posted in 2012 accounts.

http://online.wsj.co...122-712133.html

That one hits a little close to home midas. My third cousin was on the BOD of that bank in the 1990's.

http://www.bloomberg...tives-risk.html

but now we know

http://online.wsj.co...122-712133.html

That one hits a little close to home midas. My third cousin was on the BOD of that bank in the 1990's.

Talking about things Italian, can you answer this quiz?

Out of all the places in the world can you guess in which city the head office of Lamborghini complained to their salespeople, there were not enough of their cars being sold on credit or terms? In other words there is one city where Lamborghini said there are too many cash buyers.

blink.png I think the answer will shock you as it did me.

Edited by midas

Out of all the places in the world can you guess in which city the head office of Lamborghini complained to their salespeople, there were not enough of their cars being sold on credit or terms? In other words there is one city where Lamborghini said there are too many cash buyers.

Nakhon Nowhere?

what Professor Noam Chomsky says is completely irrelevant because it does not put food on my table, does not pay my utility bills and i can't peddle his words for portwine and habanas.

Precisely! Thank you very much.

clap2.gif

So please don't preach to about me needing to take a course regarding basic logic and rational thinking because you have no concern whatsoever as to the welfare of society ? Once again you openly show it is only about your self centred needs.

This is even more reason we are all f*kced

Be fair midas. I think Herr Naam, not unlike myself does have a concern for the welfare of society. The problem is society just won't listen to the likes of us, even though we know exactly what they ought to be doing. So instead we, (me at least) seek to insulate ourselves from the fallout this illogical and irrational society has wrought. We take care of those we care about, try not to add to anyone else's woes and help others where we can, when we can. What more can you ask of someone? Just think how unfair it is that I only get one vote!

The problem is society just won't listen to the likes of us, even though we know exactly what they ought to be doing.

will they listen to MEP Daniel Hannan ?

Nakhon Nowhere?

eerm .....nounsure.png

As the quiz is posted here to make it Thailand related :- I guess Bangkok.rolleyes.gif

No !! His a politician and someone once said similar to this :-

How can you know a politician is speaking the truth when you know yourself if you was in his place you would lie. rolleyes.gif

How can you know a politician is speaking the truth when you know yourself if you was in his place you would lie. rolleyes.gif

You may think you would lie ...why ?He seems to be talking sense to me ...

good debate ..

another one ..

The economic malaise and its perils

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/countingthecost/2013/01/2013125135725869601.html?utm_content=automate&utm_campaign=Trial6&utm_source=NewSocialFlow&utm_term=plustweets&utm_medium=MasterAccount

As the quiz is posted here to make it Thailand related :- I guess Bangkok.rolleyes.gif

and that is shocking? saai.gif

Since its inception this thread has never been purely Thailand related because the financial crisis is global. clue -You are on the wrong continent entirely.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by midas

Well that is a pretty bleak picture of humanity. But then again, we can't even rely on sports stars to tell us the truth anymore

sad.png

Since its inception this thread has never been purely Thailand related because the financial crisis is global. clue -You are on the wrong continent entirely.rolleyes.gif

Duluth, Minnesota?

http://www.israelhay...cle.php?id=6580

Once the missile defence shields are fully operational .......,

It's just corporate welfare for the military industrial complex, nothing more. Those nations and corporations that lobby congress in return for campaign contributions get a dam_n fine return ot their investment.

Edited by lannarebirth

Miami?

LA?

Miami?

No but at least you are in the right country .........and even on the right coast thumbsup.gif

OK I'm giving it to you on a plate now.rolleyes.gif

think about which city you would least expect should be flaunting this kind of wealth, particularly right now

( a Lamborghini in USA costs $325,000 and too many people are paying CASH !!)

Edited by midas

You may think you would lie ...why ?He seems to be talking sense to me ...

good debate ..

another one ..

The economic malaise and its perils

http://www.aljazeera...m=MasterAccount

Agree he made good points but will they ever be taken up, and I watch the Aljazeera too but prefer RT, there seems to be too much talking and not enough doing IMO.

I wouldn't want to be a politician I lean more to Dictatorship.rolleyes.gif

I like the sort of comments from guys like this and a true story:-

Indian Chief ‘ Two Eagles ‘ was asked by a

white US government official a series of questions :-

“ You have observed the white man for 90 years.

You’ve seen his wars and his technological advances ”.

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued :-

“ Considering all these events !!! in your opinion,

where did the white-man go wrong ?? “

The Chief stared at the government official for a long

moment !!! and then replied :-

“ When white-man find this land, the Indians running it, paid no taxes, there was no debt, plenty of Buffalo,

plenty Beaver, clean water, Women did all the work, Medicine man was free, Indian man spend all day

hunting and fishing; all night having sex ” .

The Chief then leaned back with a squinted smile saying “ Only white-man dumb enough to think he could

improve system like that ”. biggrin.png

Edited by Kwasaki

Miami?

LA?

Miami?

No but at least you are in the right country .........and even on the right coast thumbsup.gif

OK I'm giving it to you on a plate now.rolleyes.gif

think about which city you would least expect should be flaunting this kind of wealth, particularly right now

( a Lamborghini in USA costs $325,000 and too many people are paying CASH !!)

Atlanta