Processed Italian Meats

bonobo

I just returned from the Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, and among other things, I was given a number of Italian meats to bring back with me. I have a Genoa Salami, two Dry Salamis, a Pancetta, and a Bresaola.

How long will these last? And how should I store them?

These are pretty big, and it will take me awhile to get through them all, and I don't want to have them go bad on me.

If you have a fresh, dry place, like a cellar, several months; but you can keep for a good time also in a fridge. A vacuum container should help too. I keep mine in a fridge, with a plastic film on them. Get away the first slice if you already cut the salami, usually not so good taste. You can wash also the external skin (budello) with clean water when start to be wet or smelly.

I just returned from the Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, and among other things, I was given a number of Italian meats to bring back with me. I have a Genoa Salami, two Dry Salamis, a Pancetta, and a Bresaola.

How long will these last? And how should I store them?

These are pretty big, and it will take me awhile to get through them all, and I don't want to have them go bad on me.

well, if you feel like you have too much, i will take some off your hands, wouldn't want them to go to waste!

Vacuum seal them if you can and store in the fridge. If you keep them out in the Thailand heat and humidity, you'll soon have an unrecognizable goey mess. That's the voice of experience. I buy once a year (love you Molinari salami), and while quality deteriorates a bit, it keeps ok.