Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

If its an every night affair, which its not. If you cant beat them, join them. Get in there and shake what your mama gave you. Pull out all the stops with travoltaesque moves , then you will fall into a coma like sleep after that. Simples

Good Heavens! What makes you think we can't beat them! Ha ha! They will beat themselves eventually!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If its an every night affair, which its not. If you cant beat them, join them. Get in there and shake what your mama gave you. Pull out all the stops with travoltaesque moves , then you will fall into a coma like sleep after that. Simples

Maybe that's not to everyone's taste or ability or desire or view of things...because there are also elderlies, handicapped, nature lovers, sick people, uninterested, parents with babies...and most of all people, who just want to live in peace and quietness here.

Boss: Why did you miss work on Monday?

Joiner: Well, there was this all night party that didn't end until 04:00 and I couldn't sleep. But, hey, can't beat 'em, join 'em is what I always say so I joined in the fun!

Boss: Miss work again because you're out all night shaking what your momma gave you and you're fired is what I always say.

Joiner: Well, there was this all night party that didn't end until 04:00 and I couldn't sleep. But, hey, can't beat 'em, join 'em is what I always say so I joined in the fun!

Boss: Miss work again because you're out all night shaking what your momma gave you and you're fired is what I always say.

Joiner: Why are you so grumpy, i dropped your wife off at 1am so you could have a good nights sleep, all heart i am.

Joiner: Why are you so grumpy, i dropped your wife off at 1am so you could have a good nights sleep, all heart i am.

Boss: So that was YOU who brought that old battle-axe home early enough to catch me with her twin 19-yr old sisters? NOW you ARE fired.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a night club? Why are they still playing music till now?Oh I forgot they have to raise part of the millions they need to build the multi million homes they were supposed to start last June.

God it's great to have honesty & transparency.

Get much sleep last night Roo?
Get much sleep last night Roo?

No :D had Monks blessings yesterday , so now all business. Another one on the 29th, all nighter again.

Another one on the 29th? They had 2 already this month.Not a nightclub lmao :) a bunch of......................

Edited by Oak

This is a magnificent thread it has taken me an hour to read it. First it was a nightclub then it wasn't then it was. Veiled threats, the Mafia " they're friends of ours" . A man from Dubai. One bedroomed Villas. A desperate NYE party on youtube. The good lady asking why can't everybody be reasonable savagely put down by Uber Expats and it still goes on.

Although my sympathies are with those who are losing sleep I can't believe they haven't been up there to have a chat ( I mean just a chat) instead of getting more and more wound up.

This is a magnificent thread it has taken me an hour to read it. First it was a nightclub then it wasn't then it was. Veiled threats, the Mafia " they're friends of ours" . A man from Dubai. One bedroomed Villas. A desperate NYE party on youtube. The good lady asking why can't everybody be reasonable savagely put down by Uber Expats and it still goes on.

Although my sympathies are with those who are losing sleep I can't believe they haven't been up there to have a chat ( I mean just a chat) instead of getting more and more wound up.

Oh dam_n! You've brought me out of the woodwork and got me going again!

Glad you enjoyed the thread dextrose. Thanks also for having sympathy for those losing sleep.

Normally I would agree with you that in most cases, "having a chat" would be a sensible thing to do. However "having a chat" to resolve a situation is only ever any good, if the people you are going to have a chat with "give a siht" about anybody else. Setting up a noisy all night venue in the middle of a quiet residential area is not the action of someone who gives a dam_n about anybody else!

They are quite well aware of the views of all those they are surrounded by yet continue to blast us out on a regular basis. Often this starts with some totally talentless moron blasting out across the valley into a karaoke machine till about midnight or on other occasions "all nighters" when those of us who have to work the next day, or our children go to school have to have a "sleepless night". I am not a violent man but there are times when, I wish nothing but the worst for them.

I cannot imagine what it must be like to know that you are surrounded by hatred bordering on violence on all sides. How thick skinned would you have to be? I comfort myself with the thought that what "goes round, comes round" and I know this Island well. It is only a matter of time before they find out how upset people are by their actions. I don't envy them at all.

This thread has been quiet for some time, so I think they imagine everyone is fine with them now. They are of course quite wrong.

I hope this explains why people don't feel moved to "go and have a chat"

It's not even that loud, was up there the other night, and the system is small considering what it could be. I'm sure they are aware they have neighbours which is why they havn't bought a large system. So when people such as concerned say they don't care about anyone around them, I think that it very wrong, if they wanted too they could have a much louder system, but for some reason choose not to.

I can think of no other reason other than they don't want to piss off those that are in close proximity to them.

It's not even that loud, was up there the other night, and the system is small considering what it could be. I'm sure they are aware they have neighbours which is why they havn't bought a large system. So when people such as concerned say they don't care about anyone around them, I think that it very wrong, if they wanted too they could have a much louder system, but for some reason choose not to.

I can think of no other reason other than they don't want to piss off those that are in close proximity to them.

Womble,

You are invited to my area next time the party in on, which I think is on the 29th.Let you be the judge.

my landlord tells me they have been told they can have one loud party per month. last one i could hear but not a problem i am lucky i guess. give it a year before it all goes belly up. recession will take its toll on all tourist areas just go and look how many closed bars in soi reggae. samui pacha just had to hand back the keys after trying to sell for 20 million then 4million then he just had to give it back to the land lord. i will be amazed if gecko bar is still there in 12 months

• 2 weeks later...

We all feel so sorry that you millionaires have to put up with similar noise like everybody else on the island. Every few weeks we have a fair in our area, with extremely loud music until 2 AM, for ten days in a row. You should know by now that you can't buy silence on Samui.

We all feel so sorry that you millionaires have to put up with similar noise like everybody else on the island. Every few weeks we have a fair in our area, with extremely loud music until 2 AM, for ten days in a row. You should know by now that you can't buy silence on Samui.

What gives you the right to assume who may or may not have money? Guess what, we hear the temple fairs loud and clear too! At least they go away after some time. The place we are talking about is a permanent structure. If you had taken the trouble to read the whole thread you would have realised that it troubles the workers and their kids in their corrugated sheds as much as anyone else. However unlike you they cannot afford a computer on which to express their views!

While you're at it, it is just quite possible that at the moment you have more money than me, so could you possibly lend me a few quid? Please take your inferiority complex somewhere else. It does not lend anything to the rights and wrongs of this issue.

Thanks and kind regards.

We all feel so sorry that ...[you]... have to put up with similar noise like everybody else on the island. Every few weeks we have a fair in our area, with extremely loud music until 2 AM, for ten days in a row. You should know by now that you can't buy silence on Samui.

Agreed, apart from the millionaire comment, in the last 3 months and within 100m of my residence I've had 3 late night karaoke sessions, 2 big Song Taew driver depot parties, and 2 new restaurants opening parties. Most of these have been up until 1am, a couple have gone on till 4. It's part and parcel of living here. Sorry you still feel outraged by it, but most people on the island have to deal with unwanted noise on occasion - you may have to get used to it too.

Edited by danw

We all feel so sorry that ...[you]... have to put up with similar noise like everybody else on the island. Every few weeks we have a fair in our area, with extremely loud music until 2 AM, for ten days in a row. You should know by now that you can't buy silence on Samui.

Agreed, apart from the millionaire comment, in the last 3 months and within 100m of my residence I've had 3 late night karaoke sessions, 2 big Song Taew driver depot parties, and 2 new restaurants opening parties. Most of these have been up until 1am, a couple have gone on till 4. It's part and parcel of living here. Sorry you still feel outraged by it, but most people on the island have to deal with unwanted noise on occasion - you may have to get used to it too.

You know, if you can tolerate thumping music 12-18 + hours on occasions from an illegally built place, without having a moan good on you my friend.We are not talking small parties here, we are talking bass echoing through a valley in midst of a residential area & noise from whatever number of people they have there. Party starts at 7pm don't finish sometimes till after

8am. Sure we don't mind the temple fairs ot the markets or the occasional karaoke, but get real here, I'm sure if it was on your door step, you would be singing a different tune.

You know, if you can tolerate thumping music 12-18 + hours on occasions from an illegally built place, without having a moan good on you my friend.We are not talking small parties here, we are talking bass echoing through a valley in midst of a residential area & noise from whatever number of people they have there. Party starts at 7pm don't finish sometimes till after

8am. Sure we don't mind the temple fairs ot the markets or the occasional karaoke, but get real here, I'm sure if it was on your door step, you would be singing a different tune.

Nope, I wouldn't, I would move to another place. The main reason why I would never buy a house on Samui is that one never knows who will build what right in front/beside one's house (and of course because I can never legally own it). TiT, people with connections can do what they want here, only thing that can help you is to have better connections :) .