Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

today i noticed a lot of Gecko orange flags on the old monkey theatre road, i followed the signs dreading another late night party like dreamfeilds last year. when i got there it was worse, its a purpose built out door nightclub and its a big one. the owner came over talking to us about how proud he was of his new venture. i asked how many times per week, reply every night, i asked what time he going to close, when last farang go was the reply. last straw for me i cannot tolerate that noise every night. he reckons fully open in 3 months, worth a look if you are out that way. i would have thought sound bar, solo, bamboo, monkey bar, ark bar, lake party etc were enough without sticking one on the side of a mountain in the jungle thats going to keep hundreds awake every night and morning.

Hua Hin here i come finally...

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one good reason to be careful where you by your property,at least renting you can move away..........this is thailand!

No safeguards,no where to complain too,its the price of living here.I live quite near and some nights can here the all nighter on the lake,so can imagine what it will be like at the monkey park.

today i noticed a lot of Gecko orange flags on the old monkey theatre road, i followed the signs dreading another late night party like dreamfeilds last year. when i got there it was worse, its a purpose built out door nightclub and its a big one. the owner came over talking to us about how proud he was of his new venture. i asked how many times per week, reply every night, i asked what time he going to close, when last farang go was the reply. last straw for me i cannot tolerate that noise every night. he reckons fully open in 3 months, worth a look if you are out that way. i would have thought sound bar, solo, bamboo, monkey bar, ark bar, lake party etc were enough without sticking one on the side of a mountain in the jungle thats going to keep hundreds awake every night and morning.

I can dig it, it's like Disneyland after dark now. Not for ppl who need sleep!! :o

they won't be in business long...disco on soi monkey?? no way...not even Q Bar could make it and it was 5 minutes from the action...and now, this year is not the right time to open a disco...anywhere...let alone soi monkey

they won't be in business long...disco on soi monkey?? no way...not even Q Bar could make it and it was 5 minutes from the action...and now, this year is not the right time to open a disco...anywhere...let alone soi monkey

Hope you're right!

Where abouts exactly is it please?

Where abouts exactly is it please?

It's past the 9 hole golf course,heading up the mountain.

the number of nights you actually lose sleep to this will be significantly fewer than the number of nights you laugh yourself to sleep knowing that a fool and his money are soon parted. will be out of business before it gets started.

they should rename that road soi mockery.

Edited by sayitaintso

Hope you're right!

Me too..

Chinese New Year.... TIME FOR CHINESE WHISPERS IS IT??

Well Well Well..

It doesn't take long for people who know absolutely nothing about this project

to start Knocking it !!!

You must have very boring lives to be waiting to laugh yourselves to sleep at someones demise!!

Who was told that this place is a new night club?????

Have they given you sleepless nights already???

It is in fact a sold Villa project with three 5 bedroom villas, Two 2 bed Villas and Four 1 bed Villas..

The restaurant, club house and bar will be the centre piece of this new Hillside Village which will not be finished

for at least another 2-3 years. The bar is open now while buiding continues to keep in touch with their customers

They are not promoting this place.. It is privately owned and built strictly for the owners, people renting the villas, friends

and regular customers of the old beach resort and nobody else.

They are not trying to pull people up the hill, the flags are there merely to show the people the way to get there!

Dreamfields was a one off party.. and just that!!!

YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU START SPREADING RUMOURS

If you have any quieres about this why not go and speak to the owners themselves??

maybe the guy the poster spoke to should have explained all that,would have saved the thread being posted and your reply.

Why don't you REALLY go speak to the owner.. instead of making things up!

Nobody would have told you that it's a purpose built nightclub open every night..Because it's Not!!!

Well Well Well..

to start Knocking it !!!

You must have very boring lives to be waiting to laugh yourselves to sleep at someones demise!!

It is in fact a sold Villa project with three 5 bedroom villas, Two 2 bed Villas and Four 1 bed Villas..

The restaurant, club house and bar will be the centre piece of this new Hillside Village which will not be finished

for at least another 2-3 years. The bar is open now while buiding continues to keep in touch with their customers

They are not promoting this place.. It is privately owned and built strictly for the owners, people renting the villas, friends

They are not trying to pull people up the hill, the flags are there merely to show the people the way to get there!

If you have any quieres about this why not go and speak to the owners themselves??

PHEW! What a relief! Thanks for clarifying this issue. You will have made a lot of people a lot happier thanks. Don't get too excited, you know what Samui is like for rumours. The issue of noise disturbance is huge in Samui and people do value their ability to sleep massively. However if you are anything to do with the previous project, you clearly would not understand that. The best thing about your post is that it will have done much to guarantee the safety of the individuals involved which is a good thing.

maybe the guy the poster spoke to should have explained all that,would have saved the thread being posted and your reply.

apologies attached this to wrong post,should have att. to villasamui..............alls well that ends well though.

Hope you're right!

Not necessarily right, but close!

The problem is that there is STILL no zoning and obviously nobody really feels responsible ...

I figure the best antidote would be to attend the party instead!

Well Well Well..

to start Knocking it !!!

The website on facebook...............................

The Infamous club/bar/restaurant from Bophut beach Now on Bophut Hills Koh Samui...

Famous for pioneering the now thriving international dance scene on the island.. Gecko has put on some of the worlds most amazing events, bringing scores of the biggest names in the dance world to Samui to rock it under the stars... Gecko Style!!!!

Pull the other leg :o

Nobody would have told you that it's a purpose built nightclub open every night..Because it's Not!!!

from Geckos face book below.

So after 10 years of magical memories on the beach, Gecko has Moved..

'Onwards & Upwards' to a magical new venue built from scratch..

Samui now has an absolutely stunning new Gecko with one of the most

amazing views you'll ever see!

2009 is Gary's 20th year as DJ and will bring the opening of the NEW Gecko Samui,

suggest you follow Geckos flags up the mountain and go and talk with the thai owners as my post states i have done, i have seen with my own eys the dance floors, dj booth, bars speakers etc. you know and i know i am not making it up. it will as the title says it will be sleepless nights for us who live around this club, the more opposition the better

Am I dreaming or has this topic been //closed// once and mysteriously re-opened again? :o

What's going on??

It will be interesting to see who is right.

It is the bass noise from the speakers from the moon parties that seem to carry the furthest and annoy the most people.

(edit..can't spell)

Edited by yorkie100

Am I dreaming or has this topic been //closed// once and mysteriously re-opened again? :o

What's going on??

It will be interesting to see who is right.

It is the bass noise from the speakers from the moon parties that seem to carry the furthest and annoy the most people.

(edit..can't spell)

thankfully SBK reopened it, trust me its there for all to see i cannot undersatnd why lie about it, the route is well sign posted with Gecko flags, the place is there for all to see. i have nothing against people having fun all night but i think the location is wrong and as you say the bass will be nightmare all night and morning. me and the neighbours made it clear to the landlord we all go if it opens so hopefully they can stop it, the same family have closed down every girly bar in Bohpud so maybe they can stop this. i hear there is a meeting with some local residents cheif of police and Gecko soon.

if you really are building villas their maybe should be aware about the venue below from geckos web page

GECKO HAS MOVED... ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

TO A BEAUTIFUL NEW VENUE AT A BRAND NEW LOCATION!

WE NOW HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING NEW GECKO ON SAMUI...

YOU REALLY MUST SEE THIS PLACE TO BELIEVE IT!!!

HOW TO GET THERE:

FROM BOPHUT, MAENAM, BANG RAK:

TAKE THE FIRST RIGHT AT FAMILY MART STORE AFTER BOPHUT TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND FOLLOW THE

ORANGE FLAGS.. WE ARE OVER LOOKING BOPHUT HILLS GOLF COURSE.

FROM CHAWENG, LAMAI

TAKE THE LAST LEFT TURN AT FAMILY MART STORE BEFORE BOPHUT TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND FOLLOW THE

ORANGE FLAGS...

IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFO CALL GECKO ON:

the 5 star hotels of bophut havent been able to stop their parties for years, so it will be interesting to see how this story develops. good luck!

The Gecko has been going since 1999 ish , before the new high end resorts were built.

Moving into a residential area could be a different thing, but then again it didn't stop the lake view party :o

Who actually owns Gecko?

Why don't you all go up there and have a drink... Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!

(though if you keep promoting it like one on here you may actually be attracting the wrong crowd!)

This is one of the most beautiful bar/restaurants on the island and will be surrounded by million dollar + villas (already sold)

Who would build a villa next to a nightclub..?????.

And this is to the poster that's got nothing better to do with his life than bore the pants off people with

this complete cock and bull story..

"Why don't you chill out dude.. because nobody has had or will have sleepless nights!!!"

Who actually owns Gecko?

Why don't you all go up there and have a drink... Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!

(though if you keep promoting it like one on here you may actually be attracting the wrong crowd!)

This is one of the most beautiful bar/restaurants on the island and will be surrounded by million dollar + villas (already sold)

And this is to the poster that's got nothing better to do with his life than bore the pants off people with

"Why don't you chill out dude.. because nobody has had or will have sleepless nights!!!"

1/ Why don't we all go up there & have a drink ?

As you stated in an earlier post, it is only for the use of villa owners & existing Gecko customers & NO one else.

2/ Poster's cock & bull story?

From all indications, he has every right to voice his concern.

3/ Nobody has had sleepless nights?

Now that's what I call cock & bull :o .Over the last few weeks, played music all day,one night till 7 am,on the 28 th music got loud at 3 am.

Maybe I should just go & take a chill out tablet & work on my hallucinations.

Who actually owns Gecko?

your attitude certainly isn't helping your million dollar + villa image.

Who actually owns Gecko?

so why does Gecko keep promting it on the web as his latest purpose built venue, suggest you google gary gecko and read all about it on his facebook page. as a matter of interest do you own the so called villa project.