Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

Sorry to shatter your illusion Jens, but the secret beach parties in Bang Rak (rather Choengmon, ok) were hel_l for people that live on that road and even as far as up to Wat Plai Laem the bass could be heard.

I feel with Rooo, you have my sympathy!

During Steve's command they started in the afternoon once a week every Sunday and finished between 20:00 and 22:00h same day.

Birdman,

Secret Garden is a different cooky compared to the secret beach parties that happened for while along the Choengmon road. Two completely different set ups.

And I DID mean Secret Garden, guess Im get old! :o

OK, that's cleared than. Never had a problem with the Secret garden, actually enjoyed quite a few myself. Those were definately good days.

Luckily those secret beach parties didn't last very long and are a while ago already.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where’s Adam today? Still recovering from the all night rave? Why not explain the latest noise as it appears to be outside the bounds of your previous posts…

Chinese New Year.... TIME FOR CHINESE WHISPERS IS IT??

Well Well Well..

It doesn't take long for people who know absolutely nothing about this project

to start Knocking it !!!

You must have very boring lives to be waiting to laugh yourselves to sleep at someones demise!!

Who was told that this place is a new night club?????

Have they given you sleepless nights already???

It is in fact a sold Villa project with three 5 bedroom villas, Two 2 bed Villas and Four 1 bed Villas..

The restaurant, club house and bar will be the centre piece of this new Hillside Village which will not be finished

for at least another 2-3 years. The bar is open now while buiding continues to keep in touch with their customers

They are not promoting this place.. It is privately owned and built strictly for the owners, people renting the villas, friends

and regular customers of the old beach resort and nobody else.

They are not trying to pull people up the hill, the flags are there merely to show the people the way to get there!

Dreamfields was a one off party.. and just that!!!

YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU START SPREADING RUMOURS

If you have any quieres about this why not go and speak to the owners themselves??

Why don't you all go up there and have a drink... Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!

(though if you keep promoting it like one on here you may actually be attracting the wrong crowd!)

This is one of the most beautiful bar/restaurants on the island and will be surrounded by million dollar + villas (already sold)

Who would build a villa next to a nightclub..?????.

And this is to the poster that's got nothing better to do with his life than bore the pants off people with

this complete cock and bull story..

"Why don't you chill out dude.. because nobody has had or will have sleepless nights!!!"

Well SamuiJens, You should come and see me and we'll talk about getting what you pay for.

My name is Adam, I've built 6 villas in Thailand over the past 9 years.. lived here for 17 years and know a Lot of people.

Come and see me up at the Gecko I'll be there Friday and introduce you to all the owners

and our local friends and family (if you don't know them already)

.... Or is Roo still Hallucinating....

Where's Adam today? Still recovering from the all night rave? Why not explain the latest noise as it appears to be outside the bounds of your previous posts…
Chinese New Year.... TIME FOR CHINESE WHISPERS IS IT??

Well Well Well..

It doesn't take long for people who know absolutely nothing about this project

to start Knocking it !!!

You must have very boring lives to be waiting to laugh yourselves to sleep at someones demise!!

Who was told that this place is a new night club?????

Have they given you sleepless nights already???

It is in fact a sold Villa project with three 5 bedroom villas, Two 2 bed Villas and Four 1 bed Villas..

The restaurant, club house and bar will be the centre piece of this new Hillside Village which will not be finished

for at least another 2-3 years. The bar is open now while buiding continues to keep in touch with their customers

They are not promoting this place.. It is privately owned and built strictly for the owners, people renting the villas, friends

and regular customers of the old beach resort and nobody else.

They are not trying to pull people up the hill, the flags are there merely to show the people the way to get there!

Dreamfields was a one off party.. and just that!!!

YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU START SPREADING RUMOURS

If you have any quieres about this why not go and speak to the owners themselves??

Why don't you all go up there and have a drink... Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!

(though if you keep promoting it like one on here you may actually be attracting the wrong crowd!)

This is one of the most beautiful bar/restaurants on the island and will be surrounded by million dollar + villas (already sold)

Who would build a villa next to a nightclub..?????.

And this is to the poster that's got nothing better to do with his life than bore the pants off people with

this complete cock and bull story..

"Why don't you chill out dude.. because nobody has had or will have sleepless nights!!!"

Well SamuiJens, You should come and see me and we'll talk about getting what you pay for.

My name is Adam, I've built 6 villas in Thailand over the past 9 years.. lived here for 17 years and know a Lot of people.

Come and see me up at the Gecko I'll be there Friday and introduce you to all the owners

and our local friends and family (if you don't know them already)

.... Or is Roo still Hallucinating....

YES, ADAM, where are you? Come out and play-ay, I did, now its your turn, we're waiting for your answer. :o

Edited by SamuiJens

regarding the noise level in this area.

was at the tasaban yesterday and had a look at the zoneing map .

the area of the old monkey theater is purple color ... heavy industry area. so i think the last thing that would bother people is the music from the club.

the area of the old monkey theater is purple color ... heavy industry area. so i think the last thing that would bother people is the music from the club.

Zones 3.1 to 3.11 (purple color): high-density residential and commercial areas. Land here will be used predominately for commerce, residential and tourism purposes. And land used for other purposes must not exceed 15%.

Highdiver,

We are talking up on the mountain,not on old soi monkey road.If you drive down soi monkey hevy business consists of one woodwork shop,2 water supply businesses & a smattering of various shops eg: hair salons,convenience stores & laundries.

We are talking about a music venue on the mountain in the midst of a residential area, even they are talking about building villas.So maybe you should take a drive around & have a look. Since when did zoning matter on Samui? Please get real.

Edited by Rooo

take a harden up pill roo. If a night of no sleep is your biggest problem I have no sympathy. Wasnt Samui always known for its backpacking drugs sex and raving since the seventies? Surely you knew this before you came? **flame removed***

First, it is not the 70s, and currently I don't think you could find anyone who would associate Samui with "backpacking drugs sex and raving."

Second, clearly there is a huge difference between knowingly locating your home near an established noisy club, and having a place to live in the quiet mountains and later having some club built near enough to you to keep you awake at night.

Finally, Eli27 clearly has little experience of being awakened from a sound sleep by throbbing bass sounds.

Rooo should "hire" some police to wait outside the venue and search every participant entering and leaving the club for drugs. That might put a dent in their business and the zeal for which people might have of going all the way up there to "party."

(edit to add another "o" to Rooo)

Edited by Mark Wolfe

take a harden up pill roo. If a night of no sleep is your biggest problem I have no sympathy. Wasnt Samui always known for its backpacking drugs sex and raving since the seventies? Surely you knew this before you came? **flame removed***

High intellect speaking.

Zones 3.1 to 3.11 (purple color): high-density residential and commercial areas. Land here will be used predominately for commerce, residential and tourism purposes. And land used for other purposes must not exceed 15%.

i was referring to the land from the main road in deep purple color defined as area 5.1

this land is from the bopud intersection for 1 km along the road and 600 meters into the mountain area.

this area is designated as hevy industry zone and it will effect noise and pollution levels on bordering plots as well.

Highdiver,

We are talking up on the mountain,not on old soi monkey road.If you drive down soi monkey hevy business consists of one woodwork shop,2 water supply businesses & a smattering of various shops eg: hair salons,convenience stores & laundries.

We are talking about a music venue on the mountain in the midst of a residential area, even they are talking about building villas.So maybe you should take a drive around & have a look. Since when did zoning matter on Samui? Please get real.

Dear Roo

i know where it is and have been there at the last party 2 nights ago.

i total agree with you that this "sound " is a problem for the neighbors but i think that they will also suffer form the zoning plan of having an industry zone under them.

Highdiver,

Dear Roo

i total agree with you that this "sound " is a problem for the neighbors but i think that they will also suffer form the zoning plan of having an industry zone under them.

I am not aware of any really loud factories or heavy industry operating 24 hours a day in samui ... regfardless of the zoning?

One would guess that factories normally operate in day times or until late evenings, not at 3- 6 am and especially not on an island like Samui, which is hardly pushing itself to become the industrial mecca of South East Asia...is it

Nirvana

Highdiver,

Dear Roo

Highdiver,

The zoning is up to 100 metres back from the ring road.What heavy industry, besides building work? I do not think for a moment, that you can hear any heavy industry noise from anywhere from the venue you attended.

So by trying to justify their goings on, you are saying well so what if you don't get it from them , you will get it from industry.

Well if you were invited by them , you are obviously on their side.You reasoning here is very flawed I'm afraid to say.

Nearly 6 pm & still going. ait for the night when sound travels.

Watch this.

Great stuff, parents of the future, GOD help us.

This is an old video taken at Q Bar. What does it have to do with this thread?

BTW, how is this affecting that piece of crap golf course up there? The Bo Phut Hills Joke of a Golf Course?

lukeskywalker:

BTW, how is this affecting that piece of crap golf course up there? The Bo Phut Hills Joke of a Golf Course?

Probably not very much considering how dark it gets at night, when the music was playing. And as an aside, for a little three-par course (pitch and putt), it's quite nice. Pricey, but this is a holiday island, after all.

Roo,

I am the owner of Gecko Village

And I want to put the record straight once and for all as i've

got a lot more important things to be doing with my time than sitting on forums.

We are in the process of building our new bar and restaurant.

When finished we will have a swimming pool and outdoor terrace restaurant.

We plan to open in the daytime with a chilled out pool party vibe with great food and cool music.

We have NO plans to be a nightclub at all!

We had a 40th birthday party the other night which is what you must have heard.

You must live Very Very close to us to have heard this because we've done sound checks and our music

does not carry far at all.

Do not confuse our sound with the lakeview.. I haven't heard you mention them once

and their sound is carrying all the way up to the top of the hill every week as you must know!

Our sound sytem is an active studio system and not a club stystem. We don't even have amplifiers!

While we are still building, we have to open in the evenings because people don't want to sit

here in the daytime and look at a building site!

We still have to make money just like anyone and if that means having the odd party to bring people in

then that's what we'll do. I'm sorry if this causes you any inconvience but it won't be often and as soon as

the buiding is finished we'll concentrate on the daytimes!

Also, do not confuse DJ gigs at other venues with our place.

Our DJs play all over the world at various events that have absolutely NOTHING to do with our place.

So putting links up of parties elsewhere and making coments like "Parents of the future" is offensive

especially as we ARE parents and all of our "children" have already graduated from university thankyou very much!

Secondly,

There is another phase to Gecko Village which is the Villa project we have with 5 other partners.

Our place is on 1 rai in the middle of 6 rai which we collectively bought.

There are Villas being built all around us which we will be managing and we will be the clubhouse, restaurant for these villas

which will all be inside the walled off 6 rai "GECKO VILLAGE"

Does this make anything clearer?

You're always welcome to come here and talk to us in person if you have any complaints or you can call our number.. You'll find it on the net.

Thats nothing like he place Adam described ? All gone quiet on the Adam front. ? I feel for anybody having to try to sleep through some inconsiderate person making some money. opening in the evenings would be fine. To pump out music through the night is both ignorant and inconsiderate. A lot of thought for the neighbours went into the planning of this venture then ?? :o

Come on, so long as it's not a regular every week party what's the issue? Have been kept awake on 6 or 7 occasions over the last 2 years by various loud all night karaoke sessions when locals get married / have birthdays etc. I do feel for people being kept awake, as it isn't nice, but a party now and again doesn't hurt excessively.

Of course if it does turn out to be an every week thing then my opinion would change.

Roo,

got a lot more important things to be doing with my time than sitting on forums.

We plan to open in the daytime with a chilled out pool party vibe with great food and cool music.

You must live Very Very close to us to have heard this because we've done sound checks and our music

Do not confuse our sound with the lakeview.. I haven't heard you mention them once

and their sound is carrying all the way up to the top of the hill every week as you must know!

Our sound sytem is an active studio system and not a club stystem. We don't even have amplifiers!

While we are still building, we have to open in the evenings because people don't want to sit

We still have to make money just like anyone and if that means having the odd party to bring people in

then that's what we'll do. I'm sorry if this causes you any inconvience but it won't be often and as soon as

Our DJs play all over the world at various events that have absolutely NOTHING to do with our place.

So putting links up of parties elsewhere and making coments like "Parents of the future" is offensive

especially as we ARE parents and all of our "children" have already graduated from university thankyou very much!

Secondly,

There is another phase to Gecko Village which is the Villa project we have with 5 other partners.

There are Villas being built all around us which we will be managing and we will be the clubhouse, restaurant for these villas

You're always welcome to come here and talk to us in person if you have any complaints or you can call our number.. You'll find it on the net.

Thats nothing like he place Adam described ? All gone quiet on the Adam front. ? I feel for anybody having to try to sleep through some inconsiderate person making some money. opening in the evenings would be fine. To pump out music through the night is both ignorant and inconsiderate. A lot of thought for the neighbours went into the planning of this venture then ?? :o

FINAL WORD..

I asked Adam to keep out of this because he was only making matters worse.

He's not involved in the bar or restaurant, only the villas and I didn't think it was his place to be making statements about this so that's that!

Now I only logged into this as I needed to make it clear that we're not a nightclub and have said all I'm going to say on the matter!

I think things have been made perfectly clear now so if you have any genuine complaints, come and make them to us in person and

we'll try to resolve things in a diplomatic and fair way for everyone!

BTW If you hear anything tonight.. It's the Lakeview

OUT!

Roo,

Secondly,

FINAL WORD..

He's not involved in the bar or restaurant, only the villas and I didn't think it was his place to be making statements about this so that's that!

Now I only logged into this as I needed to make it clear that we're not a nightclub and have said all I'm going to say on the matter!

I think things have been made perfectly clear now so if you have any genuine complaints, come and make them to us in person and

we'll try to resolve things in a diplomatic and fair way for everyone!

BTW If you hear anything tonight.. It's the Lakeview

OUT!

To GECKOVILLAGE

I think Roo's comments re. "parents of the future" were indeed unfortunate and probably born out of frustration. They were unfortunate in the sense that they probably alienated a few from his cause and shifted attention from the main issue which is of course, noise.

You must understand that since over the years, your previous venue down in Bophut "blasted us out of our beds" here up in the hills behind Fisherman's Village, your platitudes and assurances are bound to be viewed with a great deal of suspicion. Add to this the fact that your party the other night disturbed many of us till well into the next morning.

You surely cannot be so insensitive as to imagine for one minute, that whilst making many friends at your own venue, you have at the same time built up a massive and some would say "dangerous" resentment against yourself in the local community, both Thai and Farang.

When therfore, you have the arrogance to imagine that people are not going to be upset when you move your venue right into the middle of a rapidly expanding quiet residential area and start producing large volumes of noise, it frankly beggars belief!

You say in your message to Roo, (as if he's the only one that's upset!) that we all have to "make a living". Agreed! Well billions of baht have been invested by people up on this mountain, both Thai and Farang, in building properties to live in and rent out in a peaceful environment. They want to make a living too. They will not stand back and blithely accept you ruining their livelyhood, especially in these hard times. We live in the "Wild west" here as you are no doubt aware, so I sincerely trust your assurances on noise level are to be believed.

Please also, do not be so arrogant as to believe you are the judge of what level of noise is disturbing to people around you. Only they know how much they are being disturbed, not you. Your past history is proof that you are no "judge" on this issue.

You are clearly now "under the spotlight" so we all sincerely hope that your assurances are genuine in order that we can all live in peace and safety together.

GECKOVILLAGE (Is this a shout?) said:

I am not sure what relationship you have with someone who wishes to post on a public forum, but it's slightly odd to me that you would "cancel" his Thaivisa posting "privileges." Is he your son?

I don't buy into this, "It's only once a week," or something idea of disturbing your neighbors. It's as if you are the only one subject to this "law." What if everyone in the area thought the same? It would only take seven households to hold parties at supersonic volumes one every day of the week to create a noise war.

I also find it hard to understand others' reasoning on deafeningly loud music parties in the middle of the night being tolerable because they are only irregularly held. Do the people cranking up the tunes at 3am think: "God that's loud (read: cool)! You must be able to hear this for miles. Bet someone's pacing the floor in interrupted sleep-rage. But hey, fck it, I gotta right to do whatever I want from time to time." Do the words selfish and inconsiderate come to mind?

I mean if you pulled your big truck with the monster stereo system up in front of some mountain neighborhood area -- on a public road -- and started a tailgate party at 3am you'd probably be in for some extra excitement from the locals, both foreign and local. "But hey, it's a public road, I'm the public and I like this little stretch of paving. And I'm charging my friends a few baht to come along for the entertainment. I got rights too!"

Maybe someone should start replying to these innocent music-blaring venues by holding "Indecent Oratory Parties." Open mic for people to say whatever they like using whatever language they wish -- hey, it's freedom of expression -- at 125 decibels in the middle of the night. Maybe hold really awful poetry-readings. Have drinking contests and amplify the vomiting noises, farting sounds, and who can think of the worst things to say to insult (insert nationality here). Have sound-truck wars! Whatever you can think of, it's all in the interest of freedom -- to speak, to play tunes, to make a few baht and to annoy the neighbors (but only on occasion).

By the way, why is it that every time I hear of this thing I get the, "Oh, it was a birthday party"? What? It's acceptable to annoy everyone in a three-kilometer radius on your birthday? Where did this "tradition" come from?

GECKOVILLAGE (Is this a shout?) said:

I am not sure what relationship you have with someone who wishes to post on a public forum, but it's slightly odd to me that you would "cancel" his Thaivisa posting "privileges." Is he your son?

I don't buy into this, "It's only once a week," or something idea of disturbing your neighbors. It's as if you are the only one subject to this "law." What if everyone in the area thought the same? It would only take seven households to hold parties at supersonic volumes one every day of the week to create a noise war.

I also find it hard to understand others' reasoning on deafeningly loud music parties in the middle of the night being tolerable because they are only irregularly held. Do the people cranking up the tunes at 3am think: "God that's loud (read: cool)! You must be able to hear this for miles. Bet someone's pacing the floor in interrupted sleep-rage. But hey, fck it, I gotta right to do whatever I want from time to time." Do the words selfish and inconsiderate come to mind?

I mean if you pulled your big truck with the monster stereo system up in front of some mountain neighborhood area -- on a public road -- and started a tailgate party at 3am you'd probably be in for some extra excitement from the locals, both foreign and local. "But hey, it's a public road, I'm the public and I like this little stretch of paving. And I'm charging my friends a few baht to come along for the entertainment. I got rights too!"

Maybe someone should start replying to these innocent music-blaring venues by holding "Indecent Oratory Parties." Open mic for people to say whatever they like using whatever language they wish -- hey, it's freedom of expression -- at 125 decibels in the middle of the night. Maybe hold really awful poetry-readings. Have drinking contests and amplify the vomiting noises, farting sounds, and who can think of the worst things to say to insult (insert nationality here). Have sound-truck wars! Whatever you can think of, it's all in the interest of freedom -- to speak, to play tunes, to make a few baht and to annoy the neighbors (but only on occasion).

By the way, why is it that every time I hear of this thing I get the, "Oh, it was a birthday party"? What? It's acceptable to annoy everyone in a three-kilometer radius on your birthday? Where did this "tradition" come from?

Spot on! :o

Or we could close down each and every bar/club in Samui and confiscate each and every stereo on the island. Let the oldies catch some z's and be prepared for a nice long day posting on internet forums.

Highdiver,

Dear Roo

Check again HD. The area in question falls into the zone of 6.3 and 6.9.

- Zones 6.1 to 6.11 shall be rural and agricultural areas. Land here is to be used for agricultural purposes, or any activity

relating to agriculture, residence and tourism. In the event that any land is used for other acceptable purposes, then a

maximum of 20% of the whole may be used. The list of prohibited buildings in these zones is more extensive and

includes: buildings for commercial purposes, except as part of a residential development. And they must be no bigger

than 10% of the whole; any residential, commercial or industrial building with a floor space exceeding 2,000 sqm or a

height of over 12m; residential or commercial building purposes, except as part of a residential development and equal to

not more than 10% of the whole; condominiums, apartments or dormitories; or residences in commercial buildings except

as part of a residential development and equal to not more than 10% of the whole.

The rules for all green zones other than zones 6.3 and 6.9 are: a) and

:o as above; c) as above, but with surrounding

space of at least 50%; d), e), and f) as above.

In Zones 6.3 and 6.9 among the list of prohibited uses are: any purposes of land allotment, except agriculture purposes;

residential purposes, except for single house; and any business which may cause harm to health, under the laws

regarding public health.

The rules for 6.3 and 6.9 are: a) and

:D as above, but the surrounding space must be at least 60% of the whole; and d)

as above.

And by the way. By stating that we up in Bophut hills should be more bothered by the industrially zoned area below currently housing Samui Deep Well / A language school / Motorbike repair shop / Laundry etc. etc.. What did you have in mind that might be coming that might be more disturbing than all night music? An all night firework testing facility? A long range all night missile testing facility? Get a life! Of all your posts, both intelligent and otherwise, this has to truly be the least intelligent!

Please note that the regulations under zoning area state that no business should be conducted which may cause " harm to health" I am only guessing but I'm not sure, that loss off human sleep to the local population might be considered as being a " harm to health " If it's not, it should be. It has certainly raised my blood pressure in the past!

Or we could close down each and every bar/club in Samui and confiscate each and every stereo on the island. Let the oldies catch some z's and be prepared for a nice long day posting on internet forums.

What makes a person of your deep insight assume some of us are any older than you? *** flame removed***

Perhaps the long hours of listening to DUNG DUNG DUNG at full volume in the middle of the night has dulled your senses, Eli27. This discussion is about music played at such a volume that it not only disturbs the people next door, but those a mile or more away -- in the middle of the night (when I image even you chose to sleep).

I have nothing against partying or playing music. Let me give you an example of what we are talking about here:

A resort about half a mile away was having some "do" last month and the volume was so loud that even with all my windows and doors shut I could still feel the vibration in the floor and the bass-line in my ears. I thought I would walk over and see for myself just how loud it was. It was a private party and the fact was that the volume could easily have been half what it was and the enjoyment level would have been the same for the participants, and, perhaps, even heightened since with the volume down a bit, they could have carried on conversations without having to be an inch apart from mouth to ear and shouting at the top of their lungs.

I spoke with the person in charge the following day and subsequent "do's" were held with volumes at a more reasonable level.

Listen, I have been to many events over the decades and I know the difference between high volume entertainment, "loud but reasonable" music and over-the-top sound.

It's a matter of consideration. I wouldn't set up my spotlight, take out my chainsaw and start cutting coconut lumber at 3am. I mean, technically I have the right to do this, don't I? But I also have some sense of compassion for my neighbors. Do the holders of these all-night parties feel the same?

You can do all the things you do at these parties just as well with the volume half of what it sometime is. Unless of course you think the music that is played is only a sonic mishmash of syncopated pink noise designed not to be enjoyed in and of itself, but to be used as an aural adjunct to intoxication by alcohol and drugs. If that is the case you should all bring headphones and your orgasmatrons and enjoy in our peace.

Highdiver,

Dear Roo

Highdiver,

The zoning is up to 100 metres back from the ring road.What heavy industry, besides building work? I do not think for a moment, that you can hear any heavy industry noise from anywhere from the venue you attended.

So by trying to justify their goings on, you are saying well so what if you don't get it from them , you will get it from industry.

Well if you were invited by them , you are obviously on their side.You reasoning here is very flawed I'm afraid to say.

Definitely a misunderstanding.here.

my response was about the noise level in this area the zoning planing is to allow this area as heavy industry .. so before you go building a house there please be aware of it. if according to the zoning this will be a heavy industry zone then the lat thing there is to worry about is Geko.

i am not in any way promoting or defending Geko, or on their side.. but i still thik they play good music. :o

Highdiver,

Dear Roo

Check again HD. The area in question falls into the zone of 6.3 and 6.9.

- Zones 6.1 to 6.11 shall be rural and agricultural areas. Land here is to be used for agricultural purposes, or any activity

relating to agriculture, residence and tourism. In the event that any land is used for other acceptable purposes, then a

maximum of 20% of the whole may be used. The list of prohibited buildings in these zones is more extensive and

includes: buildings for commercial purposes, except as part of a residential development. And they must be no bigger

than 10% of the whole; any residential, commercial or industrial building with a floor space exceeding 2,000 sqm or a

height of over 12m; residential or commercial building purposes, except as part of a residential development and equal to

not more than 10% of the whole; condominiums, apartments or dormitories; or residences in commercial buildings except

as part of a residential development and equal to not more than 10% of the whole.

The rules for all green zones other than zones 6.3 and 6.9 are: a) and

:D as above; c) as above, but with surrounding

space of at least 50%; d), e), and f) as above.

In Zones 6.3 and 6.9 among the list of prohibited uses are: any purposes of land allotment, except agriculture purposes;

residential purposes, except for single house; and any business which may cause harm to health, under the laws

regarding public health.

The rules for 6.3 and 6.9 are: a) and

:D as above, but the surrounding space must be at least 60% of the whole; and d)

as above.

And by the way. By stating that we up in Bophut hills should be more bothered by the industrially zoned area below currently housing Samui Deep Well / A language school / Motorbike repair shop / Laundry etc. etc.. What did you have in mind that might be coming that might be more disturbing than all night music? An all night firework testing facility? A long range all night missile testing facility? Get a life! Of all your posts, both intelligent and otherwise, this has to truly be the least intelligent!

Please note that the regulations under zoning area state that no business should be conducted which may cause " harm to health" I am only guessing but I'm not sure, that loss off human sleep to the local population might be considered as being a " harm to health " If it's not, it should be. It has certainly raised my blood pressure in the past!

we must be looking at different zones then.. i was referring to the land marked as deep Purple color leading from the intersection to wards chaweng. and is marked as 5 and is locted right under the hill that we are referring to as in the 6 range.

if you have a house in area 6 and your neighbor plot is under zone 5 then you will suffer from potential noise of living near an industry zone even if your land is zoned differently.

my point is that those houses will also suffer if they will have a heavy industry zone under them. and it does not have to be a missile testing range. :o:D all it has to be is for 3 big mechanical industry shops running there and that will create a very noisy ambiance.

imagine if you will a wood work shop running the heavy saw all day its not a comfortable feeling..

to highdiver.

yes and i guess you dont live there.This zoning furphy cos that what it is,is a smoke screen,there is nowhere to develop industry along soi monkey,and what business person is going to construct an industrial complex up in the hills with no infrastructure.What most people are pissed off with is, here is a guy that blasted himself off bophut beach(through complaints from resorts),only to land himself with 1 rai in the middle of 5 where there is a villa development scheme in progress.This guy obviously does n't give a shit about other people just like alot of other quasy samui entrepreneurs.

re-reading my reply,words a bit strong,so apologies.but i think many are fed up with selfish attitudes towards others.

Edited by samuibeachcomber

You lot really need to chill out. So far there has only been 1 party and your moaning! And yes I live in the area and could hear the music. What's next to moan about? The thunder is too loud, the toads are too loud, the cockrels are too loud, the geckos are too loud.

If the parties start happening every week/night then you might have something to moan about! Until then chill the fxxx out.