Need To Get My Car Air Con Fixed

pingping

I put my car into the Toyota dealer to get my air con cleaned....it came back apparently cleaned but now the air is not cold. They want to charge me another 6000 baht to fix it. Does anyone know of another air con place in Chiangmai?

thanks in advance.

I put my car into the Toyota dealer to get my air con cleaned....it came back apparently cleaned but now the air is not cold. They want to charge me another 6000 baht to fix it. Does anyone know of another air con place in Chiangmai?

thanks in advance.

Amnuay MotorAir 1 - Charoenmuang Road

Amnuay MotorAir 2 - Superhighway nearly opposire Carrefour

2nd the above...Amnuay is the best in town for car aircons and electricals. It's more opposite halfway between Carrefore and Makro and can be recognized by the auto sound system signage in front. Best, most comfortable waiting room in town, with free internet, coffee and etc.

One of the few Thai businesses that I would recomend........

2nd the above...Amnuay is the best in town for car aircons and electricals. It's more opposite halfway between Carrefore and Makro and can be recognized by the auto sound system signage in front. Best, most comfortable waiting room in town, with free internet, coffee and etc.

Just an update....found an air con place about 300mtres along super highway after you turn in from Huay Gauw Rd called "Taksin" They ran all the tests said it needed to be regassed. Total cost 300bht.

thanks in advance.

Is this the Toyota dealer at Niyom Panich opp Airport Plaza?

The Toyota mechanic always try to sell me an aircon cleaning package costing 2-3K on top of the normal servicing package of 2-3K,

which i decline as not necessary.

Since my pickup is more than 3 yrs old, & not covered by the 3 yr warranty, is there a cheaper but reliable servicing agent that carries original Toyota parts?

Any advice from the CM motoring folks?

Cheers!

For the record, Taksin and Thaksin are two different words in Thai. Taksin the 18th century King (สมเด็จพระเจ้าตากสินมหาราช), and Thaksin Shinawatra ทักษิณ ชินวัตร.

Edited by Puwa

• 3 months later...

Amnuay motor air in Chiangmai... mmmm...... so I'm a middle aged woman and a farang... guess that just means I'm going to get ripped off... first they tell me 10,800 baht for the new part ONLY, I say too much then they say 2nd hand parts... 8,000 baht... I say ... no don't have enough money... so they phone and say .... "Oh we can repair"...... mmmmm.... so then I say Nah... don't worry about it... I'll come and pick up the car.. go to pick up the car and I'm told that it will take two hours to put it back together again... um, after I'd said that I was coming to get it... and it's hot and I'm walking around in the heat and can't find a songthaew and blah, blah, blah.... anyway the vans fixed now for 7,500 baht for the whole thing... gas, parts and labour! Go figure... don't think I'd recommend this place to anyone... ask a friend and find a friend of a friend and get it done the Thai way... we have and we're happy with it and will never go to Amnuay again... so have a wonderful day anyway... :)

Can't fault you on your recommendation.

And it's gotta be the cleanest workshop in Thailand. You could almost eat off the floor.