I Think We Are All In For Prostate Cancer !

skippybangkok

at Around 20yrs old - Avg Climax per week  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BBC - Prostate Cancer

Self inflicted or inflicted by others :o

Men who are more sexually active in their 20s and 30s may run a higher risk of prostate cancer, research suggests.

Frequency risk

There was also a difference among the men who masturbated or had sex the most often, with 40% of men in the cancer group being sexually active 20 times a month or more in their 20s, compared with 32% in the non-cancer group.

20 times a month as a 20 year old............ i wonder how many really did not meet this quota :D

All in the name of science - give us ur data :D

More sexually active in the male hoohah, innit?

I don't really remember and I don't want to know what that puts me at risk for ...

The press is evil. As if we don't have enough to worry about.

Don't just about all men if they live long enough develop enlarged prostates and prostate cancer?

Edited by Jingthing

I saw that article. This week it's sex when you were 20 years old, last week eating eggs will kill you, week before that probably mixing mashed potatoes with onion gravy! These guys just don't know what to do next to justify their high salaries.

Listen to your body, if you wanna eat eggs then eat them and if you want to have sex then go for it.

I'm guessing that if there's any real effect it's correlation with ongoing lifestyle choices- but still, what percentage of the population could we be talking about?

Well, based on the meagre results from the poll, it would be concluded that 83% or more of people fall in that group.

Actually if you read the article they are not theorizing that sex of any type increases the risk, but rather that men with higher levels of sexual activity may have on average higher levels of testosterone (duh!) which may also have the effect of increasing the risk of prostate cancer.

Indeed a rather weak assumption: Men with higher (vague at best) level of activity has higher levels (not shown or tested but assumed) of sex hormones (not specified).. But a heading such as: "Men with higher sex hormone levels are more prone to prostate ca" will not get as many hits and reads as the current one, would it?

Judging by the frequencies that men "remember" from their youth (for many anyhthing but a vague memory with lots of grey areas between what actually happened and what was only liquid dreams..), we are all doomed :o

Not sure if this will make the "finger tip" testing frequency go up either!!

"The world is getting to be such a dangerous place, a man is lucky to get out of it alive."

W. C. Fields

As a doctor I can only say that I suspect MOST men in their 20s will have orgasms, assisted or solo, three or four times a week. (hel_l, when I was 20 I could that every day!)

Secondly, I know that very nearly ALL men, if they live long enough, will get prostate cancer. Most men die with it not because of it.

Therefore, perhaps the study is merely showing that 20year-olds who have enough sexual activity will live long enough to develop prostate cancer!

So, get to it, kids! And, what the hel_l, maybe it's not too late fore the rest of us. Excuse me - gotta go...

BBC - Prostate Cancer

Men who are more sexually active in their 20s and 30s may run a higher risk of prostate cancer, research suggests.

This also was reported by the Beeb.

Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'

Prostate scans

Researchers were assessing prostate cancer risk

Men could reduce their risk of developing prostate cancer through regular masturbation, researchers suggest.

They say cancer-causing chemicals could build up in the prostate if men do not ejaculate regularly.

And they say sexual intercourse may not have the same protective effect because of the possibility of contracting a sexually transmitted infection, which could increase men's cancer risk.

Australian researchers questioned over 1,000 men who had developed prostate cancer and 1,250 who had not about their sexual habits.

This is a plausible theory

Dr Chris Hiley, Prostate Cancer Charity

They found those who had ejaculated the most between the ages of 20 and 50 were the least likely to develop the cancer.

The protective effect was greatest while the men were in their 20s.

Men who ejaculated more than five times a week were a third less likely to develop prostate cancer later in life.

Fluid

Previous research has suggested that a high number of sexual partners or a high level of sexual activity increased a man's risk of developing prostate cancer by up to 40%.

But the Australian researchers who carried out this study suggest the early work missed the protective effect of ejaculation because it focussed on sexual intercourse, with its associated risk of STIs.

If you google around about prostate cancer and sex some articles say actually the opposite.They claim that cancer cells get washed out with the semen.The more sex the better.

I whole-heartedly go with that until proven otherwise :o

If you google around about prostate cancer and sex some articles say actually the opposite.They claim that cancer cells get washed out with the semen.The more sex the better.

I whole-heartedly go with that until proven otherwise :o

The collective sigh of relief from TV members was audible from around the globe...

Few years ago when I had reached the biblical age limit, got concerned when I was getting up for a jimmy every 15 minutes. Googled and read it as a prostate cancer sympton. Rushed to the doc, had a PSA which was indicative, and was asked to come back again for another in a few weeks. So worried I took a month off work to fret.

Studied google more, contradiction heaped upon contradiction, but generally that the PSA was unreliable.

Also looking at the treatments, if I did have it, what was the point in adding a few years to my life and having all that considerable aggravation.?

I decided to "die with it, not of it" if indeed I did have it.

Now 2 years on I have diagnosed the cause of my "frequent micturition", or too many jimmies. Pepper and some herbal teas = bladder irritation. So I'm content and have peace of mind, now compounded by the "research" on number of emissions. My concern now is that I will live forever. Unhappily now though my "all nighters" are no jimmies, not non stop sex.