A Keg Or A Box?

callum06

My question here is...... is it better to buy few kegs of beer of buy the beer in the bottles??

I have mates that like their beer and would like to provide tasty, ice cold beer when they pop round?? any idea's on price and how long they beer would last here in Thailand!!

Cheers....

With a keg you'd need the pump / refrigeration unit to dispense it also so that would put up the cost. But having draft on tap at home could be worth it. You'd also need a supplier, I haven't ever seen kegs on sale in the booze godowns.

A few cases kept in the 'fridge could be a lot simpler though, and you'd konw how many are left before you run dry.

Let's know if you go for the keg and I'll drop round for a pint myself.

With a keg you'd need the pump / refrigeration unit to dispense it also so that would put up the cost. But having draft on tap at home could be worth it. You'd also need a supplier, I haven't ever seen kegs on sale in the booze godowns.

A few cases kept in the 'fridge could be a lot simpler though, and you'd konw how many are left before you run dry.

Let's know if you go for the keg and I'll drop round for a pint myself.

There are also some 5L mini-kegs that require nothing else to tap them but what comes with them. But they are imported beers and, therefore, cost 900-1000 baht. Pricey, but good beer and kind of a nice (fancy) presentation.

Wouldn't the beer company supply me with a cooling system and all gas?? a simple set-up and just make sure the lines aren't too long... does anyone have a price for beer Singha, Leo etc...

I went to a house warming where the Chang distributor did exactly that. In fact, they also provided and set up a booth in the yard , provided pitchers with Chang printed on them, and sent a couple of people to run it. I have no idea of the cost involved but it might be no more expensive than having cases of bottled beer. Seemed like a good idea to me.

My question here is...... is it better to buy few kegs of beer of buy the beer in the bottles??

I have mates that like their beer and would like to provide tasty, ice cold beer when they pop round?? any idea's on price and how long they beer would last here in Thailand!!

Cheers....

Kegs go stale in a few days, right??? They are Okay for a party, but not for 'on tap', drop in scenario. Bottles can store longer and you can provide a 'selection'. DON'T crack a keg until it's sat for several hours in a very cold fridge.

------------------------------------

WOTs yer address???

:D:D:D:D:o

Edited by eggomaniac