Credit Card Insurance Withdrawn!

siamruby

I have just got my VISA credit card statement yesterday and couldn't believe the note on the statement...

'Important changes to cardholder benefits.

Travel Accident Insurance will be withdrawn on 1 January 2005; you have until 1 February 2005 to make a claim. International Rescue will be withdrawn on 1 February 2005 ;you will continue to have access to Emergency Cash (+44 7133 487 650) if you lose your card abroad.'

I am really not sure if it is a coincident that the bank decided to stop the insurance that normally come with most cards BEFORE the disaster or AFTER the disaster, if it was the later..I must say what a heartless b*****d they are :o

I know most of us feel sad,worry,upset etc. But please check your, your friend or family's credit card benefits and HURRY because in the case of my card you only have 30days to claim from now. Even if you don't need the money yourself but at least you will have more to give to the disaster charity!!!

BTW, my card is Monument Visa card.

I am really not sure if it is a coincident that the bank decided to stop the insurance that normally come with most cards BEFORE the disaster or AFTER the disaster, if it was the later..I must say what a heartless b*****d they are :o

NatWest announced the withdrawal of such benefits before Christmas, I think in November.