One Year Non Imm O Type Visa

You have to apply at a Thai Consulate in another country. Best bet would be KL or Penang.

You may be able to get a 12 month extension from Immigration if you have 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank or 40,000 Baht monthly income.

These are the extension rules. You need 2.18(5)

You will only get a single entry non-o in Suvannakhet.

If you can show 400,000 baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or income of 40,000 baht per month you can get a 1 year extension at immigration. To make the process easier you could get the single non-o mentioned above first..

For a multiple entry non immigrant O visa you will have to go to KL or Penang and at both you will need to show some money in the bank.

If you applied in your home country you copuld get a multiple entry without the 400K.

You can get a multiple non-o as many times as you want.

The 60 days extension rule says once only which I beleive means not back to back.

Suvannakhet will give you a single entry visa. And unless they have changed will only do it once without a lot of discussion.

You can get a multiple entry in Penang using an agent. In KL it can be done without an agent. The amount that you need to show in the bank varies from report to report but you do need to show enough money to support yourself and your child.

If you applied in your home country you copuld get a multiple entry without the 400K.

The 60 days extension rule says once only which I beleive means not back to back.

Suvannakhet will give you a single entry visa. And unless they have changed will only do it once without a lot of discussion.

You can get a multiple entry in Penang using an agent. In KL it can be done without an agent. The amount that you need to show in the bank varies from report to report but you do need to show enough money to support yourself and your child.

Ok I have 200K baht in the bank here. Do you think it would be possible to get the 1 year visa if I show this and take my wife and child with me to Suvannakhet. I called the folk in immigration in Mukdahan and they did not know anything about O type visas. :-)

Also I am a bit confused about single/multiple entry. I just want a 1 year visa and once I get it I have no intention to travel outside of Thailand again.

Ok I have 200K baht in the bank here. Do you think it would be possible to get the 1 year visa if I show this and take my wife and child with me to Suvannakhet. I called the folk in immigration in Mukdahan and they did not know anything about O type visas. :-)

Also I am a bit confused about single/multiple entry. I just want a 1 year visa and once I get it I have no intention to travel outside of Thailand again.

You should be able to get a Multi Entry Non O Visa in KL or Penang. This means you could stay in Thailand for up to 15 months but would have to do a border run every 90 days.

As said to get a 12 month extension from Immigration you need 400,000 in a Thai bank or 40,000 Monthly income. With this you would not have to leave Thailand for a year.

Rule for 12 month extension.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Any visa you get will require you to leave the the country after 90 days.

A multiple entry visa allows you to enter as many times as you wish for one year getting a 90 day permit to stay each entry. Then you have to leave and come back again.

A single means you can enter one time only for 90 days.

You will not get a multiple entry visa from Suvannakhet with any amount of money.

The only way you can stay in Thailand for one year without leaving is to get a one year extension of your permit to stay at immigration.

Any visa you get will require you to leave the the country after 90 days.

A multiple entry visa allows you to enter as many times as you wish for one year getting a 90 day permit to stay each entry. Then you have to leave and come back again.

A single means you can enter one time only for 90 days.

You will not get a multiple entry visa from Suvannakhet with any amount of money.

The only way you can stay in Thailand for one year without leaving is to get a one year extension of your permit to stay at immigration.

So are you saying that I can go to immigration in Mukdahan and get a one year extension of stay.

I already got a 60 day extension of stay from them.

So are you saying that I can go to immigration in Mukdahan and get a one year extension of stay.

If you can meet the finacial requirements you can get the 1 year extension.

If not I suggest that you go to the consulate in Suvannakhet and get a single entry non-o for now. That would give you another 90 days to get things organized for the extension or a trip to another consulate to get a multiple entry.

If you cross the bridge early in the morning you can go to the consulate make the application, spend the night and pick up your passport the next afternoon.

You can get a bus from Mukdahan to Suvannakhet or the same bus at the bridge into town.

If you need more time after that 90 days you might be able to get another 60 day extension at immigration. The rules say once only but I think that means back to back extensions.

If not I suggest that you go to the consulate in Suvannakhet and get a single entry non-o for now. That would give you another 90 days to get things organized for the extension or a trip to another consulate to get a multiple entry.

If you cross the bridge early in the morning you can go to the consulate make the application, spend the night and pick up your passport the next afternoon.

You can get a bus from Mukdahan to Suvannakhet or the same bus at the bridge into town.

If you need more time after that 90 days you might be able to get another 60 day extension at immigration. The rules say once only but I think that means back to back extensions.

Ubonjoe

Are you sure I can get this 90day extension of stay in Suvannakhet. I will call immigration in Mukdahan tomorrow but I doubt they will be of much help or even know.

What would I need to bring to Suvannakhet to get this. I guess:

My passport

Photos

Tabian Bann with my daughters name on it.

Daughters passport

Daughters Birth Cert

Girlfriends ID

Thanks for your help so far

Cheers

Ubonjoe

Are you sure I can get this 90day extension of stay in Suvannakhet. I will call immigration in Mukdahan tomorrow but I doubt they will be of much help or even know.

My passport

Photos

Daughters passport

Daughters Birth Cert

Girlfriends ID

Cheers

You are not applying for a 90 day extension. You are applying for a Non Imm O Visa. It is nothing to do with with Mukdahan Immigration. Apply at the Thai Consulate in Suvannakhet with the documents you quoted and you will be issued with the Visa.

If you qualify for the 12 mnth extension you apply for this at Mudahan Immigration.

If not I suggest that you go to the consulate in Suvannakhet and get a single entry non-o for now.

Ubonjoe

My passport

Photos

Daughters passport

Daughters Birth Cert

Girlfriends ID

Cheers

It is not an extension it is a non immigrant O visa to visit your child that will give you a 90 permit to stay.

Immigration will not answer questions about visas.

You will get the visa.

Besides the items on your list you will need a copy of your passport photo page and 2 photos.

Take copies of everything on your list. I sugesst also taking your bank book (update it first) and a copy of the name page and the most recent page with the balance.

You will need one photo for your visa on arrival for Laos and 1500 baht. You will need the name of a hotel for the application if you don't know know one use Hotel Mekong (not a great place to stay but only 600 baht).

Contact info for Thai consulate in Suvannakhet.

Tel.(856-41) 212-373, 252-080 Fax.(856-41)212-370, 252-078

E-mail : [email protected]

Visa and Consular Section : (Submission Time) : 09.00-11.00 Hrs. (Collection Time For Laotian Applicants) : 15.00-15.30 Hrs. (Collection Time For non-Laotian Applicants) : 14.00-14.30 Hrs.

Ubonjoe

Thanks dude you have been a great help to date. Just a couple of things I need to clarify with you if you know which I am sure you do.

1 - By the time I go to Laos I will have 170K in the bank.

2 - I am not married.

I intend to head there on Tuesday.

Cheers dude.

Ubonjoe

Thanks dude you have been a great help to date. Just a couple of things I need to clarify with you if you know which I am sure you do.

1 - By the time I go to Laos I will have 170K in the bank.

2 - I am not married.

I intend to head there on Tuesday.

Cheers dude.

1. That will be enough. Don't show them the bank book unless they ask (just have copies ready).

2. You don't have to be married. You are getting a non-o to visit family which is your child in this case.

Tuesday would be a good day. (better than Monday). Try and get there as early as you can. If there are a lot of Lao citizens making applications they will stop giving out numbers until they take care of them.

Glad to help. Let us know how it went.

Good Luck

Joe

I am about to finish a 60 day extension of stay based on having a child here in Thailand. I got this in Mukdahan. Can I go to Suvannakhet and get a 1 year O type visa now based on the same situation. I am 45 years old. I have a 2 year old daughter.

What type of 60 days stay was that? A tourist visa? They wont do that again in Sawan Nakhet, but you're chancesTo get a Non-O you need to show an amount of 400,000 baht....or an income of 45,000 baht a month.....Good luck.....

What type of 60 days stay was that? A tourist visa? They wont do that again in Sawan Nakhet, but you're chancesTo get a Non-O you need to show an amount of 400,000 baht....or an income of 45,000 baht a month.....Good luck.....

He is on a special extension and has enough money to get a non-O. The amounts you mention are for an extension of stay, not for getting a visa.

• 2 weeks later...

With non-immigrant visa “O” valid for multiple entries you receive permission to stay for 90 days on every arrival in Thailand and therefore you do have to leave the country at least every 90 days.

With the non-immigrant visa “O-A”, to which you gave a link, you receive permission to stay for one year on arrival in Thailand.

--

Maestro