New Computer

Lost in LOS

my HP laptop is about 4 years old now and it is probably time to update to a new system I think since i have an office in my house my best bet would be a desktop since i have the room, dont need to go anywhere with it and I can get much more for much less as well as a big screen.

I am not up to date with the latest technology and would like a top of the line Ibm system. something i can buy in pattaya preferred, I have looked at acer but not sure what i should be looking for. dual processor? what speed? what drives do I need? special slots? memory? etc. any help would be appreciated

Top of the line

i7 Intel processor

6GB DDR3 RAM

X58 Motherboard

1TB+ Hard Drives

HD4870 X2 or GTX295 Video Card

Value for money but still fast

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

4GB DDR2 800 RAM

P43/P45 Motherboard

1TB+ Hard Drive

HD4850 Video Card

Brand name computers might not be easily available in Thailand with i7 yet. If you don't game then HD4670 is good enough. See the other new computer thread from a couple of days back for more ideas.

Top of the line

i7 Intel processor

6GB DDR3 RAM

X58 Motherboard

1TB+ Hard Drives

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

4GB DDR2 800 RAM

P43/P45 Motherboard

1TB+ Hard Drive

HD4850 Video Card

Brand name computers might not be easily available in Thailand with i7 yet. If you don't game then HD4670 is good enough. See the other new computer thread from a couple of days back for more ideas.

thanks, will check the thread, didnt see it :o

• 1 month later...
Top of the line

i7 Intel processor

6GB DDR3 RAM

X58 Motherboard

1TB+ Hard Drives

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

4GB DDR2 800 RAM

P43/P45 Motherboard

1TB+ Hard Drive

HD4850 Video Card

Jeffer

I ordered this today along with a wireless mouse/keyboard and a 22" monitor. thanks for your help and i "hope" to receive it Friday TIT. I appreciate it and I think I got what you recommended. Acer was the only brand i could find with the specs. I will report when i get it

post-24771-1235897446_thumb.jpg

Have you considered a Macintosh? I switched over three years ago and would never go back to a Microsoft machine based on my experience. You can get MS-Word, PowerPoint, and all the other software for Macs now. The best part is I don't have to run any virus protection. I end up working on my sister's machine with Vista occasionally and it pretty quickly reinforces being a Mac Head! Something you should consider, especially if you are not super computer literate, as the Macs are very easy machines to learn and use.

(hmmm, wondering if this post will start a Mac/Microsoft war on ThaiVisa! :o )