Wife Got Settlement Visa To The Uk

3 weeks ago my thai wife and i , went to the uk embassy in bangkok, after our 10 week wait.i provided a holdhall full of, emails, letters, postcards, phonecards, photos, marriage papers, mortgage details, photos of the accomadation in london,bank statements, basically everything.

she went in for around 15mins, came out with bad news, she didnt get the visa, she was told to come back next week, after 1pm, with her wage slips.anyway to cut a long story short, everyone in that reception area that day, didnt get a visa.we returned on the monday with the wage slips, my wife had no interview, waited around for an hour or so, and she was summoned to the window, where we were told she had the settlement visa, 5 or 6 other couples after us, also all got visas.i leapt for joy, and went and booked tickets for 2 back to the uk.

after a few days shopping for jumpers, and coats etc, and saying goodbye to her family etc at the airport. 15 hrs later we arrived in london.

2 weeks down the line, shes freezing in london, and hates the food.we now have a different lot of problems to contend with, but im glad, really.

if i can help anyone, worried about going for an interview, please get in touch.

also if anyone thai is reading this, would they like to get in touch, as my wife is missing all her friends, and only knows 1 other thai person in london.

p.s................ does anyone know where we can get, thai green tea in london, its not the same as the chinese green tea.............................

If anyone thai is reading this, would they like to get in touch, as my wife is missing all her friends, and only knows 1 other thai person in london.

p.s................ does anyone know where we can get, thai green tea in london, its not the same as the chinese green tea.............................

You're probably better off asking these questions at www.thailand-uk.com, but for green tea you could always try Tawana Supermarket or Sri Thai Supermarket at 56 Shepherd's Bush Road.

I'm surprised the other Thai has introduced her to yet more. There are a lot of Thai wives in England. A good place to meet other Thais would be an English as a Second or Other Language (ESOL) course at the local technical college, if they do continuous enrolment in your area. If she can summon up the courage, the big supermarkets are not such bad places for meeting other Thais, though she'll have to put up with addressing a lot of Filipinas.

Have you found yourself a local wat yet? The most popular one is Wat Buddhapadipa, 14 Calonne Road, Wimbledon Parkside.