Xbox 360 Or Wii...?

Michaelaway

:o

Hey, out there!!

So, help me please:

1) Which system should I buy, XBOX or Wii, and why?

2) How much should I pay, and how many games can I get 'em to throw in? Are there other optional accessories I should get?

3) Where can I find this bargain?

Thanks a lot,

-Michael (in Pattaya)

:D

I'm an Xbox owner and recommend the Xbox. I have considered and been close to buying the Wii several times. I think the Wii is a great machine if you are going to either play it with the family or friends in a party atmosphere, or even if you want to use it to get fit. Otherwise if you want it for single player games then stick with the Xbox. The Xbox has more power and a much better selection of games.

1) Buy both! Everyone wants to debate which console is better, but seriously consider how 360 and wii compliment each other. Wii is a bit gimmicky and lacks power, the 360 has the best games and performance.

2 and 3) best place to buy? look at gcorners.com for BKK - their bundles are awesome - I got my 360 elite from there and then a wii -

1) Buy both! Everyone wants to debate which console is better, but seriously consider how 360 and wii compliment each other. Wii is a bit gimmicky and lacks power, the 360 has the best games and performance.

2 and 3) best place to buy? look at gcorners.com for BKK - their bundles are awesome - I got my 360 elite from there and then a wii -

:o

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. First of all, I'm in Pattaya and rarely get up to Bangkok, but I'll take a look at their website, thank you. But, since you own both, can you tell me more of the differences between the 2 systems; you know, the pluses & minuses? I believe that they can compliment each other but I can only invest in one...

:D

pluses and minuses of xbox 360 vs wii

Wii positive sign, the feel and playing games are different than anything I've experienced so far. It does have a fun factor in some ways, plus the system is cheaper than xbox 360. Hardware reliablity should be far stable than the red ring of death. Games are very affordable due

Wii negatives, to many crappy games out there for one. Wii only plays games nothing else, if you want to use it as a dvd player you'll have to hack the system. Have only a few games worth playing

Xbox 360 positives, can use with HDTV unlike the wii, Have lots of games available, but some awesomes games though. Can even be used a dvd player if you like. Xbox live play is awesome

Xbox 360 cons. RED RING OF DEATH. Cost is much higher than the wii. Games to get are high cost.

NOTE I bought my games, xbox 360 from singapore. I currently have

Tenchu

Gears of War 1 & 2

Grand Theft Auto

Fable 2

Hulk - game just sucks

Mid year I'll have prototype

Richb2004v2 didn't realize you had a xbox and your a linux user, speaking of which you get into the terminal commands yet

I have both systems and enjoy playing games that are exclusive to each system example Mario, Zelda for the Wii and Halo, Gears of War for the Xbox 360.

My girlfriend is into games available on Xbox live Acade (poker smash, Bomber man) and most Wii games. I prefer more FPS which are mainly on Xbox.The Wii is much more accessible for the family and for first time gamers and is really fun using the wii remote such sa Wii sports games.

I play 80% online so Xbox is the only way to go if you want the online experience. However I can only use original games so as not to be banned from Live but its worth it and games costs about 1,600 -2,000 baht a game.

Look for the most popular online games and its the same as buying two games in one as the online game can offer a different experience than the offline single player campaign play.

Forza 2 is great online (car simulation racer) making you buy and sell cars, upgrade and challenge.And the most popular First Person Shooters are Halo 3, COD 4,5 and Gears 2they are best enjoyed in teams to add the element of strategy and fun. Also sport games such Fifa 09 have set the benchmark for online play with teams allowing up to 20 players online 10 v10 with your own clubs and you can play as one position (it gets very serious...) but great fun!

I have both, and will echo the sentiments above.

Wii is more 'group fun' - its definitely a console to play with friends. The motion sensor controls really adds to the game play. It lacks the power and versatility of the 360 however. Wii is a bit cheaper at 11,000b (last time i looked) - games run at around 70-100b for the 'backup' games.

360 is more of a serious machine, its got the grunt of a good console, the games tend to be more serious, its good fun though. For me it also doubles as my main dvd player and pretty much a full time media extender (to stream tv series and movies from my pc) - my 360 is turned on for 4-5hrs a day and so far (fingers crossed) it hasn't over-heated. The over heating problem is still a valid concern though. 360 is more expensive at around 14,000b (last time i looked) games run at 100b each for the 'back up' games.

Conclusion: If you have a gf/wife or kids that you want to get into playing games with you, or if you intend to invite friends over for beers n games, then the Wii is the obvious choice. If your looking for a console that can 'do more' and you plan to play either solo or with a friend then the 360 is a good choice. However if you have the $$$ to spare, i would suggest getting both :o

Does the xbox still have overheating problems or 3 rings of death?

I wanted to buy a PS3 but 2 reasons. It doesn't play PS2 games anymore and I don't know where I can get games for the PS3. Xbox dvds are a plenty.

Looks like it. I bought a jasper 360 last weekend, no hdd and 256mb internal memory. You can check for jaspers by checking the power supply (should be 150w, not 174 or 203w). 13000 thb modded with iExtreme (apparently this one is undetectable, i was on live last night with no problems).

Apparently, the new 65NM fab'd GPU is cooler and uses less power - factors that caused the RRoD in the past. I'm happy to say i'm not on my second after holding out for it.

My gamertag is phazeyxbl, so if anyone fancies a game of L4D orGoW2, add me

Anyways, Wii for kids/parties, 360 for a more serious gaming session + great online abilities

Edited by phazey

I wanted to buy a PS3 but 2 reasons. It doesn't play PS2 games anymore and I don't know where I can get games for the PS3. Xbox dvds are a plenty.

Looks like it. I bought a jasper 360 last weekend, no hdd and 256mb internal memory. You can check for jaspers by checking the power supply (should be 150w, not 174 or 203w). 13000 thb modded with iExtreme (apparently this one is undetectable, i was on live last night with no problems).

Apparently, the new 65NM fab'd GPU is cooler and uses less power - factors that caused the RRoD in the past. I'm happy to say i'm not on my second after holding out for it.

Anyways, Wii for kids/parties, 360 for a more serious gaming session + great online abilities

Where did you get yours? Saphan Lek or in a mall?

I am really considering the 360 because the PS3 isn't quite there yet in terms of available games and hacking. Are all new 360 jasper models or are there some falcons left in some shops?

Can the memory and hdd be purchased for upgrade?

Where did you get yours? Saphan Lek or in a mall?

I am really considering the 360 because the PS3 isn't quite there yet in terms of available games and hacking. Are all new 360 jasper models or are there some falcons left in some shops?

Can the memory and hdd be purchased for upgrade?

Fashion Island (not sure quite where, 3rd floor, near toys r us, in one of the alleys). I can PM what i understand from the business card - guy speaks good english. The memory is internal, so included, you can buy 60GB drives separately. I saw some falcons (halo3 pack) so always check the power supply and rated voltage (150w & 12v - 12.1v)

• 2 weeks later...

Any day now I have a 46inch sony bravia hd tv being delivered.

I have a PS3 coming with it as it has one of the best blueray players

that you can buy,it will connect with wi-fi so i can surf the net as well.

Ihave never done any gaming so i might get into it.

I might get a Wii aswell as they seem like 2 different experiences.

Any day now I have a 46inch sony bravia hd tv being delivered.

I have a PS3 coming with it as it has one of the best blueray players

that you can buy,it will connect with wi-fi so i can surf the net as well.

Ihave never done any gaming so i might get into it.

I might get a Wii aswell as they seem like 2 different experiences.

scrap the ps3 & wii idea..

xbox360 is better.. ace combat 6 - wow !

xbox360 is better.. ace combat 6 - wow !

Hi

Are there any other games on the Xbox360 youu or anyone else can recommend?

no.. thats it. sorry.. (gta4's not bad though, is that on other platforms now? it originated on the supreme console this i know) :o