Ayurveda

femi fan

Does anyone know of any trained ayurveda practitioners in chiang mai, or surrounds?

I have come across the ayurveda centre in the old town, another one just beyond mae rim, and one out doi saket way, but they seem to be more like ayurveda centres aiming at tourists' business.

I'm particularly keen on finding a trained practitioner who can help me with general understandings of the discipline.

If others are interested in ayurveda, they're welcome to turn this into a sort of general thread on the topic.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, i've found out about dreddy's clinic which i think is in the hang dong area, maybe even in ban wang tan housing project. No time to do more research, but it looks promising.

Back later with more info that i get!

This thread seems to have died. My daughter has spent fruitless hours chasing up a practioner but to no avail. Any more news anybody ?

Well, i've found out about dreddy's clinic which i think is in the hang dong area, maybe even in ban wang tan housing project. No time to do more research, but it looks promising.

This thread seems to have died. My daughter has spent fruitless hours chasing up a practioner but to no avail. Any more news anybody ?

Do what I did:

Order yourself a copy of "Perfect Health" by Deepak Chopra online. Read it and by the time you've gotten to the end of it, you'll understand all the fundamental principles of the philosophy. Then go to the ayurvedic centre in the old town and discuss any specific health issues you have with the Thai practitioner there, she's pretty knowledgeable and with your own base of information to fall back on, you can decide for yourself whether her recommendations for treatment are any good. I did 10 days of panchakarma at their centre off the Canal road and though I had nothing to compare it with, every aspect of it seemed authentic and adhered to the principles of practice described in Perfect Health.

Do what I did:

Order yourself a copy of "Perfect Health" by Deepak Chopra online. Read it and by the time you've gotten to the end of it, you'll understand all the fundamental principles of the philosophy. Then go to the ayurvedic centre in the old town and discuss any specific health issues you have with the Thai practitioner there, she's pretty knowledgeable and with your own base of information to fall back on, you can decide for yourself whether her recommendations for treatment are any good. I did 10 days of panchakarma at their centre off the Canal road and though I had nothing to compare it with, every aspect of it seemed authentic and adhered to the principles of practice described in Perfect Health.

Can you be a bit more specific on address? Thanks in advance