Best Beach Near Bangkok

amy334

two girls from england are looking for the clean beach near bangkok, approx 2 hours away max. Need 1bdr appartment for like 13000 bht per month with internet

any suggestions?

My favorite town that may fit your needs is Hua Hin. The beach at Hua Hin is not spectacular, but it's a nice smaller resort town/city. Just a few kilometers away is Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park, which does have some very nice beaches.

If you must be 2 hours from Bangkok, then you are pretty much limited to only Hua Hin or Pattaya. I'd vote for Hua Hin (where the King has his palace by the way).

<snip>

Hua Hin, the water is not that beautiful (actually better than Pattaya, but not as good as Phuket in the South), but it is a nice place to be. Not real touristy, not that wild. Kind of a mellower version of Pattaya.

Edited by soundman
Removed inflamatory comment.

I would recommend Bangsaen Beach, an hour drive from Bangkok .

They can stay at a decent place there with that budget ,because most places there are affordable and available even during the tourists' high season.

Went to Bang Saen last weekend. Lots of people for the long weekend so a bit of rubbish about but only to be expected.This is my 4th visit in 6 months and like it more each time. Beach fine for swimming .Generally it is clean and the tiled walkway is swept every morning.

The Tide Resort is great and tidy :D It's a very harsh(general) judgment ;that Bangsean is dirty, it is only dirty in few areas where the people get stuffed during the weekends.

Try the Bangsaen Villa hotel,where there is that big beautiful restaurant in the middle of the water ,and it has the most delicious Thai-food in town. :o

what about koh samet, isnt it also cheap

Samet will take you around 4-5hrs by bus/songtaew/ferry to get to Koh Samet. But if you are ok with that then it's the best place close to Bangkok. Hua Hin is ok but I'm not a huge fan- it's more a destination for Thais to go for the weekend for some golfing, seafood, and possibly a stroll on the beach.

two girls from england are looking for the clean beach near bangkok, approx 2 hours away max. Need 1bdr appartment for like 13000 bht per month with internet

any suggestions?

2 hrs...hmmm....you've stated your accomodation budget, but what is your transport budget...can we use planes, helicopters and jetboats ?

as mentioned by titi - hua hin or koh samet

i did a tour of the beaches this trip and can say that koh samet has one of the best beaches in thailand - much better than anything u will find in the south - well except for the one that has no inhabitants or accommodation or anything in the east except for the one that has just one resort across from a larger island.

whyy koh samet - because if u look - u can still find a good beach with nice sand and very few people and contrary to what some will say - very reasonably priced compared to the other beaches AND it is only 3 to 3.5 hours by bus from bangers or if u take a taxi 2 to 2,5 hours then speedboat - 10 minutes to ur personal beach of choice.

but finding an apt. will be better in hua hin.

I recommend Hua Hin. I have been to Samet many times and I love it but there is practically NO private accomodation there. I know the island up and down and I've never seen private apartments for rent.

Yes, Samet is a national park.

I think two English girls would be better off biting the bullet and travelling to Samui, Phangnan or Phuket and renting somewhere.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

I recommend Hua Hin. I have been to Samet many times and I love it but there is practically NO private accomodation there. I know the island up and down and I've never seen private apartments for rent.

Yes, Samet is a national park.

I think two English girls would be better off biting the bullet and travelling to Samui, Phangnan or Phuket and renting somewhere.

2nd that opinion

any suggestions?

Koh Samet is not that nice anymore, Hua Hin is ok, Pattaya - no way, Koh Chang - ok. Try Rayong or further along Ban Phe Road. Or try to go south, Koh Lipe, Samui,Phi Phi !

I would have to opt for Bang Saen, not only is the beach OK, but there are few other foreigners, cheaper seafood, fairly good hotels and the added attraction of going to look at the feral monkeys on the hill just North of town. If only they would remove 80% of the umbrellas from the beach!

As a related question, if you're in Bangkok and want to do a real quick 1 day escape to see the sea (and not spend 5 hours in a bus going to Pattaya and back :o ), where would be the best place for that ? Accessible by bus or by taxi would be the best.

Ko Samet should fit the bill.

Silversand bar and resort is pretty cool with tables on the beach and good music and dancing. Mix of farang and young thais!

If you can live with fan then it is cheap otherwise expect to pay a big markup.

Cha am is great....cheap accomodation, good beach and great selection of restaurants although no Pizza Hut...Burger King etc so not your mini Majorca like Samui & Phuket etc. Also you can get to Hua Hin in 15 minutes if you want that and lots of bars open till 6.00am and after....and a lot cheaper than Samui etc

whyy koh samet - because if u look - u can still find a good beach with nice sand and very few people and contrary to what some will say - very reasonably priced compared to the other beaches AND it is only 3 to 3.5 hours by bus from bangers or if u take a taxi 2 to 2,5 hours then speedboat - 10 minutes to ur personal beach of choice.

Last time I drove back from Koh Samet it took me less than 1.5 hrs! Some taxis will drive that fast but you probably wouldn't want to risk it... hehe.

I believe there are some cheap guesthouses on the island that would be close to the price range for a whole month stay. Not one bedroom or internet, but that's what internet cafes are for!

Koh Samet has my favourite beaches this side of Koh Tao, and the nightlife is fun too. Also great fun racing my gf on rented quadbikes (ATVs) around the island, just gotta be careful on the way home at 3am :o

Also I don't understand the combination of 2hrs travel and an apartment? If you want to stay on a beach, why would you go to Bangkok? If you can relax the time constraint, Koh Tao is by night bus, leave BKK 9pm and arrive ~7am. Possible day trips from Koh Tao include Koh Phangan (full moon party), Koh Samui and the Ang Tong marine park. Speaking of Phangan, they had 50,000 tourists on NYE which means there are a lot of rooms available for bargaining the rest of the year!