"farang Murdered In Chiang Mai" - David Crisp Funeral Details

AndyCrisp2

It was my brothers wish that on his death he should be cremated in the local Thai Buddhist tradition. In accordance with his wishes a funeral has been arranged to take place at:

Wat Pa Phaeng, Tambon Changmoi, Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai.

There will be prayers for the funeral at 7:30 pm local on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the funeral itself will take place at 2 pm local on Thursday.

Once again I would like to thank all those who have expressed their regard for David and his work and their sadness at his death.

Sorry to hear of you loss, Andy. If it was Canada they would still be searching for the murderers, and if and when they finally caught them the perps would get a severe repremand by the judge and sent on their way.

Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Ditto.

To his family a suggestion:

You could keep David 'alive' to Chiang Mai people by sponsoring an education scholarship in his name. A compassionate Buddhist would even consider awarding the scholarship to the Akha community (the suspected murderers are Akha).

You could keep David 'alive' to Chiang Mai people by sponsoring an education scholarship in his name.

After speaking with the missus I have another idea the family may want to consider:

Sponsor something to benefit a poor Thai government or temple school.

For example, just along from Worowot Flower market and opposite the main post office is a small government school named Kamtieng Anusong. This is translated as a memorial for Khamtieng. Khamtieng was the wife of a member of the wealthy Chinese-Thai Nimmanheiman family and died near the end of the 19th century. Her husband built this school as a memorial to her life. 120 years after she died her memory is still alive and her husband's donation is still benefiting the local community. The students at this school are mainly children of market workers but also there are children from the Muslim community at the back of Wat Gate on the opposite side of the river.

If a music room at this school were commissioned and named David Crisp Anusong, his memory would live on in the local community benefiting local Thai music students for many years. I know a foreigner with a connection to the director of this school who I'm 99.9% sure would be willing and able to organise this for you. If you are interested, you can PM and I will forward his contact details.

Edited by Loaded

You could keep David 'alive' to Chiang Mai people by sponsoring an education scholarship in his name.

After speaking with the missus I have another idea the family may want to consider:

Sponsor something to benefit a poor Thai government or temple school.

For example, just along from Worowot Flower market and opposite the main post office is a small government school named Kamtieng Anusong. This is translated as a memorial for Khamtieng. Khamtieng was the wife of a member of the wealthy Chinese-Thai Nimmanheiman family and died near the end of the 19th century. Her husband built this school as a memorial to her life. 120 years after she died her memory is still alive and her husband's donation is still benefiting the local community. The students at this school are mainly children of market workers but also there are children from the Muslim community at the back of Wat Gate on the opposite side of the river.

If a music room at this school were commissioned and named David Crisp Anusong, his memory would live on in the local community benefiting local Thai music students for many years. I know a foreigner with a connection to the director of this school who I'm 99.9% sure would be willing and able to organise this for you. If you are interested, you can PM and I will forward his contact details.

Excellent idea. I would also support that and I am sure others posters on NationThaiVisa would too.

We have had a number of enquiries about whether we will be attending the funeral ourselves. Unfortunately this is not possible, for a number of reasons including the need to support David's elderly aunt in the UK.

However, the funeral is being organised by members of our Thai family, who will be attending the funeral on our behalf and acting in our interest in the subsequent resolution of my brother's affairs.

I think I've found it. Watpapaeng ( shown as Watpaphang on big map) วัดป่าแพ่ง

On left side of Muang Samut Road coming out of the city after junction Rattanakosin Rd before Kamthieng

bigmap ref GB 117

So, not on Changmoi Rd. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I think I've found it. Watpapaeng ( shown as Watpaphang on big map) วัดป่าแพ่ง

On left side of Muang Samut Road coming out of the city after junction Rattanakosin Rd before Kamthieng

bigmap ref GB 117

So, not on Changmoi Rd.

Hope this helps those going to the Wat

It was my brothers wish that on his death he should be cremated in the local Thai Buddhist tradition. In accordance with his wishes a funeral has been arranged to take place at:

There will be prayers for the funeral at 7:30 pm local on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the funeral itself will take place at 2 pm local on Thursday.

Once again I would like to thank all those who have expressed their regard for David and his work and their sadness at his death.

Andy,

You may remember me (I live in London and have known David for 30 years) but I was with David in Chiang Mai from 19th to 13th January. we went to many temples and he was very happy and very peaceful. He specifically asked me to take a photo of him at one temple and mail it to him. If you would like a copy let me know how I can mail it to you.

A very respectful service tonight. I hope many of David's friends will be able to come tomorrow 7.30 and Wednesday at 7.30

BUT please note the temple is NOT on Changmoi Road ( although it may be in Changmoi distict (tambon))

It is opposite the Chiang Mai Mail offices and is on the street called Muang Samut. Bigmap reference GB 117

Full address: Wat Papaeng ( or Paphang on big map)

tanon Muang Samut

Chiangmai

On left side of Muang Samut Road

So, not on Changmoi Rd. Please correct me if i am wrong.

That reflects the information of the two sources I found in my above post.

from the moat north east corner, head towards tesco lotus, first traffic lights turn right. first traffic lights turn left. it is on the left

David Brown wrote a wonderful eulogy for David Crisp that is in the current CM Expat News edition.

David also made a very eloquent speach at the funeral today, paying tribute to David. Good to see so many of David's friends, Farang and Thai turned out to say goodbye to David and pay their last respects.

RIP David

David Brown wrote a wonderful eulogy for David Crisp that is in the current CM Expat News edition.

David also made a very eloquent speach at the funeral today, paying tribute to David. Good to see so many of David's friends, Farang and Thai turned out to say goodbye to David and pay their last respects.

RIP David

Seconded, and the tribute from the classic car club and spirit house singers.

Most memorable were the two emotive eulogies - straight from the heart - from Sandy and Max who knew David from Edinburgh days when he helped them through studying in the UK and remained close friends. Their family organised the funeral arrangements, coming up from Bangkok, on all of the four days. Max referred to David as her "Dad" a wonderful complement from a Thai

We owe them much

RIP David