Opening An Office

mariner29

It all depends on your desire to be successfull or not. If you are looking to open the branch office in 6 weeks with the lack of knowlwge you have shown. you may want to review your expectations.

I would recomend you sit down with a good lawyer or accountant and discuss your plans.

Yes you will need a company to provide some protection to you, as you would in the UK. Whilst it is possible for a sole trader (only open to Thai citizens) to employ a foreigner it is not easy, especially in Pattaya, again an experienced lawyer or accountant will help you. If you are expecting to work in the business you will need a work permit, lawyer up. You may also want to check out the list of proffesions banned to foreigners. That leads to the pleasure of hiring local staff to do the work, that is a another bundle of joys you will encounter.

May be a look at the Pattaya section for the recent threads on lawyers would be a good investment in time.

Good luck

In 6 weeks yes we will have an office however it will not be fully opened until i have covered all the angles. I have emailed 4 without a reply and this has been planned for quite sometime.

IL pay a visit whilst out there and make an appointment with my wife.

Thanks

In 6 weeks yes we will have an office however it will not be fully opened until i have covered all the angles. I have emailed 4 without a reply and this has been planned for quite sometime.

IL pay a visit whilst out there and make an appointment with my wife.

Thanks

Are you aware that many businesses fail but are still required to pay taxes, or thousands to dissolve?

depending on your need. registering your business as a business entity (as versus to private entity) will give you a tax reduction power as well as limiting your liability. but then, again, you'll need bunch of paper work for tax/invoice purpose.

it's an one-day process to register your business entity (mainly either Company Limited or Limited Partnership). easy to setup, but tons of paperwork after that.

• 2 months later...

Go consult Thailand BOI (www.ThailandBOI.com - BOI Application Service For Foreigners Investing in Thailand).

Go ahead. Nothing to worry much. Just contact them. They'll service you like a one-stop-shopping center. Good luck!