Web Store - Processing Payments?

lazerguy

I don't want solutions like PayPal, but a real merchant account like worldpay. It would be for physical products that would be shipped internationally. The company is based in Thailand. Right now the payment gateway would be used for retail only.

PayPal should only be used if there is no other choice. I would go with worldpay. PayPal users will drain noob sellers dry, its a scammers paradise, unless you send to a confirmed address (cc matches address) via courier with online tracking you will loose every single time some one files a dispute. If your sending items that are of low value your not going to be sending that item via courier, its to expensive. Once people get to learn your PayPal account is an easy target to file disputes with their friends, family next door neighbour and pet dog will be ordering and hitting you with unreceived item disputes left right and center. Ive been selling online for 8 years and know all the tricks that the scum bags pull.

Edited by juniorboysown

• 1 month later...

I am in the process of updating my website to accept on line payments for condoms products which are low value items that I intended to send domestically and internationally via Thai postal service with tracking number. I did intend to use PayPal since I already have a verified merchant account and I wanted to give customers an alternative to credit card payment, 2checkout was recommended. After reading the previous post I'm having second thoughts about using PP. Wondering if using a tracking number would dissuade unreceived item dispute scammers.

I originally seached for this thread because I'm having trouble accepting Thai Baht payments on PayPal. I'm using 3 currencies, baht, dollars and euros. Just testing the checkout process and no problem with dollars or euros but when I try to pay through PayPal using baht I get this message:

"This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency."

I've already set my payment receiving preferences like this:

"Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Yes

No, accept them and convert them to U.S. Dollars

Ask Me"

Even though I checked the "accept them" option I think I'm getting the "ask me" option. Ayone one else have a problem like this or a suggestion as to how to correct it to accept Thai Baht?

I will contact PP, but before I do just thought I'd ask here. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

You could use (2c2p com) or (paysbuy com). They have a feature from (dccservice com) called DCC for dynamic currency conversion so your customers can buy and fix the price in their own currency to avoid waiting (for the unknown rate). You could open a merchant account at TBank.

You could use (2c2p com) or (paysbuy com). They have a feature from (dccservice com) called DCC for dynamic currency conversion so your customers can buy and fix the price in their own currency to avoid waiting (for the unknown rate). You could open a merchant account at TBank.

Correction: At the moment paysbuy is the best option as 2c2p is not live in Thailand.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thaiepay is especially good if you want to accept Thai Baht in payment. 2Checkout.com is a standard credit card payment gateway. PayPal has now become a very good credit card payment option as well as handling PayPal members and shouldn't be under-rated.

I've been using Paypal for a few years and have found them to be OK for what I need. Yes, you do have to be aware of suspect charge-backs and disputes, but if you screen your customers properly, there shouldn't be any problems.

Edited by JackKern

Thaiepay is especially good if you want to accept Thai Baht in payment. 2Checkout.com is a standard credit card payment gateway. PayPal has now become a very good credit card payment option as well as handling PayPal members and shouldn't be under-rated.

I've been using Paypal for a few years and have found them to be OK for what I need. Yes, you do have to be aware of suspect charge-backs and disputes, but if you screen your customers properly, there shouldn't be any problems.

I accept PayPal payments daily with no problems - I think a very small and vocal percentage of people have problems with PayPal.

I accept PayPal payments daily with no problems - I think a very small and vocal percentage of people have problems with PayPal.

Trust me on the day you get your funds frozen for 6 months you'll become vocal too.

I thought I was safe; been using them for 5 years, and thought all the stories about closed accounts were B.S....now I know better.

I am in the process of updating my website to accept on line payments for condoms products which are low value items that I intended to send domestically and internationally via Thai postal service with tracking number. I did intend to use PayPal since I already have a verified merchant account and I wanted to give customers an alternative to credit card payment, 2checkout was recommended. After reading the previous post I'm having second thoughts about using PP. Wondering if using a tracking number would dissuade unreceived item dispute scammers.

I originally seached for this thread because I'm having trouble accepting Thai Baht payments on PayPal. I'm using 3 currencies, baht, dollars and euros. Just testing the checkout process and no problem with dollars or euros but when I try to pay through PayPal using baht I get this message:

"This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency."

I've already set my payment receiving preferences like this:

"Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Yes

No, accept them and convert them to U.S. Dollars

Ask Me"

Even though I checked the "accept them" option I think I'm getting the "ask me" option. Ayone one else have a problem like this or a suggestion as to how to correct it to accept Thai Baht?

I will contact PP, but before I do just thought I'd ask here. Thanks.

what country is your paypal account? ie is it linked to thai bank account or .....?

If its not Thai, this would be the reason