I Will Return To Post Of Prime Minister: Thaksin

george

Thaksin vows to expose those behind his ouster

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has sworn to expose those behind the movement to remove him from power.

Thaksin told supporters in a phone-in address at a political gathering in Chiang Mai yesterday he would unmask those involved in the movement that succeeded in toppling him from power during his next phone-in at a Sanam Luang rally on Thursday.

Thaksin claimed General Panlop Pinmanee, the former Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) Deputy Chief, had provided him with convincing information on the movement.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1384...hind-his-ouster

Soap opera. I will name name s again and again. Who can he name that will shock? His drones have already named Prem abotu a hundred times. Its just the old the story deoesnt end here cliffhanger to draw the audience for the next installment.

His use of rude language about Anupong also gives away an increasing frustration and maybe lack of control. Times are hard for Thaksin and not helped by the stuff doing the reounds about him in areas in never previosuly got to. His phone in a day cannot compete with what flies arounf informal and trusted networks and Thaksin knows this. That is why time is of the essence and why he must bring the government down now. To do that he needs a huge turnout. That his gang failed to fill the Chiang Mai arena (according to MCOT photo) which is his heartland doesnt bode well for the 300K claimed for the next rally. We will however, see.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin vows to return as Prime Minister.

He is a convicted criminal on the run from the Thai justice system.

As a convicted criminal, his visa privileges have been canceled in several important countries. U.K., Japan, U.S.A.)

Do people actually believe that this felon has the authority to lead Thailand again? :o

As a convicted criminal, his visa privileges have been canceled in several important countries. U.K., Japan, U.S.A.)

Do people actually believe that this felon has the authority to lead Thailand again? :o

He does, so do his ardent supporters, so do some leftists although for ulterior motives. For now however, these groups are smaller than they were.

610x-7.jpg

A comic book, titled " Thaksin's Life", on display in Bangkok, 19 October 2006. Ousted Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra, who fled to London following last month's coup, is back as a comic book hero with an unfinished mission to help the poor.

30043377-01.jpg

Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat, author of ‘Thaksin, Where Are You?’, beams as she shows a copy of her book. She later broke into tears when asked about an investigation into her travel to London to interview Thaksin without proper authorisation.

30048204-01.jpg

After a long wait, the public has finally heard from singer Saranrat "Lydia" Wisutthithadato, who stated emphatically: "I'm not Thaksin's gig, 200 per cent." The singer released her book "Lydia … Here I am!" yesterday and met the press for the first time since the news broke about her relationship with Thaksin.

The boon to the publishing world continues...

More details of this scheme, he said, will be reported in the upcoming book entitled 'Thaksin, Are You Okay?', which is set to be released at the end of this month. The book is written by the same author who wrote the controversial 'Thaksin, Where Are You?'.

- TOC / 2009-03-23

The boon to the publishing world continues...

More details of this scheme, he said, will be reported in the upcoming book entitled 'Thaksin, Are You Okay?', which is set to be released at the end of this month. The book is written by the same author who wrote the controversial 'Thaksin, Where Are You?'.

- TOC / 2009-03-23

Wow?

Edited by Journalist

You can't fool all the people all the time, Thaksin has long given up on making sense for his opponents, and now he's dropping off the "neutrals" as well. They are not going to march on Abhisit anyway, he needs to rally his hard core troops and for them he can spout any nonsense, as long as it comes from his lips.

That's the only strategy that might still work. He can appeal to detractors later on, when their support would matter.

After today it gets a little harder for Thaksin to return

If Thaksin ever returns, except in handcuffs, I will dance naked around Democracy Monument for one entire day - to be determined by Koo.

Hmmmm, given that Thaksin is never out of the limelight it might be a good idea to get in training for your dancing marathon. Perhaps Koo might be willing to forego the naked bit though........nothing worse than a burnt member :o

Guest Reimar

From TOC

Thaksin: Former PM Surayud Masterminds 2006 Coup

UPDATE : 23 March 2009

The ousted Prime Minister revealed in his address to a red-clad audience, that Surayut Chulanont, Thailand's 24th Prime Minister and head of the Interim Government, was the mastermind behind the 2006 coup that removed him from power. He will address the red shirts again at a rally scheduled for March 26.

Thaksin Shinawatra spoke at a red-shirt gathering in Chiang Mai province via video link yesterday. He said he regrets that he is unable to attend his sister's funeral in Chiangmai.

63-year-old Yaowaluck, who had been in and out of the hospital because of kidney problems, died on Saturday night after her condition worsened following a blood infection.

Thaksin went on to make a series of controversial claims. He alleged that, at the recent no-confidence debate, which Abhisit survived, some Phue Thai MPs were bought off. He said they were bribed with 200,000 baht cash and promises that their districts would be allotted 2 million baht in the upcoming budget allocation. More details of this scheme, he said, will be reported in the upcoming book entitled 'Thaksin Are you okay?', which is set to be released at the end of this month. The book is written by the same author who wrote the controversial 'Thaksin Where are you?'.

In regard to the 2006 coup, he said General Pallop Pinmanee พัลลภ ปิ่นมณี had informed him that General Surayut Chulanont สุรยุทธ์ จุลานนท์ was the mastermind behind plans to assassinate him and overthrow his government. Thaksin claimed that he was framed with the accusation of disloyalty to the Monarchy--an accusation Thaksin insists is completely untrue.

He added that he will reveal much more information he has kept secret at the major red-shirt rally, scheduled for 26 March in Bangkok. He will also talk about solutions to the ongoing political turmoil and economic crisis. He is confident that if he becomes Prime Minister again, he can solve the country's crisis.

Thaksin also spoke against the government's plans to borrow from international financial institutions, and plans to use the money to invest in infrastructure projects. He said the money should be spent to create more jobs, not for political purposes. He forecasts that the Thai economy will end down 2-3 per cent this year and, should the government fail to stimulate the economy, public debt could reach 50 per cent of GDP.

Guest Reimar

From TOC

Deputy PM:Thaksin's Phone-in Causes Controversy

The deputy prime minister says former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is only trying to divide the country and create controversy with his latest phone-in speech, in which he accused senior members of the judiciary and the Privy Council of plotting against him before he was removed from office.

At the Government House, Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban expressed confidence that the public would be able to judge Thaksin's motives for making such controversial claims. He said the media and the public can recognize that Thaksin and the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship only intend to stir hostility and divide the country.

He said the government has not been ignoring Thaksin's attempts to create trouble, but added that any action against Thaksin must be conducted according to the law. He described Thaksin's actions so far as merely trouble-making, but said if anyone becomes a victim of his speeches then legal action would be taken.

Suthep declined to comment specifically on Thaksin's allegations that senior members of the judiciary and Privy Council had plotted to assassinate him, then to remove him in a military coup, saying only that it was clear what Thaksin was attempting to do.

Guest Reimar

From TOC

Judge Denies Thaksin's Allegations

A Constitutional Court judge has denied allegations by former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra that he was involved in planning the coup against him, while a former chief of internal security denies involvement in an alleged assassination attempt against Thaksin.

Constitutional Court Judge Charan Pakdeethanakun dismissed as nonsense Thaksin's claim, made during a phone-in speech yesterday evening, that he held a meeting with other senior officials to plan ways to remove Thaksin from office ahead of the September 2006 coup.

Meanwhile, former chief of Internal Security Operations Command, General Panlop Pinmanee , denied Thaksin's allegation that he was involved in planning an assassination attempt against Thaksin with the use of a car bomb.

In his speech yesterday, Thaksin accused Privy Councillor General Surayut Chulanon of leading the plan against him. Also involved in planning his ouster, according to Thaksin, were Pramote Nakhontap , Supreme Administrative Court President Akaratorn Chularatana , and Privy Councillor Chanchai Likitchitta.

Thaksin claimed the group planned to assassination him with a car bomb, and to launch a military coup against him if that failed. General Surayut was named prime minister by the military government following the September 2006 coup.

Thaksin claimed that General Panlop informed him of the details of the plot against him while meeting him secretly in China. General Panlop acknowledged meeting with Thaksin near the end of last year but declined to give details of the meeting.

If Thaksin ever returns, except in handcuffs, I will dance naked around Democracy Monument for one entire day - to be determined by Koo.

Let's bet.

I love to see Khun Thaksin return but I don't expect to see you naked. Police may catch you. Our culture doesn't allow that.

KhunT.jpg

Edited by Koo82

Thaksin appears to be more and more desperate to gain more attention.

He is phoning in more frequent and within 7 days, he is phoning in yet again.

Let's see how many more calls he can make with interest to hold his red shirt rallies attention! :o ( or their attention is subject to $ power? :D )

Let's bet.

I love to see Khun Thaksin return but I don't expect to see you naked. Police may catch you. Our culture doesn't allow that.

Unless you're actor Mum Jokmok, who ran naked all the way across Bangkok's crowded Victory Monument for the movie, The Bodyguard.

His cosying up to Panlop Pinmanee reveals yet more about how he'll stop at nothing to get his power back. Panlop being the guy who left the PAD leadership in disgust that they wouldn't resort to his ways of violence. Looks like Thaksin and the Redshirts, don't have those qualms about violence. As long as they get what they want. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thaksin in the new Hobbit movie. He could play the part of Gollum, no acting required. "Give me back my preciousss money and power".

As Dave Barry would say, Thaksin and The Redshirts would make a good name for a band. The trouble is, they promise much, but are never able to come up with anything. It seems the only thing they ever do at all their gatherings so far is advertise the next one, pay those who turned out and go home again.

Thaksin appears to be more and more desperate to gain more attention.

He is phoning in more frequent and within 7 days, he is phoning in yet again.

Let's see how many more calls he can make with interest to hold his red shirt rallies attention! :o ( or their attention is subject to $ power? :D )

It also makes a mockery of all those who come on here trying to say supporting the red shirts doesn't equate to supporting Thaksin, when the highlight of their rallies seems to be his phone in.

Ex-PM Thaksin makes satellite visit to UDD Chiang Mai rally

1237772987.jpg

Thailand’s ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra addressed his supporters via a satellite-linked video conference at a United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) gathering in the northern province of Chiang Mai on Sunday, attacking Abhisit Vejjajiva's government on economic policies.

The red-shirted anti-government UDD supporters gathered at a so-called "Roving Truth Today" political talk show at a stadium in Chiang Mai, a stronghold and the hometown of ex-premier Thaksin, now a fugitive.

The former prime minister spoke from an undisclosed location, greeting his supporters in the northern Lanna Thai dialect and vigorously attacked the Democrat-led coalition government's economic policies.

Mr. Thaksin said that Mr. Abhisit’s government did not respond correctly to resolve Thailand’s current economic problems, and that the government action is leading the public to greater suffering.

The ousted leader also told his Red Shirt supporters how he was deposed from the premiership and who had been involved.

Mr. Thaksin expressed sorrow regarding the death of his eldest sister, Ms. Yaowaluck, who died of heart failure late Saturday night, but said he could not return to Thailand to pay last respects to her and to participate her funeral.

Ms. Yaowaluck was admitted at Bangkok's Phra Ram 9 Hospital in April last year, and was treated since then for chronic kidney disease and diabetes.

Removed from power in a bloodless military coup in September 2006, the ex-premier was found guilty by Thailand’s Supreme Court last year of violating the country’s conflict of interest laws in regard to a land purchase on Bangkok's Ratchadapisek Road by his then wife.

Mr. Thaksin's current address has not been disclosed.

Source: TNA - 23 March 2009

Gloomy figures in the polls for the red shirts regarding the censure debate, even Chalerm couldn't reach 50% in the approval ratings and whilst 41% wanted Kasit removed, the figures were very low for the others censured.

So street protests are the only way to remove the government in the near future, but any violence will surely backfire on the reds. Never mind, the leaders undoubtedly enjoy using Thaksin's money and it keeps them employed in these difficult times.

His cosying up to Panlop Pinmanee reveals yet more about how he'll stop at nothing to get his power back. Panlop being the guy who left the PAD leadership in disgust that they wouldn't resort to his ways of violence. Looks like Thaksin and the Redshirts, don't have those qualms about violence. As long as they get what they want. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thaksin in the new Hobbit movie. He could play the part of Gollum, no acting required. "Give me back my preciousss money and power".

As Dave Barry would say, Thaksin and The Redshirts would make a good name for a band. The trouble is, they promise much, but are never able to come up with anything. It seems the only thing they ever do at all their gatherings so far is advertise the next one, pay those who turned out and go home again.

Anupong rejects Thaksin's murder plot

Army chief Anupong Paojinda on Tuesday refuted deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's accusation that he was involved with the plot to assassinate him. Gen Anupong, however, refused to comment on Thaksin's claim that Privy Councillor and former prime minister Surayud Chulanont was behind the September 2006 coup which overthrew his government and sent him into exile.

"Issues relating to the coup are finished. The country is facing a serious economic crisis and we should consider ways to solve it," said the army chief. People can have different views, but they should not resort to violence, he said.

More from the Bangkok Post here.

He does, so do his ardent supporters, so do some leftists although for ulterior motives. For now however, these groups are smaller than they were.

Indeed, it may be time to start crooning his anthem "And now. The time has come. I have to face the final curtain!...

And not before time, I might add. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Thailand: A country where anyone can be PM (and they don't even have to grow up)!

I certainly didn't care much for Thaksin, but Abhisit isn't quite the shining star I thought he would be.

It is rather shortsighted to declare after only a few months and while an economic crisis is raging around the world, including Thailand, to declare the incompetence of the prime minister and his Government.

Everywhere around the world Governments don't really know what to do and are groping around in Pandora's box.

Al in all, the Government of Mr Abhisit is not doing badly at all.

Anyway, he does a better job as Mr Brown and Mr Sarkozy and Mrs Merkel in Europe.

Even Mr Obama still has to prove his merit.

Desperate Thaksin poised to "bark" louder than ever

So, the "tame dog" is all set to remote control tomorrow (March 26) what his supporters proclaim will be the biggest political rally since the October 14, 1973 uprising - after following up on his "absolute loyalty" claims with a stinging attack on key Privy Council members, that is.

Desperate times call for desperate measures and, in this case, desperate measures will be the last nail in Thaksin Shinawatra's coffin. He has been swinging back and forth from appearing hopeless (I'm docile now, please allow me back) to being extremely mad (I'm ready to die), to delusional (Only the people's power can bring me home). Over the past few days, the despair, the madness and the delusions have combined spectacularly to get the better of him.

The red-shirt (anti-government) crowds tomorrow will be big enough to make headlines. They may even be big enough to lay a sustained siege to Government House and give Thaksin's enemies a taste of their own medicine. But they simply won't be enough to bring him home.

Thaksin should know this better than most, but his back is now against the wall. With his world shrinking, financial resources dwindling and parliamentary backing in danger of being neutralised, he has no choice but throw some wild punches. He must be thinking, "Of course, the chances are slim, but if half a million people turn out, who knows?"

After the Pheu Thai Party failed to hold on to power, the Thaksin machine seemed to be cooling off fast, but now it risks getting overheated as its leader has decided to go for broke. The phone-ins have become virtually a daily event, suggesting Thaksin is ready to sacrifice the bigger impact of rare, well-timed contact in order to make sure tomorrow's gathering will be massive. And the direct attack on the Privy Council helped to quash any doubt whether the man has gone past the point of no return.

The rally may bruise his enemies, but Thaksin is fighting a losing battle. Why? Because unlike the post-coup Thaksin, who was then a political refugee, he is now a criminal on the run - and whatever happens politically in Thailand cannot change that fact. Thaksin can return to the country and escape jail only on one condition - if his followers seize back not just state, but also legal and constitutional powers.

Such an upheaval is impossible and Thaksin knows it. Although he is still loved by a large section of the population, so were Joseph Estrada and OJ Simpson in their own countries. It requires far more than the love of a man or sympathy for him to trigger a revolution, let alone in a country as divided over one person as Thailand.

Optimists in the Thaksin camp may believe that it doesn't have to be an upheaval, and that a massive show of force will give them enough momentum and pave the way for a switch in power in the future. They may be confident that if hundreds of thousands of people show up, it will be a good investment for the next election, after which a victorious pro-Thaksin party can realise his dream return.

Those believers have forgotten how the exact same strategy blew away the Samak Sundaravej and Somchai Wongsawat governments. The Samak administration was even spared the complications of Thaksin's court conviction, which came during Somchai's short-lived era. For any future government, the court ruling will be more than a sleeping tiger that isn't supposed to be touched.

The Thaksin network has been trying to undermine the credibility of the Thai courts. Whether they have succeeded does not matter as long as the grim consequences of the verdict are concerned - the man will have to go to jail once he sets foot in Thailand. This inevitability is, on the one hand, why he has to put up a desperate fight, and, on the other hand, why the fight will be futile.

The "tamed dog" won't show repentance tomorrow. It will be a day when he barks fiercely. He will blame everything but himself for the state Thailand is in. He won't admit that the concealment of shares, the evasion of tax and the purchase of the Ratchadapisek land plot were major ethical flaws that sent the country down a slippery slope. And he will preach all kinds of democratic principles, ones that he never admits he started to advocate only when it was already too late.

Our job is simply to watch - and not mistake his eventual break or fatigue as a sign that he has been tamed.

Source: Asia News Network - 25 March 2009

Criminal court rejects Thaksin's suit against Sondhi

The Criminal Court Wednesday rejected a libel lawsuit filed by the Thai Rak Thai Party and former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra against Sondhi Limthongkul and 10 other people.

Thaksin and the defunct party alleged that Sondhi and 10 other people had wrongfully accused the Thaksin administration of trying to change the country's ruling system in line with the so-called Finland declaration.

The suit said the defendants, who included Chiermsak Pinthong and Chai-anan Samudvanijaya, made the allegations during a seminar at Thammasat University on May 24 2006.

But the court announced Wednesday that it had reviewed all evidence and did not find any statement of the defendants, which alleged that the two plaintiffs were involved in the drafting the so-called Finland declaration.

The declaration was reportedly a blueprint for changing the system from the Constitutional Monarchy.

The court also ruled that the seminar was done in good faith by the media and academics to question the administration style which appeared to affect the national interests so the defendants were not wrong to criticize Thaksin and the Thai Rak Thai.

- The Nation / 2009-03-25

Edited by sriracha john

Court deniesThaksin's lawsuit against Sondhi on Finland Declaration case

The Criminal Court today (March 25th) rejected a libel lawsuit filed by former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra against core-leader of the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) Sondhi Limthongkul and other ten people allegedly accusing Thaksin of plotting a one-party administration.

The other ten people sued by the ousted premier include former Senator Chirmsak Pinthong, Chaianan Samudvanija, and Pramote Nakornthap, as well as executives of Thai Day and Manager companies.

Thaksin alleged that the eleven people wrongfully accused the dissolved Thai Rak Thai Party and him of trying to hold on to their power under the plan called “Finland Declaration” during a seminar at Thammasat University on May 24th, 2006.

The court ruled that the plaintiffs only expressed their opinions to the government’s policies which were likely to affect the interests of the country despite harsh language.

- ThaiNews / 2009-03-25

Former PM files defamation charges against FM

Deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra today (March 27) sent his attorney to file defamation charges against the Minister of Foreign Affairs at the Criminal Court pertaining to the minister's insinuation that he wished to establish Thailand as a republic and position himself as president.

Attorney to Thaksin, Udom Brongfah, this morning traveled to the Ratchada Criminal Court to file defamation charges against Minister of Foreign Affairs Kasit Piromya, Thai Day dot com Company, and ASTV.

The charges were motivated by comments made by Kasit on the People's Alliance for Democracy stage on 3, 11, and 29 November 2008 when he accused Thaksin of wishing to form a republic.

Udom's case file dismissed the accusations and indicated that the sentiments had caused damages to the former Prime Minister. The Criminal Court had accepted the case and scheduled an initial hearing for June 1.

Udom stated that whether or not the charges would be pursued in the Civil Court was yet to be decided.

- ThaiNews / 2009-03-27

One case gets pitched to the garbage dump on...

Court denies Thaksin's lawsuit against Sondhi on Finland Declaration case

- ThaiNews / 2009-03-25

and another new one gets filed on...

Former PM files defamation charges against FM

- ThaiNews / 2009-03-27

Edited by sriracha john