Am I Advotacting A Racist Policy In Thailand?

ourmaninbangers

Remember that Thai is not a race; there are many Caucasian Thais and Indian Thais, etc. Thailand did not even exist 100 years ago! Why not go with a sliding scale, fee based on ability to pay? Seems fair.

Hallejulah to that, brother ! Quite a few Thais think they are, as do their constant apologists..

I have a friend who drives a London black taxi cab for a living in London. He works as a cabby for six months of the year and spends the other six months in Thailand. A few weeks ago, whilst working in London, he picked up a Thai gentleman from Charing Cross station in London. The Thai gentleman had to go to an important business meeting in the west side of town. The Thai gentleman was wearing a business suit and spoke very good english. They spoke about Thailand on the journey.

Once they arrived at the destination my friend told him the fare would be 20 English pounds.

"20 pounds?" The Thai gentleman exclaimed, "It only says 10 pounds on the meter!!!!"

"Yes," my friend said, "But you are in England now."

As would luck would have it they both saw the funny side of it and the fare charged was 10 quid.

Why are concessions rascist?

Are leisure centres rascist in the west because they admit entry to senior citizens for less money (because they have less money) sometimes you have to apply new rules and systems for different situations :D

Off topic, but perhaps you are confusing racism with ageism - or in this case reverse ageism. :o

And your blanket statement that "they have less money" is, well, perhaps we should say 'unresearched.' :D

Now, back to the original topic.....

if the guy is n't after a profit but wants to cover costs,as a business person he will have to work out how many patrons he needs at what price to cover those costs.he should work on same price for all,lowest fee possible.for example at 100baht per person per lesson,how many patrons would he need.start from there.i go to a gym,its 100 baht for all,thai,farang etc.

I might be "hammered" for this, but the idea seems to have been put together during a drinking session.

You know, one of those fairly good ideas we can come up with, that turns out to be harder to realize than one thought.

Here is on idea.

He wants to be fair, but does not know how? What about having a pay scale based upon the skills?

As more advanced training one requires, as more one pay.

So, the weak and most defenceless, get it cheaper than the already more skilled.

do it like the national parks: prices for Thai's and non-Thai's

-> anybody who can show a workpermit also get Thai prices

not according to the many threads that cite examples. Anyway, back to the dilemma. How about special vouchers that you can give out to some charitable organizations?

The local youth clubs? The Thai social service organizations know who is poor and who isn't. Trying to judge yourself will result in grief. Hand that decision off to people that work with the poor and know need when they see it.

Thais are rascist as hel_l and your dual pricing policy is just that no matter that a 'friend' gets a scholarship. Dual pricing is unfair, how would you screen the 'poor' foreigner to ensure he gets lower rates? As has been pointed out, would Thaksin's daughter need a discount? Sounds to me like you're just trying to make the most money possible despite what you say about non-profit.

I think most people are a bit racist unfortunately- that doesn't mean we have to be though

you are totally wrong , way, way wrong about trying to make the make money.... you are most welcome to come and see this friendly new club

what made you say that exactly?

check it out for yourself please and you will see how wrong you are

I understand how there a many cowboys in this city and you are entitled to your opinions

but it is a sad thing when people automatically assume this when someone is trying to do something good

there will be an opening

you are very welcome

I didn't mean to say Thais were exclusive in being rascist. Checking out your club will show me nothing about your financial policies, I still say dual pricing is unfair!