Help Or Advise Please

I am returning to Bangkok at the beginning on March after being in the UK or the last 12 months - The dilemma I have is that I have no idea how long I will spend in Thailand - I dont want to return this year and would ideally like to come back in May 2010 -

However my understaning is that a ticket purchased is only valid for 1 year so if I travel to Thailand on the 2nd March 2009 I have to return on that ticket by 1st March 2010.

I know the option would be just not return and buy a single ticket from Thailand to the UK in May 2010 but going from Bangkok to London is so much more expensive than the other way - and if i bought a return i would be always paying more

Does anyone have any experience of this or maybe help out with my dilemma

Another option would be to get a return ticket coming back in Sept have a short holiday in UK and then get another return flight - but is this the only option ?????

Dave

If I were in your shoes I would buy a return ticket. There are some good deals LON-BKK with Qatar, Etihad and Emirates for 450-500 pounds round trip. It is not worth buying just a single with these airlines because the saving is only about 50 pounds.

Consider a one-way ticket to Bangkok with one of the terrible airlines that go from London: Kuwait, Biman, Iran, PIA, Omani. They all offer one way tickets to BKK for between 200-250 pounds. There will be a lot of waiting between connections, poor food quality, old aircraft and stinking fellow passengers but just think of the savings!