Ie Can't Find Website..which Exists

samran

Hi,

I've got a slightly annoying problem in that sometimes when I'm trying to access commonly used websites on my desktop IE that I'll get a returned message from google saying 'oops, this link appears to be broken'.

The thing is, it is highly unlikely that that website is down, but no matter how hard I trry, I still get the same message!

Any ideas on how to fix? Is it my internet provider (buddy) or a rouge setting on my IE responsible for this?

OP mention to use openDNS. I fully support his recommendation as most of these errors are caused due to crappy Thai ISP DNS

open DNS

and don't trust ISP customer service when they try to tell you you MUST use their DNS. It's simply not true.

Edited by webfact

try another isp,like google chrome,its quicker too.

Google's "Chrome" is an alternative internet browser to Microsoft's "Internet Explorer" - I doubt this would provide any help/improvement to the OP.

Thai Internet Service Providers are companies that provide the local connection to The Internet to you normally for a monthly or per use fee. This could be provided by wireless or ADSL down the phone line, as part of this service they will normally provide you with the details to configure either your computer or the router to which your computer connects with details of the ISP's "website lookup service" these are correctly called DNS servers. The DNS servers used by some Thai ISP have a tendency to be over worked or in some other way 'bad' - so a common solution to getting better 'lookups' is to change your DNS settings from the ISP provided ones to Open DNS.

Not too difficult even for a novice and worth the effort required to look up how to do it.