Lotr: The Battle For Middle Earth

Chailen

I got this game on December 23. If you purchase the Thai version, there is no way to change the game into English. EA games is also not going to import the English version into Thailand (copyright purposes). :o

There are two solutions to this:

1.) Send the original Thai game and $8.00 USD to EA Games and they will send you a US English version.

2.) Get the illegal version along with your Thai version. Unpack the .BIG files and replace them in your installation folder. Change the REGISTRY entry from "thai" to "english".

I don't support illegal warez, but I really can't read Thai... and I'm not very good at guessing. If anyone has seen an English version in Thailand, let me know, I really don't want to have to send my copy to EA games, it's a waste of time for something so simple. :D

You may be able to change the language in the options menu after the game is installed. I had my wife help me install and read the Thai options menu for me when I purchased Half-Life 2. The whole game is in English now.

You may be able to change the language in the options menu after the game is installed. I had my wife help me install and read the Thai options menu for me when I purchased Half-Life 2. The whole game is in English now.

Nope, not with EA Games' LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth.

Valve and Vivendi are munch nicer with Halflife and all their games (represented by BM Media here in Thailand). EA kindda want their game totally localized. They just can't give us the generic "SE Asia" version... gotta localize everything.... :o

I just realized something: This game is very much like the movie (all 9 hours of it...!) :o

It's a daunting task, maybe I'll shelf this game for now... my sister just got the LOTR: Return of the king DVD gift set (50 extra minutes) and I think I just had enough LOTR story-telling to last me until June.

Don't get me wrong, I love the books, but if I hear Orlando Bloom say "We are with you, Aragorn" one more time, I am going to burst.