German Charged With First Degree Murder Of Wife

george

German charged with first degree murder of wife

PATTAYA: -- Police have charged Gerhard Funck Detlef, 50, with first degree murder of his common law wife whose body was found near the Pattaya Courts on December 10. She was identified by relatives as Yim ‘Jeab’ Wangabklang, 35, a native of Kalasin.

Detlef was detained for visa overstay on December 20, as police investigators search his house for further evidence in the case. The house is located just over 100 meters from where the body was found.

Neighbors told police that pair argued constantly and on December 8 they were overheard arguing about money. Apparently the woman screamed for help before everything went silent. Neighbors alleged they saw Detlef take something out the back of the house in a black plastic bag.

During the search of the house on December 20, police found incriminating evidence, and later surmised that the motive financial. Detlef was allegedly involved in trafficking women overseas under the guise of a marriage agency. Police belief that 50,000 baht was transferred into Yim Wangabklang’s bank account, but she refused to pass it along to Detlef, which police surmise was the cause of the argument.

Gerhard Funck Detlef, denied all allegations, but was charged with murder in the first degree.

--Pattaya Mail 2004-12-31

A couple more incidents like this one and the Thais are going to get a bad impression of farangs. :o I hate to admit it, but Pattaya certainly gets more than it's share of disfunctional farang scum. We not only get the euro trash, but North America trash to go along with the Ozzie trash. Kinda like a big old heap of farang gargage making the rounds of the bars and discos. Not a pretty sight for ex-pats or Thais to look at. :D

Why live there anyway?

The country is big!

PS: It has it's fair share of local scum too, like attracts alike.

Well I have to agree with you there. My ex-pat friends that speak Thai fluently tell me Pattaya gets the scum of Thailand as well as the scum from the western countries. It is just that kind of town. I have lived in Las Vegas as well, so pretty used to constant influx of tourists and a 24hr town where it seems anything goes. Of course not everything is legal in either Vegas or Pattaya, but many visitors think it is. Leads to misunderstanding and arrests for the chronic stupid. :o