Was I Being A Cheap Charlie Or Not?

TheVinylMan

Like my girlfriend's two ex's (1 of them is a big poster on thaivisa) that gave her 100k a month and have begged her every single day for more than a year to come back. and btw she only slept with him once a month.

She slept with him once a month, for 100K?

Reminds me of this old joke where the guy asks the lady if she wants to sleep with him for a million dollars.

She says yes.

Then he asks if she wants to sleep with him for 50 dollars, and she replies: what the hel_l do you think I am?

He replies: I think we both know what you are, I am just negotiating the price now.

100K per night huh?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying an "allowance" to a Thai girl is essentially placing her in the position of a "Mia Noi" (or even possibly as low as a "gig") and then that will probably also be how she will perceive the relationship and by proxy color her perception of you role in relation to her.

you don't understand the term gig. Gig's dont get paid money. Ive been a gig many times.

Paying an "allowance" to a Thai girl is essentially placing her in the position of a "Mia Noi" (or even possibly as low as a "gig") and then that will probably also be how she will perceive the relationship and by proxy color her perception of you role in relation to her.

you don't understand the term gig. Gig's dont get paid money. Ive been a gig many times.

How about in the context of a "choo"? Is a "choo" entitled to an allowance?

Why would you pay your girlfriend to be a girlfriend? I am sorry, but I don't understand those posters who talk about an allowance. Would you do this at home? Of course not, why is it now acceptable here?

Seems to me that many men here are doing far more thinking with the little head than the big head and that is the cause of all their troubles, not some girl who is smart enough to get the money while she can. You are the one paying, so you are the only one responsible for getting ripped off, cheated, or used.

CAuse 90% of the people who post here and total life losers.

They dont understand that if a woman loves them, all they need is to pay for their rent,food and sometimes a gift here and there and if their gf want to buy clothes or cellphone related crap they can find a small income.

My gf takes care of the kid, the only $ i give her is to go buy our food, if she wants more baby clothes, creams and shit she gets herself about 20k a month doing stuff online and in a shop.

Anyone doing otherwise is a loser, no matter how many excuses they have. Like my girlfriend's two ex's (1 of them is a big poster on thaivisa) that gave her 100k a month and have begged her every single day for more than a year to come back. and btw she only slept with him once a month.. she actualy liked him but was a huge insecure pussycat even though he's pretty rich and decently good looking like most of the expats in their 20-30's

But my post will be deleted because a huge majority of the mods fall into this category.

Your post is still intact while mine is gone

Sure, if you're a "gig" to a regular/educated/professional woman, the same rules applies. They would never ask for money, would consider it shameful if you even offered them. In fact, that might risk ending your gig status!

OTOH, if the girl's a coyote dancer (here in Bangsaen, there's no open "bar fines" for dancers at Galaxy on Sukhumwit, they are just paid for drinks and the men also pay 300 baht every 40 minutes for them just to sit at the table with them, great deal...not!), and she's your "gig," she might not ask for money directly, but she will ask for you to take her out to eat, to the movies or shopping, to go on a trip, etc. She still has her pride, in a way, but she's not asking for money directly FOR sex, but it amounts to roughly the same thing.

You are no Cheap Charlie.

In rural Thailand especially places like Issan if the girl worked she may earn on average 4,000 Baht per month.

Now she has hit the jackpot, 20,000 a month, out of this she sends family 4,000 Baht.

So she is getting the equivelent of 4 months salary each month plus she doesn't have to pay for anything.

It is fair to give girlfriend something, after all she needs to be compensated for not working and have some financial independance, I think 10,000 would have been a better figure under the circustances.

Never divulge your bank accounts or financial situation, she now wants more because she sees you have plenty, this is plain greed but shows a lack of inexperience, because had she not raised the alarm, down the track you may have tied the knot, then purchased her a car or maybe built or bought a home in her name and then she could have ripped you off for the lot.

Why would you pay your girlfriend to be a girlfriend? I am sorry, but I don't understand those posters who talk about an allowance. Would you do this at home? Of course not, why is it now acceptable here?

Seems to me that many men here are doing far more thinking with the little head than the big head and that is the cause of all their troubles, not some girl who is smart enough to get the money while she can. You are the one paying, so you are the only one responsible for getting ripped off, cheated, or used.

:o:D:D:D:D:wai::P :jerk: :burp:

How are you sure you can trust her if she USED to accept sponsorship to the tune of 100,000 per month? You're telling me that "love" has over-ridden all of her financial desires? I just don't know of many women that can go from that type of money (crazy money here) and be so easily satisfied.

Maybe because she had a very hectic working load and she could only arrange a once a month arrangement to ""fit"" him in her schedule. :o

CAuse 90% of the people who post here and total life losers.

They dont understand that if a woman loves them, all they need is to pay for their rent,food and sometimes a gift here and there and if their gf want to buy clothes or cellphone related crap they can find a small income.

My gf takes care of the kid, the only $ i give her is to go buy our food, if she wants more baby clothes, creams and shit she gets herself about 20k a month doing stuff online and in a shop.

Anyone doing otherwise is a loser, no matter how many excuses they have. Like my girlfriend's two ex's (1 of them is a big poster on thaivisa) that gave her 100k a month and have begged her every single day for more than a year to come back. and btw she only slept with him once a month.. she actualy liked him but was a huge insecure pussycat even though he's pretty rich and decently good looking like most of the expats in their 20-30's

But my post will be deleted because a huge majority of the mods fall into this category.

I would die from curiosity just to find out who is that great (TV big poster)?? :o

your insights always make me chuckle.

No, I once embarrassed you so terribly on a particular thread, highlighting your gross misunderstanding of basic Thai culture, that you now simply follow me around the forum making comments like the above, hoping that making irrelevant condescensions may one day make you seem, so long as one does not look too hard, like you know something. It is not a lifestyle I would recommend, t.s, nor one that will lead you ultimately to any satisfaction. I'm really not that important. Feel free to quote that last sentence without the rest of what I wrote, for added effect. :o

People make value judgements all the time. I know from talking to my Master's degree students that most of them have Thai girlfriends married and living now in Northern Europe and none of them feel like they accorded the respect or dignity they should be when Europeans find out they're from Thailand. Many of them would like to come back home.

That is a shame, and you are right.

you embarrassed me? i believe the poster came back and said my read was correct and yours was wholly fabricated. you could go back and look, but why bother.

As for following you around, this is the first post i responded to of yours since. be sure I wont respond to anything of yours again. i am not one to feed the delusions of others. My own keep me plenty busy.

The original poster has stated that he and this girlfriend have now broken up (well his terms were a tad less kind or sensitive than that, but we shall be nice)

So, looks to me this thread has run its course.

///CLOSED///