Firefly - Penang

Tried on the web site and flights avail is zero in feb, good after mid march.

I no longer use travel agents (they eat too...the web sites no....) but with Firefly from SAmui it seems complicated to find a flight.

Do they have a ticket office at the airport?

I'm just trying to avoid a border run starting at 4 am :o ...

My friends flight to Penang in Feb was cancelled.

He now must fly KL-Penang.

I tried to talk to the girl in office that it would be easier for him to stay in KL but no -"Cost extra".

So take a flight to KL instead. (subang)

They have a office in Chaweng, right where the one-way street ends on the left side.

They do not fly daily, so you need to make sure you have the right day. When you are on their site, and you have chosen the day you want to fly and there are no flights, just click next or prev to move the day. I have used them for all my trips to Penang and I have had no problem at all. Just came back recently as I was in Penang for Chinese New Year celebration.

They do not fly daily, so you need to make sure you have the right day. When you are on their site, and you have chosen the day you want to fly and there are no flights, just click next or prev to move the day. I have used them for all my trips to Penang and I have had no problem at all. Just came back recently as I was in Penang for Chinese New Year celebration.

Done, gone up and down for all february with no luck.

march seems ok, but my visa end before march :o

If you have no luck with Firefly to KL , Bangkok Airways currently have a "special" to Singapore. Flight has been reduced to just over 10,600 baht return with all fees , taxes , etc.

About three thousand baht more than Firefly to KL , but for all their faults , Bangkok Airways reliability on the Singapore route is very good

If you have no luck with Firefly to KL , Bangkok Airways currently have a "special" to Singapore. Flight has been reduced to just over 10,600 baht return with all fees , taxes , etc.

About three thousand baht more than Firefly to KL , but for all their faults , Bangkok Airways reliability on the Singapore route is very good

Another alternative....Berjaya Air operate twice a week Samui to KL (Subang) with a DHC-7.

Why not get a 15 day extension??,then fly in Mid March??

march seems ok, but my visa end before march

Go to KL (subang)

Yes, Subang flights and hotel offer are avail but it seems twice the cost of Penang.

And the Penang cost was already a little high compared to a border run.....

And spending 10k to go to Singapore and come back on the same flight seem to me the worst way to spend 10k....

Assuming that they will swear they will take me back, the plane stop there for near 1 hour, but in theory if it is late, they close the check in and even if the actual airplane will depart late I will be stuck in Singapore, best airport in the world but not really for living... :o

Why not get a 15 day extension??,then fly in Mid March??

The OP stated no 4 AM visarun...

Extension is 7 days at 1900 baht and not sure like the standard 30 days...

I'll have to look around if there is anybody doing a border run with a later departure, i can be back at night, i really don't understand that early start. They say it is for catching the last ferry, but there are later boat than 5 pm...... :o

I'm just very unlucky, the Italian/french ATR72 that Firefly bought arrive 1 per month......