How Many Big Bikes Actually Running In Los?

gobs

Hi mates,

We often speak here about "big bikes"...

And in another thread on GTRiders, Tony said the market is very tiny, that that's for sure, so I was asking myself: "how many big bikes could be actually running in LOS?".

Over 250cc... Legit or not, no problem... Not the TRUE number, but an estimate...

Someone has a good "network" to know this? Or a good crystal ball...

:o

No idea at all by myself... Can't give a number...

Cheers,

Gobs

I tried using a shaman to contact a fortune teller to speak to a psychic about this, and the reply I got was "mak mak" ? :o

Hundreds of thousands probably, when you take into account the cruisers, racers, the unregistereds, the customs and the undefinables.

Overall the "big bike" market is tiny, but remember, that is in comparison to the "small bike" market of millions and millions ! When you go by the various dealers and see an overwhelming number of small bikes, and a couple of 200cc (or slightly larger bikes), and then look at how many of those dealers there are compared to the Big Bike dealers, you can see that Big Bikes do make up a small percentage of the market.

But if you were to go to North America for example, and ask the reverse question (how many "small" bikes actually run in the US) for example, and the answer would be reversed as well. Overwhelming number of (225cc+) big bikes, and only a small percentage of small bikes.