Baggage X-ray Workers Of Suvarnabhumi Airport Strike

george

I've been involved in strike action on a few occasions; and my own experience has been a disenchanted work force finally saying "no more" after being driven to the edge by an uncaring management. A strike usually is the last option left, AFTER said management has failed to move its position, or meet previous promises. I don't know a thing about employment law in the LOS, or if independant arbitration bodies exist here, but I'd imagine the employer will now be under considerable pressure from all sides to resolve this despute. Yes, some companies are pushed out of business by industrial action, but hopefully, companies with more progressive management and attitudes towards their employees will always florish. Good luck to the airport workers, hope they get what they've been promised.

You are correct. I organized a strike once. People who proclaim that strikes are easy don't have a f"""""g idea what they are talking about. They don't know what black mail tactics and even personal intimidation's the employers use to avoid a strike. They don't know that the potential strikers must be supported by their families what is many times not an easy decision. In our case we decided an 100% yes vote was needed before we took action and 3 different Unions where involved who all have their own agenda.

No my friends organizing a strike is certainly not a peace of cake. Its the last resort from desperate workers who really see no other way after weeks and even months of endless discussions with the employers and amongst themselves.