Posts About Giving Money To Thai Girlfriends

TenDreams

Giving money to Thai girlfriends  

402 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok how many of the good people who have contributed to this thread.......

Walk into a bar.....hand over cash for a product they can easily purchase elsewhere for at least 30% less, a product that stimulates their bladder so they pizz more and thus can return to the bar and continue to purchase even more........which contains a level of salt that makes them drink more......they even do this on a regular basis......surely knowing this they would not do it?

I don't mind.....I guess they get something out of it eh?.......but it does seem a little stupid to those who do not partake.....right!!!

I had a job in the US that allowed me to save 50K USD annually. My wife through her constant anoyance & begging to move back to Thailand, brought me to this... "kingdom." I have been here now for 4 years, and I do not earn the kind of money I did in the states. Thus far I have "lost earnings" 200K USD, and I just paid for a house that was 240K.... So I am "in to" this 10 year marriage to the tune of over 500K USD....

So who ever has decided that the "pay for play" model is a better economic option and gives one the freedom of trading up, pat your self on the back & offer a short prayer of "Thanks."

Its lucky that money of itself has no intrinsic value. Its merely a means of exchange to simplify the bartering of our labour for the goods and services that we want. Money is not the petrol that drives the economy, its the grease that stops it from sticking.

So compared to some pictures of George Washington, you have the inestimable happiness of your beloved partner-for-life, and the joy of a comfortable and happy life in Thailand.

When I look back at the thousands, or even millions of baht I have spent on wine, women, and song... but the rest, I just wasted.

SC

That's one positive way to look at it, but Dakhar has suggested in more than a few of his posts that he isn't one of those glass half full kind of folks. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sometimes that glass is indeed no only not half full, but in fact it may be cracked and leaking, and may belong to your mother in law.

:)

If you choose the low girls from the bars, you will pay for the p*ssy, either the nightly,

weekly or monthly rate. If that's what some of the westerners choose, so be it,

there many bar girls who will gladly take their money....

Why not choose a relationship with an educated and employed woman, who has some

culture and can talk and act with decency... how many times have you driven your

bike past bars, pubs & karaoke's and seen the women sitting with legs spread eagle,

shouting like animals with no dignity at every western man who walks by, or very low

behavior of pulling her armpit hairs out, or my favorite - grooming the girl in front of her

(like a baboon).

If that's the girl you choose, say goodbye to your $, €, ¥ or £. There will be a thousand

excuses to steal money...

Ok how many of the good people who have contributed to this thread.......

Walk into a bar.....hand over cash for a product they can easily purchase elsewhere for at least 30% less, a product that stimulates their bladder so they pizz more and thus can return to the bar and continue to purchase even more........which contains a level of salt that makes them drink more......they even do this on a regular basis......surely knowing this they would not do it?

I don't mind.....I guess they get something out of it eh?.......but it does seem a little stupid to those who do not partake.....right!!!

Good analogy; At first I thought you were comparing drinking with gibving money to bar girls, but instead you are comparing the lack of understanding of those who do not participate, due to a completely different 'perspective' / mind set / set of values (not sure of the right word there...).

Walking a mile in someone's shoes springs to mind...I remember walking miles in my brother's riggers' boots but that was a long time ago and far far away, and too literal an interpretation...

SC

If you choose the low girls from the bars, you will pay for the p*ssy, either the nightly,

weekly or monthly rate. If that's what some of the westerners choose, so be it,

there many bar girls who will gladly take their money....

Why not choose a relationship with an educated and employed woman, who has some

culture and can talk and act with decency... how many times have you driven your

bike past bars, pubs & karaoke's and seen the women sitting with legs spread eagle,

shouting like animals with no dignity at every western man who walks by, or very low

behavior of pulling her armpit hairs out, or my favorite - grooming the girl in front of her

(like a baboon).

If that's the girl you choose, say goodbye to your $, €, ¥ or £. There will be a thousand

excuses to steal money...

Sure one can choose an educated, employed woman with some measure of class.... but in the end you are still paying for "it" in some form or another. I don't care where u are, Thailand, Scotaland USA etc etc..

I had a job in the US that allowed me to save 50K USD annually. My wife through her constant anoyance & begging to move back to Thailand, brought me to this... "kingdom." I have been here now for 4 years, and I do not earn the kind of money I did in the states. Thus far I have "lost earnings" 200K USD, and I just paid for a house that was 240K.... So I am "in to" this 10 year marriage to the tune of over 500K USD....

So who ever has decided that the "pay for play" model is a better economic option and gives one the freedom of trading up, pat your self on the back & offer a short prayer of "Thanks."

Its lucky that money of itself has no intrinsic value. Its merely a means of exchange to simplify the bartering of our labour for the goods and services that we want. Money is not the petrol that drives the economy, its the grease that stops it from sticking.

So compared to some pictures of George Washington, you have the inestimable happiness of your beloved partner-for-life, and the joy of a comfortable and happy life in Thailand.

When I look back at the thousands, or even millions of baht I have spent on wine, women, and song... but the rest, I just wasted.

SC

That's one positive way to look at it, but Dakhar has suggested in more than a few of his posts that he isn't one of those glass half full kind of folks. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sometimes that glass is indeed no only not half full, but in fact it may be cracked and leaking, and may belong to your mother in law.

:)

Heng, I am a realist, that appreciates quite neighborhoods, privacy, and independance...... which is very hard to come by in the "kingdom." Fortunatley with the new house that I just bought for the wife, I will be getting a lot more of that. ONE more month until I move.... and then after that I have a 5 minute walk to the office..... I get goose bumps just thinking about it!

The only thing that sickens me is how much money a lot of Tv members supposedly have..."Daddy bought me a Rolls Royce today,but i pushed it into the river because it was the wrong colour"or "I could only send my Thai bargirl friend that i met in Pattaya 700,000 baht this week,do ya think it's too little?"......... :D no,really i think if you can afford to help your woman out,then good on ya.They don't get the sought of money most Farangs do,and who ever heard of a farang supporting their entire extended family? :)

What you dont have money? What are you doing here then?