Chief Of Weather Bureau "transferred"

george

Chief of weather bureau transferred after last week's tsunamis

BANGKOK: -- The Director-General of the Meteorological Department, Suparerk Tansriratanawong, has been transferred to a new post in the Office of the Prime Minister, Government Spokesman Jakrapob Penkair announced this morning.

Mr. Jakrapob told a press conference that the change was ordered by the cabinet at its weekly meeting here on Tuesday morning.

"The cabinet ordered that Mr. Suparerk be transferred to the Office of the Prime Minister to help a government newly-established team to set up an early warning system for any earthquakes or tsunamis in the country in the future", he disclosed.

"The team is headed by Mr. Smith Tumsaroch, the former director-general of the Meteorological Department, who was recently appointed to be a new Vice Minister for the Office of the Prime Minister being in charge of setting up the early warning system in the country", the government spokesman said.

The cabinet's order followed last week's tsunami disaster in Thailand's six southern provinces, including Phuket, Phang-nga, Krabi, Trang, Ranong and Satun, leaving nearly 5,200 dead, over 8,400 injured and nearly 4,000 still missing.

The disaster on 26 December took place nearly two hours after a world strongest earthquake, measured on 9.0 on the richter scale, hit Indonesia's tourist resort island of Sumatra.

--TNA 2005-01-04

One for the conspiracy theorists: I searched for "Smith Tumsaroch +tsunami" on Google, and got this result:

Bangkok Post Thursday 30 December 2004 - We have lost more than ...

... In 1998, Smith Tumsaroch, a former director of the Meteorological Department,

called for a tsunami warning system in coastal provinces. ...

www.bangkokpost.net/News/30Dec2004_news33.php - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

But when I click on the link, I get error 404: not found on this server.

And so the history revisionists begin...? :o

One for the conspiracy theorists: I searched for "Smith Tumsaroch +tsunami" on Google, and got this result:

Bangkok Post Thursday 30 December 2004 - We have lost more than ...

... In 1998, Smith Tumsaroch, a former director of the Meteorological Department,

called for a tsunami warning system in coastal provinces. ...

www.bangkokpost.net/News/30Dec2004_news33.php - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

But when I click on the link, I get  error 404: not found on this server.

And so the history revisionists begin...? :o

This one is the document their talking about.

http://www.undp.org.in/UNDMT/Early%20Warni...reparedness.pdf

Besides this guy has been a leutennant of Mr Toxin since long.

If you search his name you see he's been president of the airport, helped laucnh a sat for shincorp, been involved in weather indeed and lots more , same same