Painters

pedro01

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Just had the painters in -

they painted the wall switch covers to the wall (takes 2 seconds to take them off) they painted all over my brand new down lights

they painted all over the new patio doors

they got wall paint on the new wooden floor & varnish on the new granite floor they even managed to chip the new marble floor in a few places

I mean - don't they have masking tape in this country ?

Useless, lazy f*$@wits

So - I need a painter - pretty quick to put this all right - anyone know anyone ?

Cheers

Pedro (temporarily insane)

Masking tape would be an insult to their abilities. There is normally someone with thinner who goes along trying to fix the over splash but guess they were expert enough not to require that service. As for outlets they do not have a clue that they come apart. For the most part anyone able to lift a brush is considered a painter. And DIY is so novel here that they can demand relatively high fees. Do understand your frustration.

they painted the wall switch covers to the wall (takes 2 seconds to take them off) they painted all over my brand new down lights

they got wall paint on the new wooden floor & varnish on the new granite floor they even managed to chip the new marble floor in a few places

Useless, lazy f*$@wits

So - I need a painter - pretty quick to put this all right - anyone know anyone ?

Cheers

I never seen otherwise, even saw a brand new mahoganie or teak floor splattered with white spots.

Best thing is you could do it yourself .... but you need a work permit for that :o

Masking tape would be an insult to their abilities.  There is normally someone with thinner who goes along trying to fix the over splash but guess they were expert enough not to require that service.  As for outlets they do not have a clue that they come apart.  For the most part anyone able to lift a brush is considered a painter.  And DIY is so novel here that they can demand relatively high fees.  Do understand your frustration.

Thinner???

The true experts finish by scraping all your delicate fixtures with a spackle knife irreparably f*ing everything that once had paint on it. :o

I feel your pain buddy. Better to do it yourself next time.

All of our exterior windows had and still have paint over them. Pain in the a55 to clean since they are the ''horizontal crank to open and close'' style.

We had people mixing concrete outside as well after the house had been painted. Ended up having to scrape concrete off the house and 12 meters of fence on the side and back and repaint everything...

I repainted the whole inside since it was mistakenly painted swimming pool green.

Afterwards, crews installing the air conditioner and curtains were generous enough to leave us a souvenir of their visit... black finger marks all over the newly painted walls.

You have to be present when work gets done or...

Useless, lazy f*$@wits

Cheers

Were you shopping for price on the paint job ?

You get what you pay for in most cases .

Useless, lazy f*$@wits

Cheers

van-gogh-vincent-autoportrait-3100276.jpg

maybe he can help you :o

just kidding, i just painted my own apartment myself, because of all the reasons you mentioned, sorry i am not for hire :D

You get what you pay for in most cases .

Not in this case - 2 million Baht on the refurb & counting.....

Money isn't a problem here - quality is - if you know anyone that can do a decent job, I'd appreciate it.

Problem is that they are few qualified painters in Thailand and no restrictions on who can do it....Your painters were probably local lads with little or no experience, after all, how hard can it be to put paint on a wall. no good painter would use masking tape except maybe to cover the tops of switches, etc...the art of cutting in not easy to learn. I could also guess that they have picture framed every wall, caused by cutting in the whole room before painting the walls. I saw some painters in Pattaya doing some patch up work on a new paint job....I had to show them how to feather the edges in, Just didnt think of it did they....but they knew how to get a bottle of beer to the top of the scaffold...LOL

I know a guy that could do an excellent job, rag rolling, sponging, marbling etc... want a feature wall...not a problem....trouble is he wont go to Thailand...but he is an artist as a house painter. I have worked with him and he is a perfectionist at his job and a nice guy for a Scouser, well an Aussie Scouser that is...LOL.

i've got a friend who will paint your walls , put painting effects, marble, stucco, ect..

You just will have to pay his ticket then :o

http://www.mbdekor.be

An interior decorator is just a good painter who charges 3 times more....LOL

sorry Darknight.... :D

i didn't say he was an interior decorator. He's a painter and a very good one at that :D , just alitlle far away for thailand i guess :D

surely there are a few near retired tradesmen floating around this web board who wouldn't mind doing a bit of cash in hand work. Doubt it if the work permit authorities would care.

During the mid 90's boom I heard stories of certain hi-so Thai's flying up australian and NZ tradesmen to fit out their new pads. Not sure if this story is true though!!

Edited by samran

surely there are a few near retired tradesmen floating around this web board who wouldn't mind doing a bit of cash in hand work. Doubt it if the work permit authorities would care.

During the mid 90's boom I heard stories of certain hi-so Thai's flying up australian and NZ tradesmen to fit out their new pads. Not sure if this story is true though!!

when i did the protype/mock-up rooms for the peninisula in bangkok, we flew in 10 tradesman from australia to do the job :o

we also did three house for high level thai's...money and workpermit's was a non-issue, made actually good money out of it though :D

yes even in this modern age...thai's are still a long way of western standards :D