Khoa Lak

I just came back from khao lak. I was totally amazed. I saw a 20 meter plice boat 300 meters from the sea acroos the main road!! the ned sofitel was devistarted and it appears that the water went over 1 km inland.

Pictures and tv do not convey what it looks like.

People are coping and I took up lots of baby formula and flip flops and toys

Every top end resort is totaled. We are talking over 7,000 hotel rooms. The waters hit the whole main road of Khao lak and all the new shop houses are shells.

I found 2 camps, one for thai's and one of Chao lay, ( sea gypsys) whose small fishing village was wiped out.

Plenty of kids running around being kids.

Gave them lots of milk and toys for the kids. They have plenty of Water and clothes (from donations and the missing, piles and piles of clothes.

No help from bangkok has yet arrive!!!

As of the 2nd there are still over 5,000 missing and viewing the pics there is no way you would ever recognize who they were. Only thru dna will anyone know .

The problem is not now as they have food/tents and clothing. the problem will hit in a week/month or year. Although the farang survivors can go home the locals can't. Many of them have nothing and have lost someone plus their way to make a living. No idea what they can/will do. Spoke with a thai guy from Bangkok and they are in real need of counsellors but as we know Thailand is not big on that type thing.

Thailand needs to develop projects to help these people and knowing the speed at which thailand moves I feel very sad.

I can't even imagine Indonesia ;-(

They are in need of a future and I only pary that the thai goverment steps in to help. Everyone up there is amazing and I have only praise for the thai military there helping out.