Tg To Uae?

Haven't seen any references to UAE on the board.

I know Thais require visa for UAE. Any idea how difficult it is for a TG to get a tourist visa for UAE? I have work there (Dubai) later this year and I thinking of flying a friend over for a visit. I will be in BKK in March so I could go with her to the UAE embassy, if needed. My questions are as follows:

1. Would it be easier for her to get the visa if I go with her to the embassy and/or write a "sponsorship" letter (note: I am a US citizen)? The visa information references that the person needs "sponsor in the UAE". Wonder if that has to be a UAE citizen?

2. Easier for her to go if I fly with her? My plan would be that I would already be there - and she would come over for a week for a visit.

Thanks for any information/experiences anyone can provide regarding the UAE.

Jimy

Best bet is to fly Emirates and get the visa done though their offices in Askoe. Their embassy in Thailand doesn't issue visas.

I have a Thai PP and getting there via flying Emirates was the only way I could get a tourist visa into the country. The visa was straight forward, but then again, I am male. Effectively, the airline 'sponsors' you. I booked my flight, put in the application, which the airline sent off to the UAE, and then got a positive reply a couple of days later, went down to pick up my visa.

I remember the girl at the airline told me that they do treat single Thai females travelling there with suspicsion, and some do get rejected. I don't know the percentages though.

Dunno what the best advice is. I don't know if you travelling with her will affect her application, as the visa is considered independently of the airline by immigration in Dubai. The airline only processes the application.

The other option would be to get a 5 star hotels to 'sponsor' a visa for her. You usually need to book a minimum 3 nights and they do charge for it.

Gulf Air in Abu Dhabi used to have an arrangement whereby a resident could apply for a visa for a Thai national at their AD office which was obtained without hassle then sent to BKK for the person to collect before boarding the flight. All that was required was a photo copy of the Thai passport. However this was 5 years ago and things may be different now. But still worth giving them a ring in Dubai.

Hi Tutsi,

Thanks for the info, but if I read what you are saying correctly this doesn't apply to my situation. I am not a UAE resident. I will be on a short-term work project (2-3 weeks) and want to bring my girl over for a short visit while I am there.

Thanks,

Jimy

UAE, specifically Abu Dhabi City and Dubai is one big brothel so depending upon the mood of the day there are clampdowns on thai, chinese, russians etc. If you're luckly she can get a tourist visa easy provided she comes on a return ticket, confirmed hotel booking and sufficient money.

It might be wise to accompany her.

Hi Tutsi,

Thanks for the info, but if I read what you are saying correctly this doesn't apply to my situation. I am not a UAE resident. I will be on a short-term work project (2-3 weeks) and want to bring my girl over for a short visit while I am there.

Thanks,

Jimy

Definetly then I think that getting some sort of hotel sponsorship might also be wise. My wife was officially resident in the UAE tried to sponsor me herself, but it is a major hassel and the immigration officials there are 100 times worse in being helpful than their thai counterparts. Thats why I opted for the Emirates sponsorship option myself.