Nasa Vegas

Doalittle

Advice needed. I will be staying at Nasa Vegas RAMKHAMHENG RD soun lung in 2 weeks

Are there any reasonable priced restaurants nearby?. My reason for asking is a friend told me there is very little around there except street food.

Either western or Thai.

The Mall (Ramkamhaeng) is just after the traffic light with loads of food choices.

Cross the main street from NASA Vegas, get the green bus (less then 10 baht) or hop on to a taxi for a less then 5 minutes ride (if no traffic).

Explorer

• 2 weeks later...

I just stayed there last night. Everything is a taxi ride away unless you are willing to take local bus's. The staff wil help you with which routes to take.

There are a couple of Thai and Korean all you can eat BBQ restaurants on New Petchabury Rd. The best one I've found is SD BBQ on the right side, just past an ESSO gas station also on the right, close to the Soi Thong Lo intersection.

There really is nothing on Sukhumvit 71 except small Thai restaurants and karaoke bars. The same holds true for Phattanakahn except that you can have a very good time at the nearby ISSAN TAWAN DAENG, a music club specializing in MORLAM, the traditional Issan music. It gets lively after 10pm but is very friendly to westeners. It can be very loud so bring a bit of cotton for your ears. They do serve food but it is so-so.

The NASA restaurant isn't bad and is reasonably priced. The steamed, whole sea bass is B250 and easily feeds 2. Room service was never more than 15 minutes.