My Tooth Filling Just Dropped Out!

simon43

My teeth situation is rapidly approaching that of my dear old mother - ie toothless.

I need a major overhaul to replace missing fillings, maybe add a bridge or two etc.

Is there a dentist in Phuket (Patong?) who:

- Is generous with the Lidocaine

- Is competent and value-for-money

- Will not circumcise me by mistake

Thanks

Simon

My teeth situation is rapidly approaching that of my dear old mother - ie toothless.

I need a major overhaul to replace missing fillings, maybe add a bridge or two etc.

Thanks

Simon

Or shoot lidocaine into your "little brother." :o

TheWalkingMan

Thanks

Simon

Will call you tomorrow to direct you to a very good one: cheap, reliable,very good work....and he's a farang.

Gerd

Thanks

Simon

Will call you tomorrow to direct you to a very good one: cheap, reliable,very good work....and he's a farang.

Gerd

Have a problem!! I may need a an inplant or bridge, can you post or PM me :o

Have a problem!! I may need a an inplant or bridge, can you post or PM me :o

My wife is in the process of having a bridge put in by the dentist recommended by fiddlehead above.

His prices seem to be about 15-20% less than the dentist she previously used in Patong, and he also concluded that some of the work that the other dentist wanted to do wasn't necessary at all.

We looked into both implants and bridges. In Phuket Town, the implant runs 60K, while in Patong it's 70K. I don't think either includes the crown that's subsequently mounted on the implant, so figure another 15K for that. The issue with implants (according to others we spoke with) is that it's a long process (3-4 months), and there can be complications that require additional work and expense. For the bridge, it's priced by the tooth (typically 3 teeth are involved in a bridge) - prices range from 8K to 15K per tooth, depending upon the material used. Porcelain over gold runs 12K and 15K, depending upon the gold content, and I think the 8K version is some sort of base metal with no porcelain veneer.

I'm sure that Gerd will be sending you some good info - you can use the info above as a point of reference.

Thanks

Simon

Gerd

I wouldn't mind finding out about the Ferang Dentist. My wife had to go to the Bankok Phuket Hospital for Emergency treatment

at christmas when we were last out, it was ok as it had to be sorted, but not the most gentle dentist she has seen!

• 2 weeks later...