Is The Buffalo Worth A Visit -hassle Free Night

The Philosopher

The Buffalo Bar used to be great. The girls, although not the best looking in town, were good and friendly. I never had a problem with being ripped off and always enjoyed my time there.

Unfortunately, it's a mere shell of what it used to be and IMHO not worth a visit these days.

If we get to vote, I cast mine with Beacher :o

The Castle?? Isn't that the S & M bar where you pay an absolute fortune for a drink?

Busted. Anyway, what could be more hassle free than being chained to a wall and being left alone for 30 mins at a time?

Surely this is the way forward.

Edited by Ungabunga

patklang, what's a 'stitch up'? How did the ladies rip you off? Are you new here? Are you not hansum man?

I am not a regular but drop by there maybe once a month on my way home, never had any problems with staff, drinks or prices.

With the explaination of " i cant be arsed to give them grief every time i go in. " explains why he is not treated like most the customers.

With Tiger at 60 baht, Soft drinks at 40 Baht. LDs at 75 Baht, how can you say you are ripped off. I was in Soi 7 the other night in a Beer Bar and the LD was 130 Baht !!

Other fees are similar with other places in town, but under forum rules, I cannot say more.

The poster who says the "Furniture was worn" obviously has not been there recently as they have just completed a total refit with new seats, mirrored walls, new coyote podiums and even Serpents over the waterfalls. I have been told even the uppper floor accomodation is now up to good Hotel Standards.

As I live near the place, I visit most evenings on the way out or back, and here is a photo of the Staff Parade outside on Tuesday

post-34728-1234463961_thumb.jpg

Ain't been there for years. I too was told it was a hidden gem known only to locals and at that time it was way out in the boondocks. Developments have stretched to and beyond it now.

Seem to recall the opening processsion at the start of the evening when all the girls came out and did a kind of conga was fun but apart from that nothing special.

post-34728-1234463970_thumb.jpg

This is a photo of the girls doing the Lao dance round the Buddha Shrine in the tree. This happens every Tuesday and Friday.

Buffalo Bar is a place you either LOVE or HATE. Most other bars would kill to have the trade they have. With 7 new girls having started last week, the owner said to me the other day that he would employ another 20 girls tomorrow if he could get them. Who else can say that in today's financial climate???

^^ Ahhh... cliquey. Now Grasshopper understand. Nope, never noticed that either.
.... the only vague answer I got was that it was clicky...
... It's called 'The Castle'. Definately not clicky....

<deleted> DOES CLICKY MEAN???!!!

It means do people who frequent the establishment regulary treat it like their own personal members club and shun unknown customers

Yes Philo, I got that somewhere on page 1. The term for a narrow group of persons you describe is a clique, not a click so the correct adjective is cliquish or cliquey... CLIQUEY NOT CLICKY!!! Got that?

Clicky is the noise her bloody high heels make on the way out.

patklang, what's a 'stitch up'? How did the ladies rip you off? Are you new here? Are you not hansum man?

I am not a regular but drop by there maybe once a month on my way home, never had any problems with staff, drinks or prices.

With the explaination of " i cant be arsed to give them grief every time i go in. " explains why he is not treated like most the customers.

With Tiger at 60 baht, Soft drinks at 40 Baht. LDs at 75 Baht, how can you say you are ripped off. I was in Soi 7 the other night in a Beer Bar and the LD was 130 Baht !!

Other fees are similar with other places in town, but under forum rules, I cannot say more.

The poster who says the "Furniture was worn" obviously has not been there recently as they have just completed a total refit with new seats, mirrored walls, new coyote podiums and even Serpents over the waterfalls. I have been told even the uppper floor accomodation is now up to good Hotel Standards.

As I live near the place, I visit most evenings on the way out or back, and here is a photo of the Staff Parade outside on Tuesday

post-34728-1234463961_thumb.jpg

Ain't been there for years. I too was told it was a hidden gem known only to locals and at that time it was way out in the boondocks. Developments have stretched to and beyond it now.

Seem to recall the opening processsion at the start of the evening when all the girls came out and did a kind of conga was fun but apart from that nothing special.

post-34728-1234463970_thumb.jpg

This is a photo of the girls doing the Lao dance round the Buddha Shrine in the tree. This happens every Tuesday and Friday.

Buffalo Bar is a place you either LOVE or HATE. Most other bars would kill to have the trade they have. With 7 new girls having started last week, the owner said to me the other day that he would employ another 20 girls tomorrow if he could get them. Who else can say that in today's financial climate???

Read the posts and you will see overwhelming negativity for this place,for whatever reason.my comments were based on having to complain or stop a lady trying to slip a bill in my check for a drink i didnt order,or ask me for a drink even befoe i get my first one,i dont need that hassle,i am a paying customer.About 20 of my mates dont go now and they all say the same.

As time moves on some bars go from good to bad or vice-versa,and some bars stay consistantly good,they will survive.Its no good coming on here and saying this place has improved,it should be to a high standard before.Same as Darling bar,after the refurbs,they put the prices up and the quality of ladies,pool tables,cues etc etc down.I dont go there now,i can spend my money anywhere and have a great time,also bar owners beware,you upset one expat and all his visitors,friends relatives dont go there neither.I will try again on my own,then if its much much better than before i will teke mates in there.

^^ Ahhh... cliquey. Now Grasshopper understand. Nope, never noticed that either.
.... the only vague answer I got was that it was clicky...

It means do people who frequent the establishment regulary treat it like their own personal members club and shun unknown customers

Yes Philo, I got that somewhere on page 1. The term for a narrow group of persons you describe is a clique, not a click so the correct adjective is cliquish or cliquey... CLIQUEY NOT CLICKY!!! Got that?

Glad you finally clicked on to that. :o

OP, what is 'clicky'?

:o

Yeah! Easy boys! The Buffalo's a good place! Very nice looking, large assortment of ladies there, I think. Drinks aren't the cheapest, but we never got ripped-off in any way. Ladies were polite, pleasant & attentive each of the 3 or 4 times we were there... (Oh! And after a couple of belts at the Buffalo, you can sidle over to the Fetish Bar next door- 900 baht to get through the door! Is it a good place? Absolutely NO IDEA (it's 900 baht to get through the door!)!!!)

:D

OP, what is 'clicky'?

(Oh! And after a couple of belts at the Buffalo, you can sidle over to the Fetish Bar next door- 900 baht to get through the door!

Yes, and you will receive a 'couple of belts more' at the 'Castle'.

OP, what is 'clicky'?

(Oh! And after a couple of belts at the Buffalo, you can sidle over to the Fetish Bar next door- 900 baht to get through the door!

Yes, and you will receive a 'couple of belts more' at the 'Castle'.

:D

Whoa!!!! Good point by you... (set you up, didn't I?)

The Buffalo bar is full of prostitutes ( lets call a spade a spade ) who will try to hook you .( and thats ok if thats what you want ) .If you want a non hassel bar go to some of the Irish ones in Pattaya /Jomtien . One girly bar where you will not be hasseled is Wonderful bar 2 on 2nd road .They also have live music and cheap beer prices .

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH, This is Thailand, there are no bars full of the types of people you suggests, theres only genuine ladies looking for a good man for take care. Its obvious you have never been to thailand :D:o

• 2 years later...

Glad you finally clicked on to that. :o

I wanted to add a new post to the above as this Bar is very clicky it seems......here is copy of email i wrote to proprieter:

Dear Madam,

I would like to mention the following as this incident at your establishment(Buffalo Bar) seems to be happening more and more often.

The other night a guy was sitting by himself at the main bar minding his own business just having a cold beer. Then from the tables at the rear where a group of men were someone started throwing peanuts at the guy. He obviously turned around to look and then ignored. Someone from the group again threw some peanuts and he looked back at them again. I think it happened one more time and then one of the "thugs" got up and came over to him and started threatening him violently until the bouncer calmed it down....then the bouncer sort of ushered the guy out like he had done something wrong?

An incident a few weeks to that also a similar situation, a group of guys trying to make a guy jealous over a girl that he was with ....seems some guys are going in there with intentions to look for problems with other folk there who just are there to enjoy a night out.

I think you need to get stricter and take more control before someone ends up getting hurt badly!