Vietnam War Oriented Movies

kiakaha

Vietnam War oriented movies  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Green Berets with John Vain ???? :o

The Green berets was the last of its kind, in respect to a good kick at the propaganda genre. It was a particular favourite of some university students that were umm friends. :D Being baked helped one appreciate the hidden comedy. The atrocious acting of future TV show bit players Jack Soo and George Takei along with the over the top facial grimaces of David Janssen make this worth a viewing. It is a film that offers up so many stereotype gems.

Forest Gump.

You beat me to it. However, Gump really wasn't about Vietnam, although Lt. Dan in his NYC drunken stupor is a good rendition of the Pattaya expat as per the Pattaya News reports.

Apoca Now ...definately No .1

Not exactly Vietnam War but recon 'The Killing Fields' must be one of the most inspired /moving.

Air America and the one about 'Dumbo' the elephant (made in Chiang Mai) was a bit yawny but funny.

One almost unknown made about 15 + years ago was called 'Frankies House' and based on the story of Tim Page (photo journo...who I actually met in Cambodia once in Stung Treng-1993) and features Sean Flynn (son of Errol ) who went missing in @1970....believed killed by the NADK-VC-CIA....

Apocolypse Now does it for me.

Does anybody know if there are any movies made about the secret war in Laos, especially about the Steve Canyon Programme, or the Hmong people's involvement in it.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

The closest i have in my list is "rescue dawn".

Christian Bale plays a pilot flying Laos bombing raids , is shot down, taken prisoner and escapes through the jungle. True story.

But it is an escape story, nothing in it about Hmong or Steve Canyon.

kiakaha wrote

The closest i have in my list is "rescue dawn".

Yes, I watched Rescue Dawn on the plane over to Thailand on one of my trips last year, wasn't that impressed to be honest.

I just wonder if anybody had done something with Christopher Bassons book called the Ravens, i.e I'm sure the programme was named the Steve Canyon Programme after an American comedian at the time.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad